PDA

View Full Version : In conjunction w/ PVR IPTV Simple Client

ilan
03-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Don't know how many have tried using the new IPTV Stalker video add-on with PVR IPTV Simple Client? The epg loaded fine.

Using the following m3u

http://localhost:8899/channels-1.m3u

the channels loaded, but when I clicked a channel w/in the PVR, nothing happened. No working message. No error message. Nilch...

The video add-on is working fine. I can navigate the folders and successfully launch channels.

Possibly the m3u access is sporadic? Other thoughts?

Jzmjr
03-19-2016, 05:24 AM
Same thing. The channels from the m3u list don't work or load.

dara
03-19-2016, 06:09 AM
This works for me, on Kodi 16, as well as TVMC 14.2, on Windows 10.

I don't think its the m3u list.

Jzmjr
03-19-2016, 06:34 AM
So the m3u list that is generated by that link works fine?

ilan
03-19-2016, 12:26 PM
Could the list be up and down? Yesterday it loaded fine once, but the channels wouldn't play. After that, the channels wouldn't load over many attempts.

dara
03-19-2016, 12:48 PM
Did you try toggling the server?

ilan
03-19-2016, 01:55 PM
I get connection refused, which I guess would occur if there was no authentication.

Jzmjr
03-26-2016, 08:50 AM
Any update on how to get it to work properly ?

anon2599
04-10-2016, 06:21 PM
I belive the solution to this ..is create a personal .m3u file and load this via remote path in simple client.

I have not tested this ..but Iam sure it will work and load continuous instead of sporadic like the normal method does.
I am using stable Kodi 16 on a windows 7 pc.

I have the papio video stalker 10.1 add-on configured correct with full security details and the .m3u server is running ..but still via normal means is very sporadic and only displays the kodi tv icon on the home page when you disable and re enable the tv tab within kodi settings...Then everything loads fine including epg ,via the ninja epg app.
Now my question to dara is....Please can you tell me if I can create my own personal .m3u ? or where can I find this in my system? when it is created via ( http: //localhost:8899/channels.html?portal=1) so I can use this in the local path of simple client instead of using http: //localhost:8899/channels.html?portal=1 .

Please PM me the details if inappropriate .

I am subbed for a year with nfps private server and I use this in your stalker papio video addon 10.1.

Thank you for your time and any help you can offer.

ilan
04-10-2016, 06:30 PM
I was able to figure it out. Here is a thread in which I was explaining the necessary steps to someone else. I use the epg updater to download the guide and then I point the Simple client to it in the epg configuration area. I do use the m3u local path, though: h**p://localhost:8899/channels-1.m3u

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?16546-Epg-ninja-and-pvr

And dara has directions in the lower part of the ISP 10.0.1 directions:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?15368-IPTV-Stalker-quot-Papiao-quot-10-0-1-Install-and-How-to-tutorial

anon2599
04-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Thanks mate!.. Will have a look.
Edit: I have no problems loading the channels mate but I have to re-enable the tv icon which is why I posted what I need.
The point in my post is to remove the need for constantly having to do this method as it is very cumbersome.

If I can make a .m3u file and load this via the local path with my details ...then I know 100% this will load every time without the need for constantly having to disable TV option and re-enabling it to get the 808 channels to load.

Edit : just changed the server in epg ninja stalker addon to sever 1 and its seems to be loading ok tried a few times and its loading channels ok....Now I had it set to 3.server in epg ninja stalker as in papiao it is 3.sever ..papio as thats my server addy ...so strange ..but working ok atm.
Fingers crossed it keeps loading after shutting down kodi ....I hope so.

Tried with mulitle closing down kodi ...and its loading fine now every start so I can only presume the cause was setting epg stalker ninja to 3.server.

So make sure you set the server port to 1.server in ninja epg stalker ..regardless of what your donation server port is in papiao stalker video add-on is.

Edit: I spoke to soon.........back to same old problem ...I need that info dara please.
Only that will cure this annoying problem with simple client to showing the TV icon in home screen of kodi.

I need to find where the .m3u file is stored in kodi . so I can load this via local path.

dara
04-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Now my question to dara is....Please can you tell me if I can create my own personal .m3u ? or where can I find this in my system? when it is created via ( http: //localhost:8899/channels.html?portal=1) so I can use this in the local path of simple client instead of using http: //localhost:8899/channels.html?portal=1 .

Please PM me the details if inappropriate .

I am subbed for a year with nfps private server and I use this in your stalker papio video addon 10.1.

Thank you for your time and any help you can offer.

The point of the m3u server is to create an accessible m3u list for external apps. It is your 'personal .m3u' file, that also contains the information necessary to get video from the server. You can actually see the content of the file by putting the url in a browser on your machine. It also expires in two hours as each stream link contains the expiring token, so creation of a static personal .m3u is pointless.

The problem with this m3u server is that it was a beta that may never have been complete by the original developer, so it may be unstable. It looks like the developer found similar code and dropped it in as an afterthought without complete testing. You use it at your own risk.

It's possible that your OS doesn't recognize "localhost", which is just the local lan address for your machine.

anon2599
04-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Thank you for explaining this ....You may be right that my OS may be suspect ...So I will look at this and see if I can cure this annoying anomaly.

Thank you Sir ...for your time and help.

Edit: Quick update. May help others in a similar predicament.

Set up as per dara tutorial http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?15368-IPTV-Stalker-quot-Papiao-quot-10-0-1-Install-and-How-to-tutorial and the ********** stalker EPG Updater add-on enabled installed in Kodi. http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?16508-How-to-get-epg-ninja-with-PVR-IPTV-Simple-Client-and-IPTV-Stalker-v10-(New)
if you get the TV icon tab problem not loading in Kodi home screen do this.

1: In Kodi go to system/tv/general and disable enable the option..This will now load 808 channels
IMPORTANT ..Do not close Kodi ...we need to keep it open to get the .m3u file in next step.

2: Open a browser on your pc and paste this url (replace xx with tt in url) hxxp://localhost:8899/channels-1.m3u
This will d/l a channels-1.m3u file (save this on your pc in folder)......Now go to ninja stalker EPG updater configure options and disable the simple client configure tab.

3: Now go to the simple client configuration and select general / location/local path and point this to the channels-1.m3u you d/loaded via the browser ..Leave everything else in simple client as is...the EPG was already configured earlier.

4: Once you exit and close Kodi and reopen kodi...You should not have this problem hopefully ever again concerning the TV tab not showing in Kodi home screen.
Been testing this for multiple hours now and no problems to report.

I downloaded the .m3u channel list via your browser suggestion dara and I am pleased to inform you that this has worked flawless for past few hours or more and loads instant too when kodi is opened in windows pc.

I have the epg ninja stalker add-on setting set to not configure the simple client after initially letting it set ..I then disabled it to not configure the simple client...but left it do its thing. e.g.: epg stalker add-on enabled but un-ticked the simple client configuration option. I loaded the channels-1 file to simple client local host and its been working and loading instant.

I do not believe the created channels-1 has any tokens or user information but it AUTHENTICATES within the Kodi system via I believe the papiao settings in stalker when we select the channels in the TV icons section as it does take a wee while longer to load the channels ...But it works fine.

Only problems I see is...We will have to manually update the channels-1 (via browser method) file when NFPS update their channels listings.

Small price to pay for eliminating the problematic and sporadic TV icon problem not loading I believe.

sdruid
04-26-2016, 08:04 PM
Thank you for explaining this ....You may be right that my OS may be suspect ...So I will look at this and see if I can cure this annoying anomaly.

Thank you Sir ...for your time and help.

Edit: Quick update. May help others in a similar predicament.

Set up as per dara tutorial http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?15368-IPTV-Stalker-quot-Papiao-quot-10-0-1-Install-and-How-to-tutorial and the ********** stalker EPG Updater add-on enabled installed in Kodi. http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?16508-How-to-get-epg-ninja-with-PVR-IPTV-Simple-Client-and-IPTV-Stalker-v10-(New)
if you get the TV icon tab problem not loading in Kodi home screen do this.

1: In Kodi go to system/tv/general and disable enable the option..This will now load 808 channels
IMPORTANT ..Do not close Kodi ...we need to keep it open to get the .m3u file in next step.

2: Open a browser on your pc and paste this url (replace xx with tt in url) hxxp://localhost:8899/channels-1.m3u
This will d/l a channels-1.m3u file (save this on your pc in folder)......Now go to ninja stalker EPG updater configure options and disable the simple client configure tab.

3: Now go to the simple client configuration and select general / location/local path and point this to the channels-1.m3u you d/loaded via the browser ..Leave everything else in simple client as is...the EPG was already configured earlier.

4: Once you exit and close Kodi and reopen kodi...You should not have this problem hopefully ever again concerning the TV tab not showing in Kodi home screen.
Been testing this for multiple hours now and no problems to report.

I downloaded the .m3u channel list via your browser suggestion dara and I am pleased to inform you that this has worked flawless for past few hours or more and loads instant too when kodi is opened in windows pc.

I have the epg ninja stalker add-on setting set to not configure the simple client after initially letting it set ..I then disabled it to not configure the simple client...but left it do its thing. e.g.: epg stalker add-on enabled but un-ticked the simple client configuration option. I loaded the channels-1 file to simple client local host and its been working and loading instant.

I do not believe the created channels-1 has any tokens or user information but it AUTHENTICATES within the Kodi system via I believe the papiao settings in stalker when we select the channels in the TV icons section as it does take a wee while longer to load the channels ...But it works fine.

Only problems I see is...We will have to manually update the channels-1 (via browser method) file when NFPS update their channels listings.

Small price to pay for eliminating the problematic and sporadic TV icon problem not loading I believe.

ok, I have the same issue or question but in my case I'm running Kodi on Amazon Firetv stick, and I pull up the browser on my pc to load the page ->
hxxp://localhost:8899/channels-1.m3u .....and it saids page cannot be displayed...

how do I work around this ?
Not running kodi on my pc... would that solve my access issue ?

thanks...

ilan
04-26-2016, 10:20 PM
If you're not running Kodi, you're not running IPTV Stalker Plus with IPTV PVR Simple client and that is what this thread is all about.

As an aside...

If you had downloaded the m3u per IPTV Stalker Plus, putting hxxp://localhost:8899/channels-1.m3u into the browser wouldn't work. You'd need to replace the xx with tt. Many browsers have trouble doing this, however, but you would not need to conduct this step anyway. It does nothing more than display the contents of the m3u file in the browser. It does not download the file or play any required step in the process.

anon2599
04-27-2016, 08:22 AM
but you would not need to conduct this step anyway. It does nothing more than display the contents of the m3u file in the browser. It does not download the file or play any required step in the process.

This step actually Downloads the file Sir and does not display this in a browser....This is the critical step you actually need to take , So you have a hard copy .m3u channels list on your device and for the Tutorial to work.

ok, I have the same issue or question but in my case I'm running Kodi on Amazon Firetv stick, and I pull up the browser on my pc to load the page ->
hxxp://localhost:8899/channels-1.m3u .....and it saids page cannot be displayed...

how do I work around this ?
Not running kodi on my pc... would that solve my access issue ?

thanks...

Not quite sure on the fire stick ? But pretty sure the steps are same on all devices regardless ...e.g.: When you installed Kodi via the fire stick , if you can open a browser on fire stick at same time...quite sure you can ?(if possible?) and use the URL provide to get the.m3u
Just make sure you follow the steps highlighted but your using fire stick instead.

I would recommend you have Kodi installed and IPTV stalker plus papiao running on the fire stick and change the Kodi resolution to be running windowed in Kodi via system/video resolution/windowed...(that should enable you to use a browser on fire stick apps )Then open a browser on fire stick and proceed as via tutorial.

IMPORTANT : Follow the steps to the letter via tutorial making sure the stalker m3u server is running in stalker plus settings and once you have followed and installed the epg ninja guide , make sure you input the correct browser URL
in firestick browser ..... hxxp://localhost:8899/channels-1.m3u .... replace (hxxp) with (http)

I have successfully used this method on many problematic skins ..when the TV icon home screen fails to load using the conventional method.

ezigzag
06-06-2016, 03:04 AM
This step actually Downloads the file Sir and does not display this in a browser....This is the critical step you actually need to take , So you have a hard copy .m3u channels list on your device and for the Tutorial to work.

Not quite sure on the fire stick ? But pretty sure the steps are same on all devices regardless ...e.g.: When you installed Kodi via the fire stick , if you can open a browser on fire stick at same time...quite sure you can ?(if possible?) and use the URL provide to get the.m3u
Just make sure you follow the steps highlighted but your using fire stick instead.

I would recommend you have Kodi installed and IPTV stalker plus papiao running on the fire stick and change the Kodi resolution to be running windowed in Kodi via system/video resolution/windowed...(that should enable you to use a browser on fire stick apps )Then open a browser on fire stick and proceed as via tutorial.

IMPORTANT : Follow the steps to the letter via tutorial making sure the stalker m3u server is running in stalker plus settings and once you have followed and installed the epg ninja guide , make sure you input the correct browser URL
in firestick browser ..... hxxp://localhost:8899/channels-1.m3u .... replace (hxxp) with (http)

I have successfully used this method on many problematic skins ..when the TV icon home screen fails to load using the conventional method.

do i need to redownload the m3u everyday? this works for a day then i have to redo it to get it to work next day

ezigzag
06-06-2016, 03:45 AM
Is it ok to try to edit the iptvstalker addon to save the m3u at physical location? Hopefully get it to overwrite the old m3u everytime it starts up? kodi seems to have np picking up a new m3u dropped in a physical location. (running backup addon with just a m3u seems to trigger channel load up everytime)
In my theory, kodi will load up old m3u until iptvstalker m3u server has a chance to create a new one. Then when iptvstalker creates the new one, channel manager will drop what it was doing and scan in new changes.
It wouldnt matter what boots first

ezigzag
06-06-2016, 03:47 AM
wish iptvsimple would cache local m3u.
can i set local paths into internet paths on iptv simple to get m3u cache?

ezigzag
06-06-2016, 09:58 AM
I created this shortcut in my live tv hub
<action>RunAddon(plugin.video.stalker,mode=server&amp;action=s tart)</action>
i set iptvsimple to remote path instead of local.
i tried to create a autoexec.py in userdata folder
with;
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunAddon(plugin://plugin.video.stalker/?mode=server&action=start)')
still cant get it to scan in at start

ezigzag
06-06-2016, 10:00 AM
well the channels do but the m3u server doesnt. i think i might have to much going on at start up or my rouer isnt plsyiing nice