PDA

View Full Version : IPTV (Rocket) days numbered?

LuckyRabbit
03-13-2015, 03:45 PM
Talking about numbered days, I read somewhere that (XBMC, Kodi) days are numbered, so does that mean that IPTV is in the same boat and if so why would someone buy a box to show IPTV?

BIO
03-13-2015, 03:51 PM
What?? You're the only one talking about numbered days?

IPTV is different that IPTV/KODI but there is an app to run iptv through it with an emulator. There are also linux and android emulators BTW. Main platform for iptv is linux.

Haven't heard the sky is falling with kodi- but even if it were iptv would not be affected.

LuckyRabbit
03-13-2015, 03:59 PM
OK, assuming that iptv is good for the immediate future, what is the best way to receive it, by buying a box and which box is considered the best? Would the box be a linux box and is it hard to use or should I say is there a long learning curve? I just have not been into this IPTV thing because I have been using IKS Rocket satellite for years and now there is talk that it's days are numbered

theuduk
03-13-2015, 04:13 PM
I like the mag254 find it very easy to setup and the functions are user friendly, you can read some test reports of a new box in this thread,,,,http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?70-aVOV-TVOnline

BIO
03-13-2015, 04:15 PM
IPTV is the future.

Right now the front-runners to get it are mag254 and avov.
Mag is linux and avov is android.

Both boxes after setup will be easily operated.

Check out those sections for more info- it's there..

LuckyRabbit
03-13-2015, 04:20 PM
So, I assume that IPTV/Kodi, XBMC emulators are not that good and one has to buy a mag254 or a avov to actually really enjoy IPTV? Again, thanks for all of your help. I am personally using XBMC because it has all of the feeds like Sports Devil which Kodi doesn't.

BIO
03-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Emulators will work, but IMHO emulators never work as well as the real thing. I would suggest you go ahead and try out an emulator on your phone, tablet, pc, etc with our free trial while you read up on what you want to buy for your tv :)

sicario64
03-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Mag254 is recommended for IPTV service.

Marley
03-13-2015, 07:34 PM
i run mag 254 in living room great box to have and so is avov really wont say which is is best till all the testing is over with but they always said to get one of them mag 254 was first then avov but thats up to you now they have avov tvonline box but cant say anything till i have one in my hands for me to test

dreamscape
03-13-2015, 09:13 PM
So, I assume that IPTV/Kodi, XBMC emulators are not that good and one has to buy a mag254 or a avov to actually really enjoy IPTV? Again, thanks for all of your help. I am personally using XBMC because it has all of the feeds like Sports Devil which Kodi doesn't. kodi is xbmc, it's just been renamed

Kimbo
03-13-2015, 09:23 PM
This post is so misleading, what does Kodi have to do with IPTV Rocket* ? since it reads "IPTV (Rocket) days numbered? "

Marley
03-14-2015, 02:49 AM
well lets see just started iptv talk i dont know but i think it has some time and kodi the guys say they will never die now i dont know what to think

LuckyRabbit
03-14-2015, 03:43 PM
well lets see just started iptv talk i dont know but i think it has some time and kodi the guys say they will never die now i dont know what to think
On that theme, I have found a way to add Sports Devil to Kodi. If interested send me a private message. I really hope the people at Kodi are right. Now back to the iptv emulator thing, where can I find this?

floder2
03-14-2015, 03:57 PM
LuckyRabbit

Kodi is xbmc ...........they just changed their name...........................

Bkman2020
03-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Iptv is the future of watching tv.

doozer
06-13-2015, 04:42 PM
I agree 100% that IPTV is the future... Heck, even the EU are looking at bringing digital boarders down so we can watch different countries IPTV services from anywhere in Europe (ie. watch BBC iPlayer in Germany or watch ORF from Austria in the UK).

I think we are just on the edge of major changes in the way we get TV and what we get to see. Its a bit like when we went from 5 channels of TV in the UK to 40 odd when we first got satellite in the UK.

Its only though services like this (developers, supporters, users, admins and mods included) that will bring down barrier and get the services more widely adopted.

Remember when Spotify first launched... Now we have so many streaming services - it is the 'new normal' - this is what will happen with IPTV over the coming years.