PDA

View Full Version : Help me to choose an Android box

Vuvuzela
03-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Hello, I want to buy an Android box, but I do not know what to choose. I want it for many things. It includes watching movies with the TV (at most 1080p), writing emails with a keyboard (touch keyboard is bad for long texts) and playing games without worrying about the battery.

I have found only two options: Ott M8S and MXQ Ott TV Box. In my country, these products are rare and electronic appliances are expensive. Therefore, I have few options.

Ott M8S is more powerful, but it has only two USB ports and it is 50% more expensive than MXQ. I will need at least three USB ports. The mouse and the keyboard will use two ports. I need a free USB port for USB drive.

MXQ Ott TV Box has four USB ports. It lacks Bluetooth, but I think I can use a Bluetooth adapter via USB. I do not know if MXQ will be slow, since I cannot test it before buying. The announcements are divergent, one says that its storage is 4GB and the other says it is 8GB. 4GB is too little.

I prefer Lollipop, but it is not a priority.

Thanks.

kens
03-11-2016, 07:31 PM
get the m8s. U need the 2Gb Ram.
get a micro keyboard mouse combo unit like
> https://www.iogear.com/product/GKM681R/ or
> http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r

theone
03-11-2016, 07:36 PM
You can check our site sponsor for current Android boxes available. Avov and Dreamlink products are ones that you may want to look into.

gabby4chat
03-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Be carefull of the cheap mxq boxes as I got one and is now a pebble on the driveway ... ( Junk )

theone
03-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Be carefull of the cheap mxq boxes as I got one and is now a pebble on the driveway ... ( Junk )

That's why you have to make sure that when you buy a product to make sure of the return policy. Site sponsor here is very good and its return policy.

wickedjoker
03-11-2016, 07:42 PM
This is a great link take a looks it give reviews and what people think of the boxes they use.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?207-whats-your-favourite-iptv-box-and-why-and-rating

Deadwood
03-11-2016, 08:39 PM
I would wait, its been reported the new DreamLink T1 will be available in April and it might just be worth the wait to find out what it "might" have to offer. I'm not one who really likes to buy any boxes that are not well supported as I've had a few that now collect dust. Limited apps, apps that can't be updated, apps that provide no useful purpose are just a few things one has to consider. I really don't like being tied into Google Playstore, Amazon Apps or any other playstore that provides limited apps so consider the box, what its tied to and if it comes with its own loader app that allows you to load your own apps from any source as that would be a key item on my list of what to buy.

P.S. I had a DreamLink Android box and wound up giving it away as it became very restrictive on what you could and could not do with respect to configuration setup.

Alucard
03-13-2016, 03:00 PM
Most android boxes will do what you want. As for USB, you don't have to have 3. You have one and get a hub or use Bluetooth devices. What you do want to make sure of is that the device has plenty of memory and cpu to handle the games you want to play so you need to check that first. If you have a 4K TV then maybe you want a box that also supports 4K. At a minimum you will probably want a quad core with 2 gigs of RAM. Make sure that the box manufacture does not limit you to only be able to install for their own app store as this may limit you on what you can put on the device or at least have a side load option. You might take a good look at the Nvidia Shield or the Amazon Fire TV which may be available at your local electronics stores.