PDA

View Full Version : Avov boxes won't update

Ghost2k
03-08-2016, 03:43 AM
I originally bought a avov fuse box but the issue was it didn't update, so i returned the box and got a tvonline plus instead got two boxes already but they still wont update i go to system info then update it just sits there like all the other boxes, just wondering if it is a problem a lot of people are facing and possibly how to fix it. i made a ticket on the their help desk and they just said " Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We are currently looking into this and we will provide an update shortly. Thank you for your patience. " and still have not received an update or anything like that.

Sleekyboy24
03-08-2016, 04:55 AM
Bought one over the weekend not updating neither.

Marley
03-08-2016, 06:08 AM
none of you said what version your running or did the package installer work at the beginning cant read minds

Sleekyboy24
03-08-2016, 01:51 PM
1.0.4. It made updates on startup, but still the same version. Pressing system update doesn't do anything.

crazed 9.6
03-08-2016, 01:59 PM
what I have seen with avov receivers is that even if it takes the update, there are occasions that the version number does not change or changes but not to the version number expected.
This seems to be a glitch. I have experienced this a few times. I did not know if the update actually took.
So I investigated what the update was suppose to improve on and sure enough the avov had that improvement, so in fact the update did load but the number showing was incorrect.
That one was an update that also brought a different menu screen onto the Fuse and so it was easy to see that it worked.
I would not worry about the incorrect version number showing. If the Manual update options says there is no new update because your receiver is up to date, then that is what you would believe.

unless this is some other issue , as I see Ghost2k had sent it to avov ?

Sleekyboy24
03-08-2016, 02:39 PM
The tvonline+ that i bought a month ago updated fine to 1.0.7. I see changes on the wallpapers and the setting menu.

The second tvonline+ bought over the weekend don't seem to have made any changes after the update which i believe the update didn't come through.

Ghost2k
03-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Mines stuck on version 1.0.5 and doesn't seem to be a glitch in the system. I talked to avov help desk they said there should be a fix either today or tommorow for it. So I guess we have to wait and see

wickedjoker
03-08-2016, 06:01 PM
I had the same issue and did a factory reset and behold it all updated with out any issues.

Marley
03-08-2016, 06:14 PM
yea a factory reset should work but have box plugged into the ethernet when it boots up a package installer should load if you dont get that it will never update that most of problem many have need to have that install first if wireless will update the package installer after you connect to box

Ghost2k
03-08-2016, 09:03 PM
I've done the factory reset thing multiple time with multiple boxes always have the ethernet plugged in it just loads the 1.0.5 version and doesn't go beyond that.

Marley
03-09-2016, 03:56 AM
like i said before does the package installer load you never said if it did

Sleekyboy24
03-09-2016, 04:55 AM
The only time the package installer loaded was the first time i turned it on. It started installing then got stuck at about 80%. Waited for 15 mins. Nothing happened. I ended resetting the box to factory... after factory reset the package installer never appeared

crazed 9.6
03-09-2016, 05:17 AM
something needs fixed.
Ghost2k alerted avov about this :)

Ghost2k
03-09-2016, 05:40 AM
The package installer doesn't load at all most of the time nothing happens once in a blue moon I'll get a message like no image found or something. Hopefully they will have this worked out by tommorow they said they were working on a fix for it. If you guys have any issues with your boxes hxxps://help.avov.tv/portal/home
go to that site and open a ticket their help service is pretty good. Just hope they can fix the problem.

On factory resets a package installer does load but doesn't update to the latest version.

Marley
03-09-2016, 06:23 AM
thats your problem there should load think they need to fix that then it will update too but like you say they are working on it

Yotrek
03-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Good info on other way to factory reset your AVOV .

C/P
You might want to do a factory reset straight through the console on the device. If what everybody else says doesn't work, try the following.
1) Unplug the power from your device but keep the HDMI in.
2) Get a pin or toothpick or something and press and hold the small reset button next to the power on the back of your box.
3) Hold the button for 10 seconds and while holding the button down, put the power plug back in.
4) Continue to hold the button for another 5 seconds and then let go of the button.
5) The box will reboot into console mode and from here you will select factory data reset.
6) Let the box reboot and now any software issues should be gone. If you for some reason load into the same screen, click the normal boot up which is the first option.
7) Your box should now work just fine.

Marley
03-09-2016, 07:07 PM
I have done that before get same thing but worth a try

Yotrek
03-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Luckily I have no problem even after doing factory reset a few times ..

Ghost2k
03-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Tnx for the post yotrek but it doesn't seem to update after the reset. It seems avov didnt fix anything, Left avov another message today I'll have to wait till I hear from them I guess.

Marley
03-10-2016, 08:18 PM
so the package installer works loads all info you just cant update the box right

Ghost2k
03-10-2016, 09:31 PM
The package installer installs the url tv online and radio app and nothing else

Marley
03-10-2016, 09:38 PM
ok only two files

Ghost2k
03-11-2016, 02:40 AM
Just an update. They just said that there fixed the problem and I just went to update 1.0.7 is working now tnx to all those who tried to help me out and big thanks to the avov team I guess they where working out some issue on their end.

crazed 9.6
03-11-2016, 02:42 AM
good job Ghost2k
thnx for the followup