PDA

View Full Version : Avov Vixo1 and Vixo2 - Specifications

crazed 9.6
11-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Built with Micky hop open source technology, an alternative to XBMC

http://www.avov.tv

http://www.mickyhop.org/

-Cloud based streaming.
-A full range of contents from latest dramas and movies to major TV programs, popular cable channels, adult contents, sports and education/life-style content.
-Online Updating

Specifications:
Processor: Rockchip RK3028A Dual-Core Cortex 1.2G A9 Processor
GPU: Dual-Core Mali 400 (Open GL ES2.0/1.1, Open VG1.1, Flash 11.1) Supports Flash hardware decoding by exclusive FTR technology
Memory: 512MB 433MHz DDR3
Internal Storage: 4GB NAND Flash
Wireless Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
OS Android JellyBean 4.2.3
Video Output: HDMI 1.4a/CVBS, Full HD 1080p, 3D movie file format supported
Audio Output: HDMI 1.4a, Optical S/PDIF, CVBS Audio
Peripheral Interface: RJ-45 Ethernet jack (10/00Mbps) – Supports hotspot sharing via Wi-Fi
SD/MMC card reader (SD 3.0, MMC V4.41)
USB 2.0 port x 2
IR Receiver: (built-in, remote included)
Power: DC 5V, 1.5A adapter included
Supported Video Formats: AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/WEBM/DAT(VCD format)/VOB(DVD format)/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP…etc
Supported Audio Formats: MP3/WMA/WMV/APE/OGG/FLAC/AAC/Dolby AC3…etc
Supported Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Spanish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese
Android Market: (Customized market for TV applications)
IPTV/OTT Live Apple HLS, Adobe RTMP, Microsoft MMS, RTSP support
OTT VOD Instant streaming, pull and play, subtitle supported
Web Control Interface: Open web control interface provided for IPTV and VOD
Android Miracast

Marley
11-24-2014, 03:39 AM
they have new update for tv online should all do that or get app first

crazed 9.6
11-27-2014, 07:32 PM
aVoV VIXO2

-introduced their Quad-Core Processor
-introduced their added gaming controller and gaming features
-internal storage is doubled
-updated from JellyBean to KiKat

Specifications:
Processor: Rockchip RK3188 Quad-Core 1.8GHz Cortex A9 Processor
Size: 130mm x 80mm x 22mm
GPU -Quad-Core Mali 400 (Open GL ES2.0/1.1, Open VG1.1, Flash 11.1)
Supports Flash hardware decoding by exclusive FTR technology
Memory: 1G 712MHz DDR3
Internal Storage: 8GB MLC NAND Flash
Wireless Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
Video Input: HDMI 1.4a input x 2
Video Output: HDMI 1.4a, Full HD 1080p, 3D movie file format supported
Audio Output: HDMI 1.4a,
Peripheral Interface: RJ-45 Ethernet jack (10/100Mbps)
Supports hotspot sharing via Wi-Fi
SD/MMC card reader (SD 3.0, MMC V4.41)
USB 2.0 port x 2 each port provide max 500mA
IR receiver (built-in, remote included)
2.4GHz receiver(built-in, for game pad)
Security:
-Hardware unique ID supported.
-AES challenge protection supported
Power: AC 110V~240V input, DC 5V, 1.5A output adapter
Supported Video Format: AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/WEBM/DAT(VCD format)/
VOB: (DVD format)/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP…etc
Supported Audio Format: MP3/WMA/WMV/APE/OGG/FLAC/AAC…etc
Supported Language: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Spanish, French, German, Greek, Italian,
Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish,
Turkish, Chinese
OTA updates pushed from server
IPTV middleware
Dolby supported
Optional AC3, AC3+ supported

tinieBlax
11-27-2014, 08:21 PM
update bro... asft

Marley
11-29-2014, 03:16 PM
now the new 64 meg update for box makes box faster

jr33
12-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Wow looks like the VIXO2 is the way to go...probably going to get one to check it out.

satviewing
12-13-2014, 02:16 AM
but cant find anyone selling them yet

Marley
12-13-2014, 07:12 AM
its same box only has game pad no i'm wrong has Quad-Core so faster box

jetta
12-13-2014, 02:52 PM
but cant find anyone selling them yet

Found this site however I have not dealt with them...hxxp://iptv4sale.net/ordernow/cart.php...... looks like they may have them....hope this helps

satviewing
12-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Found this site however I have not dealt with them...hxxp://iptv4sale.net/ordernow/cart.php...... looks like they may have them....hope this helps

Thanks, I dont need game controller but Higher memory and quad processor should be near future proof.

jetta
12-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Thanks, I dont need game controller but Higher memory and quad processor should be near future proof.

Yes I am wrestling with the same decision on whether to spend the little extra for down the road........or stay in the moment :)

HowlingMad
12-13-2014, 11:01 PM
VIXO2 sounds very good although I have 2 reservations. Micky Hop is very basic and goes long stretches without additions to their lineup. Bare bones bland. The 2nd issue being the constant rebooting to refresh the IP as the original AVOV is lacking the capability to stay with your current IP. I love the addition of game controller and PVR with VIXO2 but will I continue to see a box not utilized to it's potential?

theone
12-13-2014, 11:57 PM
VIXO2 sounds very good although I have 2 reservations. Micky Hop is very basic and goes long stretches without additions to their lineup. Bare bones bland. The 2nd issue being the constant rebooting to refresh the IP as the original AVOV is lacking the capability to stay with your current IP. I love the addition of game controller and PVR with VIXO2 but will I continue to see a box not utilized to it's potential?

I can tell you that avov is really not a bad box although I understand where your coming from but honestly I would still buy their product. I have tested the VOD that rocket will be putting out soon and the picture on the avov is really nice in both HD and SD.

HowlingMad
12-14-2014, 03:27 PM
I can tell you that avov is really not a bad box although I understand where your coming from but honestly I would still buy their product. I have tested the VOD that rocket will be putting out soon and the picture on the avov is really nice in both HD and SD.

I thank-you folcan for your take on the box and don't get me wrong avov has given me many hours of viewing pleasure it's just that a couple of issues drive me squirrely sometimes but then again all boxes when you think about it have issues. Nothing in life is built to our own specifications. I am certain that with the new rocket service that vixo2 will be an industry must. I'm still very intrigued by the quad core, pvr and game controller. I don't recall too many boxes of this type with a pvr (could be wrong) and certainly the only one with a game controller. Just one question I have for you if you are in the know, With Kitkat 4.4.2 are all the apps still Micky Hop or is like say the Google Play an option now? Did the original avov have Kitkat? Not sure on that. I know it's Micky Hop but it's a little fuzzy to me on it's possibilities.

BIO
12-14-2014, 11:58 PM
According to avov website, the 01 OS is Android JellyBean 4.2.3
Doubt they'll ever open up open source like from google IMHO

satviewing
12-31-2014, 03:49 PM

looks like they are out of biz, their website has been down for now over a week :(

redwagon07
01-04-2015, 03:10 AM
might be just me but looks like the VIXO2 is no longer on the VIXO website, only the VIXO1.

newroad
01-09-2015, 06:18 PM
They changed new design for vixo2 and now start to pre order on their site.

This is picture164

Ryu
01-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Vixo 2 looks really nice box, like shape, and remote control. Looks good product, but I'm not going for it:p

newroad
01-09-2015, 11:14 PM
Found that this is all in one box, Mickyhop and kodi(xbmc), iptv, game. It looks OK for me.

BIO
01-09-2015, 11:24 PM
I still only see mickyhop as an option on their website- no xbmc/kodi

crazed 9.6
01-09-2015, 11:45 PM
I see on the avov2 page right at the very bottom they mention xbmc .. nothing more, just a mention of it.
It's mentioned directly beside that picture of the avov2, at bottom of page (the text is part of the picture image).
Maybe they'll have an xbmc in the market ?
Or maybe some other meaning behind that?

BIO
01-09-2015, 11:57 PM
Thanks crazed!!

I see that now, forget to look at the pictures :) (or enable images)

With the hdmi inputs and xbmc it starts looking a lot better to me.
I would like to know more?!..

satviewing
01-10-2015, 12:02 AM
its amazing how fast they took off older v2 and came out with this version.

crazed 9.6
01-10-2015, 12:16 AM
for the avov (as it is now), to be able to do xbmc is a pretty big deal. The avov team I'm sure would know that, so seems strange only to mention it briefly, and only with text in an image.
(BTW, I figured you mighta had images turned off) :)

And yea sure would like to hear more about this :)
Yea satviewing, seems there was an aburpt re-do with their product and marketing I think :)

Marley
01-10-2015, 12:35 AM
like to read more about this

BIO
01-11-2015, 02:25 AM
Been curious about xbmc/kodi and looking to find summin,
Here is a quote from the folks at avov about it

QUOTE ""Kodi will come in to our hardware platform ver3.0
It is kind of app based, however it will cover full version of kodi.
We are working on this project now, we will post it end of this month with full version.""

crazed 9.6
01-11-2015, 03:54 AM
thnx BIO :)

Marley
01-11-2015, 04:19 AM
so no mickey hop ?

BIO
01-11-2015, 04:26 AM
Guess mickyhop app to run xbmc app?

floder2
01-11-2015, 04:30 PM
So the Kodi will only work with AVOV2 ....................

K00lKatT
01-11-2015, 04:57 PM
I would carefully re-read the previous posts in this thread...nowhere does it say XBMC/KODI will work with AVOV2...thks

satviewing
01-11-2015, 05:32 PM
XBMC should work as they are promoting that on their website and the photo posted on their website and also few posts above.

K00lKatT
01-11-2015, 05:45 PM
possibly in the future, same advice, carefully re-read

BIO
01-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Hardware platform 3 is what avov calls the v2. Confusing I know, but here is a quote that might help

avov is one of sponsors who is the first company use our platform in NA.
They use alpa3 board for their model name, vixo2.
Only this model can use kodi platform.
Sounds like mickyhop makes the box and apps for avov to sell?

Mickyhop/avov has stated that they plan on adding kodi to the avov v2. However it is in development and should hear more towards the end of the month. I would take koolkat's advice and slow the enthusiasm a little though, deadlines aren't always met and apps don't always work.

I'm still having connection issues with my avov 1 to iptv

XBMC should work as they are promoting that on their website and the photo posted on their website and also few posts above.

Promoting something doesn't mean delivering something.

Marley
01-11-2015, 09:31 PM
lol what are you saying lol

BIO
01-11-2015, 09:40 PM
I rarely know :roflmao:

satviewing
01-16-2015, 11:28 PM
from mickyhop forum c/p

we are still testing kodi in alpa platform which using vixo1 but there is still some bug and little heavy for ruing both platform. if you still want to use kodi, you can buy vixo2 which has kodi tested already.

crazed 9.6
01-16-2015, 11:33 PM
from mickyhop forum c/p

we are still testing kodi in alpa platform which using vixo1 but there is still some bug and little heavy for ruing both platform. if you still want to use kodi, you can buy vixo2 which has kodi tested already.

vixo1 had it working already and in the public realm as well, but they took down the apps for it just last night, is what I heard.
I guess to make better we are hoping :)

satviewing
01-17-2015, 12:08 AM
well I am just glad it is working fine on vixo2 as thats what i am looking to get.

crazed 9.6
01-17-2015, 12:15 AM
well I am just glad it is working fine on vixo2 as thats what i am looking to get.

I hear yea :)
Things are changing all the time too. I was just informed that my above post is not quite correct anymore :)

toyz4tv
01-17-2015, 01:56 AM
As a avov beta tester I can attest the Gotham 13.2 is working fine for me vixo1

waqarkhan
02-14-2015, 11:32 PM
so guys, i know it had been all discussed. just a final opionon
bOTH For IPTV and kodi/XBMC which is better AVOV VIXO 1 or AVOV VIXO 2 ?
And where to order vixo2 FROM ?

floder2
02-15-2015, 01:50 AM
The Avov website says the AVOV VIXO 2 is on sale for pre order.....the AVOV VIXO 1 can be found on e-bay

Falcon05
02-15-2015, 02:17 AM
I have a Vixo 2 on pre-order and received an email that the shipments have been delayed a week or two due to licensing issues with some pre-loaded games. It's currently being worked out. I was given a refund option or a complimentary Vixo 1 while waiting for the new one. I received the free Vixo 1 yesterday.

keegan6975
02-15-2015, 12:43 PM
hi peps
has anyone tried to per-order vixo2 from their website, iv bin trying to for about a week, seems outa stock and the site wont let me add the per-order to cart ? just wondering if its my end somehow ?

Keegan6975

papasmurf
02-15-2015, 05:05 PM
My wife order one for me two weeks ago they took the money of the card not a word from them been emailing them they will not get back to me

BIO
02-15-2015, 05:12 PM
I would probably hold off on any more orders if you could- till things get sorted out on their end. Maybe keegan not being able to order is a good thing with the delay of licensing issues.

Probably won't need to send more than one email to them though, they'll most likely respond or ship after the dust settles. Wouldn't hold my breath on a new v1 either, if they haven't responded to you yet.

crazed 9.6
02-15-2015, 05:25 PM
I suppose what we have to do is wait till this licensing issue to be fixed (with what Folcan05 mentioned above).

The emails they getting are prolly plenty, you could keep trying the email, but I'd let that alone for awhile till we here what's gonna happen with this licensing thing. They must have your email or emails now, try and give them some more time.
I don't usually get involved with such things, but I do know that the avov team aren't going anywhere soon :)

Fix could be thru legal channels, or maybe they will need to remove what ever they need to remove from the receivers.

keegan6975
02-15-2015, 11:11 PM
I would probably hold off on any more orders if you could- till things get sorted out on their end. Maybe keegan not being able to order is a good thing with the delay of licensing issues.

Probably won't need to send more than one email to them though, they'll most likely respond or ship after the dust settles. Wouldn't hold my breath on a new v1 either, if they haven't responded to you yet.

Thanks Bio, i never thought about that issue, waiting has always treated me fair...

Thanks guys.

faithfull99
02-16-2015, 03:52 PM
I just contacted them from the email above and got a response about my vixo 2 pre order.

gunny
02-16-2015, 04:09 PM
hi peps
has anyone tried to per-order vixo2 from their website, iv bin trying to for about a week, seems outa stock and the site wont let me add the per-order to cart ? just wondering if its my end somehow ?

Keegan6975
Yes, ordered 2 a couple weeks ago. Got notification last week they would arrive on Saturday the 14th. Also received tracking Number. Received notice, Saturday VIA tracking page, stating it was in Mobile but will be delayed. will keep you advised.

BIO
02-17-2015, 03:17 PM
I just contacted them from the email above and got a response about my vixo 2 pre order.

Here is a quote from the mickyhop website ::
I had same problem. Open a support ticket they are much easier to get in contact with. As for the VIXO 2 i am waiting for mine also, but i was told there were too many bugs to be fixed so it has been delayed

So if you want to contact them I guess you need to open a ticket. Pre-sales have stopped and says out of stock now.

My channel store hasn't connected for a few days either, and I found this quote ::

I actually had the same problem. Now that the user base is growing i know sometimes connecting to the server can be annoying. I did a factory data reset and I was online again. Have you tried that?

I was going to install movie25 again since mine stopped working again but decided against resetting. Don't want to reset and be stuck not connecting. I removed mine from the tv for now, maybe later on I'll try it again.

Marley
02-17-2015, 05:47 PM
movie 25 no workie for me which sucks did a reload and nope

gunny
02-17-2015, 11:47 PM
wife said she just received my two vixo 2 boxes

keegan6975
02-18-2015, 03:33 AM
wife said she just received my two vixo 2 boxes

awesome < post back and let us know how they work....;)

gunny
02-21-2015, 01:27 AM
Yes, ordered 2 a couple weeks ago. Got notification last week they would arrive on Saturday the 14th. Also received tracking Number. Received notice, Saturday VIA tracking page, stating it was in Mobile but will be delayed. will keep you advised.

sorry for the slow update. I work two states away and just got home looking forward to my new toys. It was well worth the wait. I have mag254, fire tv, and fire tv stick. the AVOV2 is the Sh**s, easy to setup and beautiful picture, audio and picture are in sync. well worth the bucks for the fun. going to order 2 more for my kids.
NO ISSUES WITH WIFE

avoa

BIO
02-21-2015, 01:46 AM
Glad to hear gunny :) Was expecting a lot more posts of members getting theirs by now. Hope to hear good things from them too.

roadrunneric
03-25-2015, 09:32 PM
no one has posted anything new here in a while. i will update that i still can not find one to buy.

What do you guys think, Wait or but the v1?

I called the company and they told me that they are still holding release while they work out a couple of bugs and that they are anticipating a release by the end of April.

BIO
03-25-2015, 09:34 PM
no one has posted anything new here in a while. i will update that i still can not find one to buy.

What do you guys think, Wait or but the v1? anyone heard anything more on re release dates?

It was posted days ago that it looks like the end of april for the new release date. The v1 is a nice box but the v2 has a lot better specs, up to you if you wish to wait though. There is also a tvonline box out now BTW