PDA

View Full Version : one donation two different devices

daddyrat50
03-01-2016, 03:17 AM
I have one paid rocket donation and my question is can i configure my other device identical to device one and use both of them. Not at same time? Example like one in my living room then i shut it down and go to my bedroom tv and start watching from that device.Will it cause me to have to change mac number each time i switch? thanks for answer in advance. i dont want to do something to jepordize my account and get banned.

DarkSide
03-01-2016, 03:18 AM
works fine with kodi

daddyrat50
03-01-2016, 03:23 AM
works fine with kodi i am not using Kodi. I am using STB emulator 7.13 APK.

DarkSide
03-01-2016, 03:41 AM
i have never tested it on stb emu on multiple devices... try it out... for sure on kodi is working

Zgembo
03-02-2016, 03:33 PM
I have a mag254 in my living room, can i set up kodi on my computer in another room then?

dara
03-02-2016, 03:56 PM
I have a mag254 in my living room, can i set up kodi on my computer in another room then?

You can, but you can't run the same MAC on Kodi. You'll have to change the MAC on the Donation Checker if you want to run the different device. You are limited to three views on the Donation Checker per day, and thus limited to three swaps per day. (That may change on the whims of the server techs).

To answer the initial question on running the emulator on different devices, you should be able to use the same MAC and the same serial number and device ID using the generic version of the STB Emulator. However, the server seems very sensitive to any change, so you may end up having to do an IPTV Reset on the donation checker if going from device to device.

superbob
03-02-2016, 05:55 PM
I installed STB Emulator on my firestick with same serial number and MAC, when it started up I got the Register this device message.
I think an IPTV reset would have sorted it, but suspected it would appear each time so I haven't pursued it yet.

LEAFER9999
03-02-2016, 06:25 PM
i tried on 2 pro emu setups and just causes problems

daddyrat50
03-02-2016, 06:33 PM
i tried on 2 pro emu setups and just causes problems What kind of problems?

LEAFER9999
03-02-2016, 06:42 PM
error message and need to re input dontaion etc
that was last week so give it a try now , maybe different

daddyrat50
03-02-2016, 06:48 PM
error message and need to re input dontaion etc
that was last week so give it a try now , maybe different I am fixing to go experiment as well. I will come back with my results later today.

dara
03-02-2016, 07:00 PM
If you are testing the STB Emu with two different devices, you must use the generic version, and have exactly the same device ID, MAC and Serial number. The device id can be manually custom entry, generated by a random seed, or based on the MAC. You'll probably get the best results from a custom device id.

daddyrat50
03-02-2016, 08:19 PM
If you are testing the STB Emu with two different devices, you must use the generic version, and have exactly the same device ID, MAC and Serial number. The device id can be manually custom entry, generated by a random seed, or based on the MAC. You'll probably get the best results from a custom device id. My test results is i shut down device one. Input my info in device 2 exact as device 1 and it returned and error BTW i am using the custom version 0.7.13 NOT the generic version. Then i went to papiao site and RESET Mac and second device loaded and worked. I shut second device down and went back and turned device 1 on again and soon as it loaded it said contact service provider. So results of this test as you CANNOT have two devices enabled at the same time even though you are NOT watching at the same time and when you change devices you will HAVE to do a IPTV Reset. Guess thats reason you said i had to use the generic version Dara. I like the custom version for the portal already added for your respective donations rocket, 66 etc. The custom versions does not have no place to input device id that i could find. I imagine this is why this wont work this way.

dara
03-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Yeah, the custom versions may have the device_id sending as "random", so you won't know what it is actually sending. Also, even though it has worked in the past, no one is supposed to run devices simultaneously with the same MAC. I'm not saying its not possible, but it isn't allowed. It's pretty obvious when there are connections using the same MAC on different IPs... those are freeloaders. It may not be as obvious if you are running two devices on the same IP, but the server will kick others off, at least temporarily, causing those clients to try to reconnect.

daddyrat50
03-05-2016, 03:15 AM
Yeah, the custom versions may have the device_id sending as "random", so you won't know what it is actually sending. Also, even though it has worked in the past, no one is supposed to run devices simultaneously with the same MAC. I'm not saying its not possible, but it isn't allowed. It's pretty obvious when there are connections using the same MAC on different IPs... those are freeloaders. It may not be as obvious if you are running two devices on the same IP, but the server will kick others off, at least temporarily, causing those clients to try to reconnect.UPDATE: I have tested generic 0.7.13 02 i got from google appstore and i am happy to report that you can configure 2 different devices identical and can watch both at seperate times never at the same time though. Way i have them set is as follows: 1. profile names set to exact same thing. 2. STB model Mag 250. 3. Portal settings set to what your providers URL address is. 4. Active mac number as follows 00:1A:78:XX:XX:XX use 78 NOT 79. 5. serial number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is 16 numbers or letters of your choosing. 6. DO NOT TOUCH IP ADDRESS.
7. Device ID check mark send device id to provider and box above that i used a the default of numbers and its a long sequence of numbers. NOTE you will have to manually input the numbers in one of your devices just make sure everything is identical and it will work like a charm. The device ID might could be shorter i didnt test that way being as i got them both running good with this setup. THis also fixed my problem if i say unplug my firestick or lose power it will come right back up without resetting mac number. Just have to input donation number again anytime from a power loss or from changing from one device to another.

dara
03-05-2016, 03:50 AM
I've been able to use a device id as short as 13 characters on different STB emu setups,

zhong
03-05-2016, 09:03 PM
If you are testing the STB Emu with two different devices, you must use the generic version, and have exactly the same device ID, MAC and Serial number. The device id can be manually custom entry, generated by a random seed, or based on the MAC. You'll probably get the best results from a custom device id.

Unlike Kodi you don't need to put Device ID, Device ID2 and Signature numbers ?
I don't see any place to put them using STB Emu in settings.

I put same UserId and password login that I put in my Mag 254 which works, but when I enter it in to STB Emu I get error.
What is the problem with the software ?

Thanks

Zhong

dara
03-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Unlike Kodi you don't need to put Device ID, Device ID2 and Signature numbers ?
I don't see any place to put them using STB Emu in settings.

I put same UserId and password login that I put in my Mag 254 which works, but when I enter it in to STB Emu I get error.
What is the problem with the software ?

Thanks

Zhong

You are describing the customized STB Emu, not the generic one. Also, because you don't know what the device id is for the MAG254, you won't be able to use that MAC on an STB Emulator, without doing an IPTV Reset. You could use a different MAC by changing it on the donation checker.

zhong
03-06-2016, 07:47 AM
You are describing the customized STB Emu, not the generic one. Also, because you don't know what the device id is for the MAG254, you won't be able to use that MAC on an STB Emulator, without doing an IPTV Reset. You could use a different MAC by changing it on the donation checker.

So do I use 00:1A:79 or 00:1A:78 in the beginning for Mac address in STB Emu ?

Thanks

Zhong