PDA

View Full Version : Rate a KODI ADD-ON

Kimbo
03-09-2015, 05:19 PM
This thread is for everyone to give their review on any Kodi Add-ons. Please include the name, repository name, version (optional), and type of add-on: video or program.
I'm always looking for new add-ons to use and hopefully it will help others find an add on that better suits their needs.

In my rating you will probably see that I rarely if ever give 5 stars because i have yet to see the add-on that performs perfectly or provides far beyond other video add-ons or program add-ons without the need improvement. Even when Smashup was the add-on that pretty much everyone automatically went to it was still a 4.6 in my scale to 5.

Kimbo
03-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Add-on: Phoenix
Type: Video
Repo: Blazetamer
Version: 1.3.6

Pros: variety that includes live tv, tv shows & movies with various watching options HD, SD, & 3D. Radio, documentaries. Hockey only section and different types of genres sections available also. International channels listings. A Manage Downloads section.
Cons: Like in a lot of other add-ons the links don’t work (especially international tv links) or you have to click on them a few times before they work. Very clutter due to having the same item in different folders.
Summary: I like this add on, but there a lot of room for improvement. Losing Woody which was a big part of its original appeal was big, they still have tv links on their folders but it is very clutter making the user view through each folder. Overall Phoenix is a must for all Kodi aficionados that like HD movies, Live TV links and NHL.

Laser Grade: 3.7 STARS

Kimbo
03-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Add-on: Cartoon HD Extra (Cartoon HD 2)
Repo: Xunity Talk
Version: 0.0.4

Pros: TV Show, Movies in HD and DVD video quality, reliable links, one click video plays (no need to look thru sources), Large cartoons list and easy to navigate.
Cons: TV shows are not up to date, TV shows and Movies listings are very limited compared to other video add-ons.
Summary: What started as an addition to Cartoon HD came out better than the original, It’s one of my favorite due to the one click viewing and reliability of their links. Improvements can be made on the TV and Movie listings but overall it outperforms some well known video-addons.

Laser Grade: 3.8 STARS

Kimbo
03-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Add-on: Genesis
Repo: Lambda
Version: 4.0.1

Pros: Live tv, TV Shows & Movies in SD and HD. Easy to navigate, My genesis section., Auto Play and ability to see trailers.
Cons: Could have a larger HD sources list, links like in most video-addons don’t work. Could have a better search tool. Limited number of searches per page (can be fix but it shouldn’t have to)
Summary: Very likeable video add-on, I like the TV calendar option, Movies section is good but not great. Overall I like this add-on, there are many other add-ons that can provide the same service and quality has this one but the creator Lambda makes this a solid choice for any device.

Laser Grade: 4.2 STARS

Revised 03/16/15

Kimbo
03-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Add-on: Istream
Repo: Xunity
Version: 1.0.0.31

Pros: Live TV (pretty good List), Documentaries, TV Shows & Movies HD. More sources for HD than most add-ons. Allows you to view trailers, very well organized, nicely designed add-on.
Cons: You need to installed Xunity skins and Xunity Maintance program for Istream to work, installation is not as easy as most of add-ons, over 60+ dependencies (folders) for Istream. Uses a lot of space on your device.
Summary: If you are a beginner or if your device does not have a lot of memory I would not recommend you using this video-addon. It’s a really-really good add on but it uses a lot of your device resources and there is the risk that future Kodi upgrades may not be compatible which may result in you having to start from scratch with your device like I did when 14.0 came in. I have it in one of my devices but there are a lot of other add-ons that do very close to the same this add on do without the glitz that Istream has.

Laser Grade: 3.7 STARS

Kimbo
03-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Add-on: Total Installer
Type: Program
Repo: Totalxbmc - whufclee
Version: 1.0.7

Pros: Easy to install addons, tools option include all in one maintenance (upload log, view my log, check my IP, TEST my download speed and back up and restore my system), install repositories, install games. Lots lots of extras.
Cons: The possibility that certain add-ons might not update if you install add-ons and not install their repository.
Summary: This third party program is awesome, it saves me time looking for an add-on if is not already on my available to use list. The ability to install any /add-on and have a program that does more like find an add-on based on their genre, ability to test your speed and system back up/restore features might save you space since some people use more than one program to use this. I recommend that you at least try it to see if you like it, I did.

Laser Grade: 4.1 STARS

Kimbo
03-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Add-on: KissAnime
Repo: The Highway
Version: 0.8.9

Pros: Vast anime listings, movies & tv series, easy to navigate. Most if not all in HD and one click viewing. I have yet to experience a "broken" link or a non functioning TV show or movie link.
Cons: It could be better organized.
Summary: For any Anime fan this is the best anime genre video add-on, I tried for a couple of years different ones, but this one stands head above shoulders, just based on the quantity of anime shows and movies. The Highway repository has other anime add-ons that try to replicate KissAnime, but they fall short, the rating would be a 5 just based on the genre but has an add-on it gets really close

Laser Grade: 4.3 STARS

Marley
03-11-2015, 05:21 AM
I see you rate all the apps but tell me what sever do you like when you need to pick one so many to choice which is ones are the best to pick when they give you a list

Marley
03-11-2015, 05:53 AM
Add-on: 1st stop repository highway
Type: program
Repo: The Highway
version 0.1.2

if you know what you doing this is a must have

Kimbo
03-11-2015, 01:08 PM
I see you rate all the apps but tell me what sever do you like when you need to pick one so many to choice which is ones are the best to pick when they give you a list

Is that server? you mean repository?

Marley
03-11-2015, 03:10 PM
no like it ask you around ten server you can connect to for a movie to come on just like avov when you hit play if you have avov

Kimbo
03-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Add-on: SportsDevil
Repo: MaxMusterman (original)
Version: 1.8.8.0

Pros: Lots of resources, pretty much all sports types in the planet
Cons: Video Add-on is discontinue but still works with independent program writers, is a hit or miss with the links, picture quality most of the time is not great.
Summary: This add-on still alive and kicking, I still use it has a backup for MMA main events and Football (U.S. calls it Soccer), if you can’t find your sporting event on your tv provider you will find it here. Most of the allure of this add-on is that it has been here for a long time, other add-ons provide sports has one of their options has in sportsdevil it’s all they do. I’m quite sure that you can a better add-on with sports but if you are lazy (like some of us) and want an old reliable sports only add-on this is it.

Laser Grade: 3.5 STARS

Kimbo
03-11-2015, 03:27 PM
no like it ask you around ten server you can connect to for a movie to come on just like avov when you hit play if you have avov

I get it, like which sources are better to use with each addon and more reliable such as vidzi, 1800upload, primeshare, movshare, vodlocker, etc??

BIO
03-11-2015, 03:33 PM
I get it, like which sources are better to use with each addon and more reliable such as vidzi, 1800upload, primeshare, movshare, vodlocker, etc??

Exactly laser. What it does is sort the available server list and tries to play the first one automagically. So you need to sort the server list to look for the best server to try- if it picks a slow or etc. server as top of the list you don't get the list to choose another server. If first server doesn't play or doesn't show in the list it moves to try the next on the list.

I kinda like to choose my server- tried it both ways.

Kimbo
03-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Thank you ASF and BIO, Great idea :D

Marley
03-11-2015, 03:41 PM
yup now you got it sources i said server anyhow which one when you need to pick are best most have same list and it does make a difference which one you pick

gregm
03-11-2015, 10:45 PM
yup now you got it sources i said server anyhow which one when you need to pick are best most have same list and it does make a difference which one you pick

the most consistent server i have used is movreel. most of the others would ask for a captcha and when you type it in,it asks for another captcha. movreel doesn't do this. if the movie or tv show that you are looking for is on the server,it plays very well,with very little to no buffering
ymmv ( your mileage may vary )

Marley
03-11-2015, 10:54 PM
good to hear now where talking

Kimbo
03-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Add-on: AAAStream
Repo: AAA
Version: 1.9.3Beta

Post deleted - In solidarity to Anonymous

mcpuffins4
03-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Here's my pick for amazing ADD ONS all the credit goes to the develop /coder
Add-on: MuttsNuts
Type: program
Repo: JasOnpc
version 0.0.5

I love this ADD ON for it's content, easy ONE CLICK streamability, AND best you choose your speed of preferred stream. If you have a slower/basic processor in your unit of choice mostly anything from this source will work. I also LIKE the fact that TRAILERS are mostly included with each film for previewing.

I can't find ANY CONS yet. So far the 3 movies which we watched over this past weekend didn't BUFFER, no issues anywhere.

TwoThumbs up.... or 4.5/5 on the rating...

Thank You

Kimbo
03-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Add-on: Ororo TV
Version: 2.2.1

Pros: TV Shows only, one click viewing, large TV Shows options, very few dead links, up to date TV show episodes
Cons: Not very well organized, could use a better TV listing options

Summary: From the makers of Genesis comes ORORO TV, it is a TV only add-on that does what is supposed to, no glitz, little glory compared to its big brother. If you are looking for TV shows and do not want to keep on trying different sources (servers, hosts) try this one click and you’re watching it

Laser Grade: 3.9 STARS

Kimbo
04-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Add-on: Pearl Jam Live
Type: Music/Video
Repo: Kinkin
Version: 1.0.5

Pros: It’s all Pearl Jam, bootlegs from pretty much all their concerts from 1990, youtube videos, complete concerts and Radio

Cons: Limited to videos of what youtube has, as with all bootlegs some sounds are not clear.

Summary: This add-on delivers to any Pearl Jam Fan, it even has a Pearl Jam radio, I would say 90% of the links work, example 10/31/93 Greek Theater at Berkeley California playing Daughter…Priceless. This is a must have for anyone that likes the PJ genre

Laser Grade: 4.2 STARS

Kimbo
04-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Add-on: Movie4K
Repo: Eleazar
Version: 1.1.0

Pros: Movies, TV shows
Cons: TV listings not up to date, hardly any HD video links

Summary: It works well and does most of what is supposed to, Eleazar is a well-respected programmer an did a good & simple video add-on. Nothing fancy, no movie previews or add-on favorite section. This for me is a nice backup add-on, I hardly use it but I know is nice to know is there if I needed.

Laser Grade: 3.4 STARS

Kimbo
04-21-2015, 03:53 PM
Add-on: Mickey’s Karaoke
Type: Music
Repo: XunityTalk
Version: 4.7.7

Pros: Vast songs, artist list, works well
Cons: Missing some artist, some dead links

Summary: What started has joke about having a Karaoke add-on for me turn out to be a blessing, this music add-on uses Sunfly(very good) and youtube sources to bring you a fun add-on. I was not planning on using it but during a family gathering and the use of some adult beverages (as need in all of family gatherings) this add on came to life in my household. A must have music add-on, give it a try, what you have to lose 

Laser Grade: 4.0 STARS

gazbelfast
07-19-2015, 09:03 AM
Add-on: Ivue TV Guide
Type: TV Guide
Repo:
http://tecbox.tv/repo/instal
Version: 6.0.22

Pros: Epg for kodi
Cons: None

Summary: EPG many addons built in filmon , ftv , stalker , ustvnow , playlist loader and save and channel to favs on kodi then just link to guide

Rating 5.0 STARS

Kimbo
07-19-2015, 01:52 PM
you need to code that link, edit>go advanced>highlight link >hit the #>save

gazbelfast
07-19-2015, 02:04 PM
Sorry , cheers done now

godassassin
05-19-2016, 04:35 AM
Add-on: Ororo TV
Version: 2.2.1

Pros: TV Shows only, one click viewing, large TV Shows options, very few dead links, up to date TV show episodes
Cons: Not very well organized, could use a better TV listing options

Summary: From the makers of Genesis comes ORORO TV, it is a TV only add-on that does what is supposed to, no glitz, little glory compared to its big brother. If you are looking for TV shows and do not want to keep on trying different sources (servers, hosts) try this one click and you’re watching it

Laser Grade: 3.9 STARS

thanks i like this one not having to chose a link is great.