PDA

View Full Version : just click and does not change avov tv online +

Jadaca
02-26-2016, 05:28 PM
after unplugging and plugging my avov tv online + back in. The live tv updates and when i try to move over from web it just makes multiple clicking sounds like it is changing but nothing moves. The weird thing is my T5 dreamlink when i change channels or go through the guide or volume it goes in multiples. for instance channel up moves like 40 to 50 channels at a time. do you think the two are getting interference by something or is just coincidence?

Very odd

Marley
02-26-2016, 07:03 PM
yup sounds like the remote

Deadwood
02-26-2016, 09:11 PM
This kind of problem occurs whenever two or more devices have similar infra red coding or codes that can be read by two different devices. Same kind of thing happens sometimes when you drive down a street and press your remote control garage door opener and a garage door opens. If you want to avoid this kind of problem, keep one device turned off when you use the other or move one device to another room and use it on a different tv or monitor.

Jadaca
02-26-2016, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. When trying either box the other one is turned off. only one on at a time. The weird thing is both boxes are doing it. hmmm. I am going to try in a different part of the house.

Marley
02-26-2016, 09:35 PM
I had same problem because one was to close to the tv if that helps

Jadaca
02-28-2016, 10:15 PM
I figured out why everything was going crazy. There was a button on my avov remote that was stuck down. I took the remote apart and put it back together and it stopped sending out a constant signal. that signal from the avov remote was causing the dreamlink receiver to go crazy.

Just a reminder to everyone. If you want to see if your remote is sending out a signal, use the camera on your cell phone to see if the light is on that sends the signal from the remote to the receiver. Awesome trick to trouble shoot your remotes.