PDA

View Full Version : Updating software operating system

daddyrat50
02-25-2016, 02:28 PM
Can some one please tell me the problem with one of my firesticks. i have 3 firesticks all three purchased different times. two of them updated to software OS 5.0.5 and other one will not update off of OS 54.1.2.3 no matter how many times i try to update. What i like most about 5.0.5 is that it puts Kodi icon right on front in your apps and no more scrolling to settings and manage to get to Kodi.

Alucard
02-26-2016, 09:49 PM
It may be that the one that is not updating is to old and is not supported by the device, just speculating. It is nice to see that they added support to display the side loaded apps. I have been using fire starter so I did not even notice that.

daddyrat50
02-26-2016, 09:58 PM
It may be that the one that is not updating is to old and is not supported by the device, just speculating. It is nice to see that they added support to display the side loaded apps. I have been using fire starter so I did not even notice that. Crazy after a week of trying to get it updated. I turned it on this morning and finally updated,crazy but it did.

tuxen
02-26-2016, 10:15 PM
i'm pretty sure I read that this is the slowest update ever seen, amazon usually updates only a limited number of devices per day (yeah I know its weird). I don't know how they select devices to update, if its calculated by serial number, or mac address, or totally random. if you read on aftvnews or fire tv forums you will see some update pretty much right away while others can not get their devoice to update to 5.0.5, an other again get it overnight (its suddenly there). I think that is what you are seeing. so it will probably get it at some point, as said many are still waiting.

slick6732
03-03-2016, 01:00 AM
Is anyone running stalker nfps out of curiostiy?