PDA

View Full Version : STB emulator VS Kodi /Fire TV2

Willwoc
02-17-2016, 03:15 PM
Hello, I was wondering how the STB emulator works on the Fire TV2 because I'm currently using kodi for iptv but I have to turn off video acceleration in order to work but when it's off the picture looks choppy. Since the serves are down I can't test STB. I'm about to buy a MAG 254. Any suggestions of any other box that I can have all in the same box beside TVOnline box or any other android box that work flawlessly with kodi and iptv stalker.
Thank you.

CjWithDATech
02-18-2016, 02:31 AM
STB emulator is good, but currently you can only use external players because the internal players all have problems. Kodi is the best bet since its the most fluent

Willwoc
02-18-2016, 06:23 PM
STB emulator is good, but currently you can only use external players because the internal players all have problems. Kodi is the best bet since its the most fluent

Thanks for the reply.

Sleepy_Eyez
02-26-2016, 06:25 AM
Why there is no hardware acceleration?

I will receive my fire tv 2 in a few days and trying to find the most wife friendly solution.

From my understanding side load app are all bury within the launcher. Is that the same with STB emulator?

No vod with Stalker client but it works STB emulator right?

What produces the best video quality?

Does VOD output 5.1 or is it all 2 channel?

Sorry with all the questions.

tuxen
02-26-2016, 07:34 AM
yeah that kinda sucks when you compare it to fire tv 1 that plays all content without any problems including interlaced (which might be the problem) so if you can find a cheap used one this outputs excellent quality lol. i like the fire tv, and was looking to upgrade but i hear many problems with video playback of different sorts in kodi. lets hope they fix it over the cycle of updates to the next version (i'm sure they will, but that does not help you now). most boxes should work, amlogic chips has issues too though, mag and avov are guaranteed to output a correct picture, but a little pricey for a android box that cant sideload any app. but that is just mho.
test it with stb emulator and mx player (or another one) first and post the results.

sleepy_eyez: i guess the chipset is rather new to the kodi devs. vod/ppv is stereo files. vod only available in stb emulator.

Gtest413
02-26-2016, 12:08 PM
I bought my firetv2 yesterday and set up stb emulator last night. I have messed around with the kodi pvr and all that and can honestly say the stb emulator is the easiest to use. And it's wife friendly. I was having really bad lag issues on my pvr with kodi and couldn't get it to stop. However, 20 min set up using stb emulator and I was watching tv with no issues.
If you would like a tutorial to set it up, hit me up and I'll help.

tuxen
02-26-2016, 12:17 PM
thanks for the feedback, and yeah its more wife friendly. my gf thinks its another app if I switch skin in kodi.

Sleepy_Eyez
02-26-2016, 01:52 PM
Is the STB emulator app hidden or is it easily visible in the launcher?

This has to be wife friendly.

Gtest413
02-26-2016, 09:53 PM
Good question. It's in "manage applications", however I did see that the new update will pull all "apps" to the main screen on firstick or firetv

tuxen
02-26-2016, 10:03 PM
does fireos5 not show sideloaded apps on the main screen? I am pretty sure I read that on aftvnews coz it was a big thing.

Sleepy_Eyez
02-29-2016, 04:46 AM
I really hope so.. Cause that will be awesome...