PDA

View Full Version : "Exodus for Kodi is Finally Released and Holy Moly, it’s Amazing!"

aCiDjEsUs
02-15-2016, 12:48 PM
Good morning all, just a little heads up about this new addon from Lambada himself.

"It might very well come as a surprise to you that in the middle of the night, while most of you were sleeping (unless you’re in Europe, in which case you were just waking up), the one and only lambda (of Genesis fame) decided the time was finally right to release his latest masterpiece. It is without further delay that we bring you the Exodus addon for Kodi. We’ve been testing Exodus for a while now, and we can definitely say that it’s one of the best addons ever! It is the next generation of multi-scraper addons and you definitely need it immediately."

https://www.tvaddons.ag/exodus/

tuxen
02-15-2016, 01:04 PM
crapholia.. awesome.

if you do not like the addon installer (like me) here is the repository:

https://offshoregit.com/exodus/repository.exodus-1.0.0.zip
it is on fusion too for easy loading.

JoeSshmoe
02-15-2016, 01:47 PM
i'm not a big fan of tvaddons but i do like their addon installer

Autoroam
02-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Added….looks good…a carbon copy of genesis….but hopefully with some backend magic….lambda seems to be a fan of leon uris.

So what do do with genesis now?

Uninstal?

Kimbo
02-15-2016, 02:08 PM
awesome news guys, thank you!!!I already unistalled Genesis myself anyways!!

daddyrat50
02-15-2016, 03:53 PM
I still have Genisis and the spectro fork Genisis and the both still work good for me. I downloaded Exodus and its exactly carbon copy of the both i mentioned with exception you cant add any material to favorites on Exodus tht i can figure out unless you have a trakt account. This app seems redundant to me when the others still working fine for the moment.

Myst Da-Man
02-15-2016, 06:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOtzztS4Unc

Alucard
02-15-2016, 11:25 PM
It has no Library integration so I think I will stick with Salts for now.

psycon
02-16-2016, 12:10 AM
It has no Library integration so I think I will stick with Salts for now.
that jsut killed it for me too

so after initial use... this is basically just genesis with features removed... not sure it lives up to the claim as the best ting since 1channel... maybe.. "the ecxact same thing we did before, only not as good".. did not live up to the hype at all.. very dissapointed.
i mean, still thankful lambda made genesis in the first place, it had a good run. but to rename it, cripple it, and bow out.. thats pretty weak.

dog09
02-16-2016, 02:09 AM
its good for back up, yes there should be at least favorites, probably why trakts there use as favorites

tuxen
02-16-2016, 11:58 AM
yeah did not leave any jaws hanging down to say the least. but ok its v 1.0 lambda was fast to do updates on genesis so it might grow pretty fast.
but as a first release 1channel or salts killer, no not really. nothing much innovative going on, like other say less than the genesis fork at this point with no library integration.

I dont think this is a carbon copy even though much of the code looks the same at the moment. knowing lambda wanted to recode at lot of genesis. when you reflect on the code afterwards its common to find that much could have been done better but the code has become to entangled, so sometimes its better/easier to recode the things you are unhappy with plus the code that 'in the way', especially if you are perfectionistic and mostly code for yourself but share it with other that might be able to use it. so if lambda did this i'm sure we will see all the stuff missing come back when he codes it again and better this time. though some things may be hard to see the code changes for the end user, it might ease hes job updating further versions with better code.

that's my take on it.

Deadwood
02-16-2016, 01:09 PM
I installed and tried the new Exodus using TvAddon and I found it loads, runs and manages movies in 1080P, HD720 and even SD smoother, faster and with fewer fail responses. I do think its a huge improvement especially with a huge increase in scrapers installed /enabled whereas before I only had 2 options with only Alluc installed and enabled. Personally, I see a huge difference in how movies are listed, loaded and played with far fewer failed server loading issues.

tuxen
02-16-2016, 02:55 PM
what I mean, I think the code, resolvers, and all the bits and pieces have been rewritten.
I too notice speed changes, massive amount of 720/1080p sources, more 'channels' and smoother operation. the search function has some bugs though.
just dont think he has come around to write library and favorites functions yet.

EDIT: this should be added to my first impression, after further testing it seems there are some significant changes going on.

daddyrat50
02-16-2016, 03:00 PM
yeah did not leave any jaws hanging down to say the least. but ok its v 1.0 lambda was fast to do updates on genesis so it might grow pretty fast.
but as a first release 1channel or salts killer, no not really. nothing much innovative going on, like other say less than the genesis fork at this point with no library integration.

I dont think this is a carbon copy even though much of the code looks the same at the moment. knowing lambda wanted to recode at lot of genesis. when you reflect on the code afterwards its common to find that much could have been done better but the code has become to entangled, so sometimes its better/easier to recode the things you are unhappy with plus the code that 'in the way', especially if you are perfectionistic and mostly code for yourself but share it with other that might be able to use it. so if lambda did this i'm sure we will see all the stuff missing come back when he codes it again and better this time. though some things may be hard to see the code changes for the end user, it might ease hes job updating further versions with better code.

that's my take on it. On another forum i read yesterday that they would be a update in the coming week for library integration to work.

TheLazyPeon
02-23-2016, 03:14 PM
For the avid consumer as i am,there are many faults to the content.
HD is not really HD in some seeds, i prolly waste more time finding a link to work then actually viewing.
Tv shows are really crap, some seasons are incomplete, some are not in the right placement. just watched episode 2 and went on to find it was the 4th.
but still we can't really argue that much, since it's free :)

theone
02-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Doesn't seem to work very well, most stuff does nothing when you click on it. Try networks but non work.

mikey432
02-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Doesn't seem to work very well, most stuff does nothing when you click on it. Try networks but non work.

Same thing here ran some searches came up with nothing

psycon
02-23-2016, 05:09 PM
yeah, its jsut genesis with a new name and he changed some resolvers, whiih now suck again.. it works better if you play the trololol music in the background

D1st0rt3dM1n
02-23-2016, 07:25 PM
also some of the links are fake and ask you to go here or there to watch the movie, no thanks.

Marley
02-25-2016, 04:45 PM
what its a 5 maybe 4 out of ten

Autoroam
02-25-2016, 05:21 PM
I find the links are of a very high resolution and play almost instantly with no buffering….they recommend to click links that say GVideo.

BTG_Tiger
03-02-2016, 05:16 AM
Doesn't work with trakt either from what i've seen. What other add on's work with Trakt besides Genesis and salts?

Kimbo
03-02-2016, 05:21 AM
Velocity works with trakt!!

Totimoshi
03-06-2016, 08:46 PM
I have used Exodus with Trakt without any issues. Anything I play with Exodus comes up on my trakt account, every list is perfectly synced with Exodus.

BTG_Tiger
03-09-2016, 03:02 AM
I have used Exodus with Trakt without any issues. Anything I play with Exodus comes up on my trakt account, every list is perfectly synced with Exodus.

I guess you are one of the lucky ones, as I have tried everything and its NOT working properly.

jenkins76
03-09-2016, 03:23 AM
All chanels working flawless in Manitoba