PDA

View Full Version : How to enable recording / DVR?

AeroDunky
02-14-2016, 09:26 PM
So I am using the latest stalker client and watching live TV fine. the guide loads no issue.

However, when i try to record something I get an error "The backend does not support timers"

How do I fix this? Is it possible to have a Fire TV (Gen2) act as a DVR?

maxriot1888
02-14-2016, 10:25 PM
you can't

Not possible to record from the service using PVR

sat-junkie
02-16-2016, 06:26 PM
How about looking into a capture card..

Alucard
02-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Since your running an Android box, why not install Kodi. This should almost solve all your recording issues as what ever you want to record is probably available on line or if it is a recent show it will be available shortly without commercials.

wickedjoker
02-16-2016, 06:41 PM
Alucard is 100% correct at least that's how I roll much easier just to watch from Kodi plus its commercial free!

Crellitor
02-16-2016, 06:45 PM
KODI is good.

AeroDunky
03-05-2016, 07:28 PM
So I am running Kodi on my Amazon Fire and PVR Stalker and it works pretty good most of the time. Some days its down but not overly so.

The reason I want to record is to watch live Formula 1 racing. I am a big fan but here in the US some of the start times in Australia and Japan for example are in the middle of the night for me. I'd really like to watch the races first thing next morning otherwise I have to avoid social media and my usual websites to not spoil it for me.

I guess I can look into a capture card. Any other ideas though?