PDA

View Full Version : Can I run IPTV Stalker and pvr Stalker Client at the same time?

matrixebiz
02-08-2016, 02:22 AM
Can I run IPTV Stalker and pvr Stalker Client at the same time? I know I can run them at the same time but will I get banned or something?

dara
02-08-2016, 02:32 AM
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25100000/Do-you-feel-lucky-dirty-harry-25130434-360-270.jpg

matrixebiz
02-08-2016, 02:39 AM
I am not lucky. Does the server know if I'm pulling two streams at the same time?

dara
02-08-2016, 02:48 AM
I am not lucky. Does the server know if I'm pulling two streams at the same time?

They can track IP addresses. It may not be enforced aggressively, but you never know for sure.

mephasor
02-10-2016, 10:49 PM
You can certainly use both at the same time. But there are a couple of drawbacks:

1: Channel numbers will not be taken from the backends
2: EPG will work only for one of them. I think it was ITPV simple client who gets the EPG. Stalker client will not even load the EPG. A limitation on KODI's end.

You could even create multiple IPTV simple clients and use one for each m3u you like, but the same limitations would apply. One gets EPG, the rest is blank.

alamoudim
05-08-2016, 12:00 PM
thanks all, i think i am benefiting from this a lot.

i am planning to go with one of the servers here, it is using stalker in kodi, right? since you do not have a lot of Arabic channels, it would be okay for me to have a membership with you and another one with some Arabic channels provider using stalker, did i understand you correctly?

another point which VOD will be working?

dara
05-08-2016, 12:30 PM
The current IPTV Stalker Plus probably won't work with other servers without modification, and that won't happen. However the built in PVR Stalker should work with other providers that use the Stalker middleware, at least before 5.0. VoD for PVR Stalker isn't currently available, but you can get them with the IPTV Stalker Plus, and PVR Stalker NFPS.

alamoudim
05-08-2016, 01:09 PM
The current IPTV Stalker Plus probably won't work with other servers without modification, and that won't happen. However the built in PVR Stalker should work with other providers that use the Stalker middleware, at least before 5.0. VoD for PVR Stalker isn't currently available, but you can get them with the IPTV Stalker Plus, and PVR Stalker NFPS.

thanks Dara,

so from what you say, if i want to enjoy one of the services here with VoD, i need to stick with either one of the following IPTV Stalker Plus, and PVR Stalker NFPS (only for the VoD purposes). any plan for adding the VoD in the PVR Stalker.

thanks once again

dara
05-08-2016, 04:18 PM
The PVR question is best asked to dvbken

psycon
05-09-2016, 02:31 AM
VoD is already in pvr stalker, it shows them as channels though.

big changes coming soon-ish to it as well
Recording will be possible and vod will be moved to the recordings folders..

tuxen
05-09-2016, 04:57 AM
vod provides a lot more movies and they are presented with metadata in iptvstalker plus as far as i understand. i think that's why.
i have no idea why though as salts, exodus, or genesis specto fork provides more movies, and the few lastest ones are as you say on ppv too.

i would not run both though, they do flag ip address's on certain conditions.

couch potato
05-09-2016, 05:40 AM
cmiiw, afaik, the metada has nothing to do with the total movies count on the server

the differences between this iptv service and the video addon you mentioned are:

- as you said, this iptv service provides (almost) complete data including all the metada (limited)

the other addons only provide the TMDb's id so user can scrape the partial metadata related to a specific movie

- this iptv service collects all the movies on their own server(s)

the others only scrape direct-url from any movie streaming website (yify, primewire, watchfree, etc)
and the movie itself was saved on 3rd-party hosts (gvideo, mediafire, hugefiles, etc)

tuxen
05-09-2016, 06:13 AM
i didn't know you scraped actor info, because that's about the only metadata that are missing.
the reason the addons i mentioned have more or just as many movies is that you can search any movie and it will find it (through imdb likely), when you try to play it it will scrape 34 sites for a source or more of the movie or tv show (the list grows all the time):

the nfps list is fixed, with the addons mentioned you can find just about any strange movie in different quality's, some DTS sound 1080p movies something you wont find on VoD.
i can see the purpose of iptv stalker plus alone the addition of VoD and presenting it the way you do is downright awesome!
but running both that and the pvr addon seems strange to me when you have addons where you can find the movie or tvshow you would like to watch with a simple search. but each to their own. habits grow deep and if you got used to iptvstaker's vod section i understand some do not want to part with it.

psycon
05-09-2016, 06:24 AM
the key difference is.. the servers VOD is static private streams and doesnt rely on the moving targets known as storage lockers the other addons you mention rely on.. its about ease of use and reliability... i use all of those addons too, but often its broken link after broken link.. with the NFPS vod you know its comeing from the same reliable source every time and you dont have to mess around.

metadata is irrelevant.. kodi can scrape whatever metadata you tell it to

tuxen
05-09-2016, 06:35 AM
yes kodi can scrape metadata for anything in the library, but i would never have .strms links in my library though so i could scrape metadata.

and there is lots you cant scrape directly, how would you scrape metadata for the VoD movies for example.
you cant just make 1000 .strm files with the links and put in the library, oh well you can but not automatically without some code, and the way couch potato does it or keeping it in the addon is alot more clean and usable, throwing 1000 links to movies in the library is a freaking mess.

metadata is not a question of just throwing it (3/4 of what you might never watch) in the library and let kodi scrape it.

i bet the users of iptv stalker plus highly enjoy the VoD viewing couch potato made available and it made the addon a lot more popular there is a lot of proof in the threads showing that. so saying its irrelevant is a bit weird.

tuxen
05-09-2016, 08:56 AM
sorry for the edit, condensed things.

psycon
05-09-2016, 04:50 PM
not sure why your implying i said iptv stalker plus is irellevant, i didnt.. i was praising its use compared to exodus/genesis/salts.

as for "you cant just make 1000 .strm files with the links and put in the library".. your right and your wrong on this one.. but it can be done with some outside the box type thinking.. and by can be done, i mean it is already done, just not released yet. and no, its not a mess, it keeps the servers folder structure, has the add dates, all the metadata, works great.