PDA

View Full Version : Firmware update now what?

Stick
03-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Hello,

Im a mag250 owner and I don't know what to do with it, so if annyone could help me a bit i would really be thankful for it.

I have buy the mag250 a year ago along with a subscription for 1year IPTV. So the subsciption ended and I wanted to figure out how things work, I have manage to get rid of the **OTHER SERVER** image, and have learned form here how to update the firmware and image, so I did.

Now I got this update: mag250/release/0.2.18-r10 but after the reboot I get a blue screen with loading, it stucks and then get a black screen with no signal. when I try to turn it on, the screen get black for a couple seconds en dan jumps back to No signal.

What I want to do with the STB is watching IPTV. So If anyone can point me in a direction?

BIO
03-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Do you have the server name in yet?

Bkman2020
03-02-2015, 05:03 PM
Usually that happens when the stb goes to factory defaults.

Bkman2020
03-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Try using composite cables that came with your unit.

Stick
03-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Do you have the server name in yet?
Server name in where? Sorry Im totally new to this I only know how to do a firmware update for now, but Im a fast learner so.. ?

Usually that happens when the stb goes to factory defaults.
Right.. so i have to add a portal or what? I found one, "Stalker"? what do i do with it?

Stick
03-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Try using composite cables that came with your unit.

It came with a HDMI cable, dont have the RGB.

Bkman2020
03-02-2015, 05:21 PM
One step at a time are you getting the outer portal menu?

Stick
03-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Uh sorry, right.. before I had an subscription by a server i can't call the name, so it ended and couldnt watch tv anymore.

So then I wanted to try a few things myself and when I came to portal section I couldnt add or edit, so i needed to remove the image and wanted the factory settings. So I ended up here. I saw a Sticky thread and It worked well, I have first did default settings, and after reading on I saw the update so, I figured out this also.

After that Im lost. The device rebooted and I get a blue screen saying "loading from nand". Then Checking Image comes, and then blue screen saying "Loading..." it stays like that for a minute or so, and then the tv turn to "not supported"

BIOS settings says;

TV System: NTSC (480I)
Graphic Res.: 720x576
Component Out Y-Pr-Pb
Boot Mode: NAND

BIO
03-02-2015, 06:02 PM
If you followed the guide the server name was step #7.

So the tv goes black and displays "not supported"? If so, the tv and box aren't agreeing with the resolution. Try saving the settings as ntsc and the tv system res and see if the tv can see the signal correctly after.

Stick
03-02-2015, 06:13 PM
I don't think we are talking about the same guide? Because the one I had I didn't see anything about server name.

The tv and the box are agreeing with the resolution in bios and while loading, but not after? I tried this BIOS setting and again says not supported?

EDIT;

I have found the RGB kabels, and now it works. How can I get it back to working with HDMI cable?

Marley
03-02-2015, 06:21 PM
TV System: NTSC (480I)
Graphic Res.: 720x576
Component Out Y-Pr-Pb
Boot Mode: NAND
thats wrong setting hdmi wont work on that

Stick
03-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Ive found the component cable, so it works now. I guess this is called the inner portal? Home Media, IPTV Channels? How can I get it back to work with HDMI?

Marley
03-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by folcan99
Plug in the RCA cables to the box and to the TV, change the source to where you plugged the RCA cables on your TV now once you turn on the MAG you have to quickly press the Menu key to get into the bios, no switch the connection to NTSC 1080p and then go down to save and exit with the right error on the remote follow instructions and you should be good to go on the HDMI.

Bkman2020
03-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Boot:nand2

BIO
03-02-2015, 07:21 PM
IDK if I'd go to the next nand right now bk, because if he sets the second up the same way both will be locked out. I would probably def. settings in the bios and set the same nand up again before switching nand if needed.

The guide I referred to before is HERE (http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?780-Mag254-Setup-Guide/)

Marley
03-02-2015, 07:27 PM
all he wants to do is to get hdmi back in 480i now

Stick
03-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by folcan99
Plug in the RCA cables to the box and to the TV, change the source to where you plugged the RCA cables on your TV now once you turn on the MAG you have to quickly press the Menu key to get into the bios, no switch the connection to NTSC 1080p and then go down to save and exit with the right error on the remote follow instructions and you should be good to go on the HDMI.

Mine TV isn't 1080p, I think more 720, its a old Samsung HD-ready not even HD.

Boot:nand2

IDK if I'd go to the next nand right now bk, because if he sets the second up the same way both will be locked out. I would probably def. settings in the bios and set the same nand up again before switching nand if needed.

The guide I referred to before is HERE (http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?780-Mag254-Setup-Guide/)

So we did not had the same guide, but really thank you very much for linking this one. I now have TV, and I understand how things works, only need to find a provider that fits my needs. Thank you

all he wants to do is to get hdmi back in 480i now

Yes that's right, Im using the AV(/RCA)? for mine SAT-reciever. And would like the Mag get back to work with the HDMI

'chasing...
03-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Mine TV isn't 1080p, I think more 720, its a old Samsung HD-ready not even HD.

So we did not had the same guide, but really thank you very much for linking this one. I now have TV, and I understand how things works, only need to find a provider that fits my needs. Thank you

Yes that's right, Im using the AV(/RCA)? for mine SAT-reciever. And would like the Mag get back to work with the HDMI

i think u want to follow post#13 to accomplish that...