PDA

View Full Version : Installing APPs

Canuckgold
01-23-2016, 05:55 AM
I just got my new AVOV TVOnline+ and completed the initial setup OK. Rather than signing up for IPTV service right away I thought I'd first try to add a few APPs which provide free content. To that end I tried to follow a Youtube demo to download a file from the internet to install the APP. I got to the download function on the website and started the download but then there wasn't an intuitive way to access the downloaded file. I tried everything I could think of to no avail. The Youtube demo showed the downloads could be access via a Download App but I couldn't find that either. I'm kinda lost and haven't been able to find any info on the web to proceed so I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. Please.

Thanks,

CG :)

Marley
01-23-2016, 06:05 AM
real ez cant load off website
load the app from channel store get its called tvaddon will get many great moves and tv shows and if i was you load app 1 channel and movie25 if you need help we are all here and i forgot make sure box updates then you know you have channel store and internet wifi you must setup by yourself and read this or watch http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?12696-Tutorial

Canuckgold
01-24-2016, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I thought this was a fully support Android box which would allow downloads and installs. Are we restricted to adding only those apps from the channel store or is there another way to add them? How about Kodi apps? Can we install using a flash drive on a USB port? I already loaded 1 Channel and the latest firmware installed automatically. The resolution of the movies available through 1 Channel is very poor. Is there a higher resolution source? The box connects via WiFi just fine. I also installed Kodi but I get the impression I won't be able to do much with it yet. It would be nice if there was a Sticky to help newbies know just what this box can or can't do. For instance, I can get the mouse pointer up on the screen but the only way I can remove it is a hard reboot. Hitting the mouse button doesn't remove it. Is there another way?

crazed 9.6
01-24-2016, 01:40 AM
there is a way that is being implemented now. What they have done is open up a forum where users go and submit an app request. Then them app requests if approved, will be modified to be added to your Micky Channel Store thru a zip file thru external drive (USB).

Once installed thru USB then it will appear onboard in your Channel Store.
They have thus far have only one available but they are saying that many more will be coming.
Check the recent Sticky thread below..
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?12725-How-to-load-your-own-apk

Some stickies threads found in other avov forum sections here are mostly generic for all avov models (mostly, but not all).
I ran into that mouse function issue awhile back too. I do not remember how I got around that thou.

bdotp
01-24-2016, 04:55 AM
Canuckgold,

Yeah 1Channel from the market does seem to lack HD but its a good quick way to watch. Install the TVAddons Kodi build from the market. For me its was where I usually watched my movies and shows. I am still getting familiar with Kodi so that really opened my eyes to all the popular addons.

If you want you can always start with The fresh copy of Kodi and install builds or configure your own.

As far as the mouse situation I am not sure what's going on there.

crazed 9.6
01-24-2016, 05:08 AM
mouse situation was do do with vixo1 model only.

I had just finished my diagnoses with all the avov models.
Canuckgold is mistaken in his postings.
Kodi issues are all his as well as the rest

Canuckgold
01-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Stay cool. I'm just reporting my experience with my new AVOV TVOnline+ box. I've been running IPTV on a Mag254 for nearly a year and I've been extremely happy with the results. I bought the AVOV for its addon capabilities, especially Kodi, and I've read every post in this section here and spent hours on the web looking for additional information. I'm a computer consultant by profession so I know how to figure out new technology. AVOV should have provided more support out of the box, for instance. I cannot find any literature anywhere, anywhere to explain all the buttons on the remote. So please don't shoot the messenger because you don't like the message. The point I was trying to make in my last post is that a newbie has to really struggle to figure out what can or cannot be done. And how.

So when I continued having problems I decided to start all over from scratch and did a Factory Data Reset, went through the setup and installed Kodi from the Market. This time I didn't have a problem with the mouse. To make the mouse go away you have to hit the mouse button and then hit the up or down button and the mouse disappears. I installed Mobdro using an approved download from MHAddons and it works but the screen formatting is terrible, nowhere near a good as the Kodi version. So I installed Mobdro in Kodi and loved the way it is presented on the screen but it doesn't run. I installed an ITV addon into Kodi but that won't run either. They both give an addon error. Check the log for more information. Where is the log? I was able to successfully add UKTurks Playlist and run it in Kodi. So now I'm wondering why some addons work in Kodi and some don't. Would someone please enlighten me or tell where I can find the information I need.

Thanks,

floder2
01-24-2016, 05:32 PM
Try going here to find answers to Kodi problems............................

tvaddons.ag

Canuckgold
01-24-2016, 07:12 PM
I've added the TVAddons app but the question is, how do we include addons which are not included in the list?

bdotp
01-24-2016, 10:48 PM
You can add new addons through TVAddons(programs) and you can even add more repos to get different addons.

The remote functions are also in the settings section inside the TVOnline+i think its part of the help section on that screen.

Marley
01-25-2016, 01:46 AM
see it apk ones not repo plugin you can load them anytime you want