PDA

View Full Version : ********** no guide

kameleon
01-22-2016, 01:14 AM
I am running openelec (15.2 kodi version) on a revo1600 with the addon from **********. I have been running this for about a month now with varying issues, mostly auth failed and constant buffering. Most of those are cleared up by rebooting the machine or resetting my mac on the papiao.is site and changing it on the box. However since last night I have been unable to pull any guide data. Channels load fine. I have tried clearing data, clearing cache, removing and readding the addon, defaulting settings and setting it back up. All to no avail. I still get a completely empty guide. I read where it may be due to pulling epg data too often to just let it sit a few hours. I left it alone while I was at work today, about 10 hours, and still no go. Any ideas?

Blackbear199
01-22-2016, 02:05 AM
down for a few for abt 1/2 hr.930-10pm est if you happed to try and download during that time.
i did some updates.

kameleon
01-22-2016, 03:19 AM
I have turned the box completely off about 2 hours ago and plan on leaving it off until tomorrow morning just to make sure it isn't constantly trying to update. I will post my findings in the morning.

Blackbear199
01-22-2016, 03:34 AM
btw double check your epg url for typo's.
i use openelec on kodi 15.2 with stalker 0.8.3 from repo or 0.8.4 that i compiled myself and it works fine.

kameleon
01-22-2016, 03:50 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by the url. I followed the instructions and saw nothing about inputting a url. Where do I check it and what should it be?

Blackbear199
01-22-2016, 04:33 AM
u may be using the nfps version? you only ebter you donation number and last 3 sets of your mac?
if so then doubler check you donation number.
i'm refering to the older versions(non nfps builds) where you manually enter full mac,server ip,epg url,ect

psycon
01-22-2016, 04:57 AM
put kodi in debug mode, restart and look in your kodi.log for the word papiao ... then copy and paste that URL to a browser... odds are, it will say invalid donation because you have a typo, or didnt put a donation in at all..

kameleon
01-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Turned the kodi box on after being off all night. Same thing, no guide. No channels in the guide and no data. The channels load in channel view though and come up just fine. So I brought the box to work with me to troubleshoot it some but now I get constant authorization failed. After reading some it appears that may be because different IP address. That is a very flawed system, especially with those that have dhcp addresses that change frequently. Anyways, I will take it back home and test some more tonight.

@psycon, would the channels even load if the donation number was not there? I have double checked everything in the mac and donation and it is 100% correct as far as I can tell. Once I get it back home I will double check the debug.

Blackbear199
01-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Turned the kodi box on after being off all night. Same thing, no guide. No channels in the guide and no data. The channels load in channel view though and come up just fine. So I brought the box to work with me to troubleshoot it some but now I get constant authorization failed. After reading some it appears that may be because different IP address. That is a very flawed system, especially with those that have dhcp addresses that change frequently. Anyways, I will take it back home and test some more tonight.

@psycon, would the channels even load if the donation number was not there? I have double checked everything in the mac and donation and it is 100% correct as far as I can tell. Once I get it back home I will double check the debug.

yes the channels will load.right now the only thing the donation number is used for is to access the epg.after feb 1 it will also be needed to load the channels.
what box are u runnning kodi on?
have you tried the 24hr epg?

update: read ur 1st post and revo1600.searched the specs on it and its 1gb ram?
if so try the 24hr epg as low memory devices sometimes have problems with the 72hr(uses too much ram).
its a know problem(firestick tv has same issue).
we made the 24hr epg(it has show title only,no descriptions) just for these devices.

kameleon
01-22-2016, 03:56 PM
yes the channels will load.right now the only thing the donation number is used for is to access the epg.after feb 1 it will also be needed to load the channels.
what box are u runnning kodi on?
have you tried the 24hr epg?

update: read ur 1st post and revo1600.searched the specs on it and its 1gb ram?
if so try the 24hr epg as low memory devices sometimes have problems with the 72hr(uses too much ram).
its a know problem(firestick tv has same issue).
we made the 24hr epg(it has show title only,no descriptions) just for these devices.

I've upgraded my revo to 4GB ram so that shouldn't be an issue. I have tried the 24 hour one also to no avail. I may just redo the entire install and see what is going on if I can't get anything out of the debug.

psycon
01-22-2016, 06:35 PM
did you check your kodi log yet..

kameleon
01-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Not yet. I am still at work. I should be able to get to it tonight. Up here I can not get it to even connect I'm assuming due to different IP.

kameleon
01-23-2016, 01:12 AM
Ok, finally home and put the box in debug mode. I cat the log and piped to grep for the url. Copied and pasted the exact url into a browser and it starts downloading a guide.xml. It is an 18.7MB file and taking a few minutes to download which it shouldn't as I have 25/10 business class internet. Unless there are any other ideas I may just blow this install away and reload fresh to see what happens. But at this point I am at a loss as to why I have no guide data but the URL works.

Soundwav
01-23-2016, 02:14 AM
Keep updated please! as I am in the exact same boat as you. This entire post has been almost to the letter of my issue. I passed it off as server issues for a bit but now I see I'm not the only one.

kameleon
01-23-2016, 03:43 AM
I can confirm it is not just my install. I just did a fresh install on my windows 8.1 laptop of 15.2 and loaded the ********** addon. Set my donation and mac. Go to TV ---> Guide still blank. Like completely. So it is the same on my openelec box and my laptop. I did shut down my openelec box about 2 hours before installing on my laptop just to make sure there was no overlap. I have tried changing my mac and still no go. Any ideas?

EDIT 1: As some side testing I fired up debug mode on my laptop install and found it was pulling from an **********/auth/....... url so I copied/pasted that into a browser window and it started downloading a guide.xml also. Something is definatley odd here.....

EDIT 2: I did notice that in the kodi window it was still pulling golden....something. I let that be for about 10 minutes and it finally loaded the EPG on my laptop. So maybe there was something wrong with my openelec install and it just takes a long while to download the guide data. Even though it is only like 26MB with my 25/10 I should be able to download it in less than a minute. So again, any ideas?

Blackbear199
01-23-2016, 04:02 AM
its not your internet speed,your not the only one downloading the epg info and you may have to wait...we had to add security,ect as when we had it with no authorization the server was being overloaded with requests.

kameleon
01-23-2016, 04:18 AM
Right, I figured as much. I am just wondering what made it jack up in the first place. It was running fine but then it just quit. I will reinstall openelec tomorrow and see what happens.

kameleon
01-24-2016, 05:05 AM
Fresh install of openelec and the ********** and all is well. Let's hope it continues to work because my wife is threatening to kill me if it keeps messing up!

rhabr
02-04-2016, 09:09 PM
This worked for me on android box
Update Kodi to latest version 16.xx
then go to http://**********/clairvoyance/pvr.stalker.nfps/1.0.3/ download relevant stalker.nfps
Install via zip in Kodi and see if the guide loads now

Marley
02-05-2016, 10:43 PM
everthing working here

Bkman2020
02-06-2016, 01:46 AM
No issues here with the epg on my windows 10 laptop using the latest kodi build.

ilan
02-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Are there issues with the guide at the moment? It loaded fine yesterday, but this morning I'm getting "No information" for all channels.

Blackbear199
02-07-2016, 03:17 PM
what 24 or 72 hr?
i just cleared everything and loaded the 72 hr and its fine.i dont go through papiao auth(i log into server and download the file and load it as local) though so it may be causing issues.

ilan
02-07-2016, 03:41 PM
72 hour - NFPSF3

After first No info, I cleared the data in TV and Guide and reloaded, but still ended up with No info for all channels.

It just zips through loading the guide from client in 5 seconds.

Thanks, Blackbear

==================== EDIT

If I switch to Prefer XMLTV, I get the guide, but that one is always off by an hour.

Blackbear199
02-07-2016, 05:08 PM
ya,the papiao authorization is still down.

ilan
02-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Ok, thought something was up -- or down in this case.

Thanks, Blacbear...

gabby4chat
03-13-2016, 03:57 PM
If off by 1 hour go into the epg update configuration and un-check time offset
then guide will be fine

psycon
03-13-2016, 07:19 PM
this thread talks about a something that isnt used any more. closing.