PDA

View Full Version : Creating Dummy Channels Made Easy

Blackbear199
01-20-2016, 04:52 AM
For those that are running their own grabber i stumbled across something in webgrab that makes adding a dummy channel as simple as it can be.
look in you webgrab folder for a fixed.ini file,if its not there you can download the latest site ini pack from the webgrab site and it will be in the misc folder.
Nothing has to be edited in the fixed.ini file,just has to be in the same folder as you config file like any other ini file.

In you webgrab config file add a dummy channel like this...list as many as you need.(its also documented in the fixed_info.txt file that with the fixed.ini file).

<channel update="f" site="fixed" site_id="00:00-23:59##title:News 12 Connecticut##description:News 12 Connecticut##category:News" xmltv_id="News 12 Connecticut">News 12 Connecticut</channel>
this will result in the below being created in you epg.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<tv generator-info-name="WebGrab+Plus/w MDB &amp; REX Postprocess -- version V1.56.12 -- Jan van Straaten" generator-info-url="http://www.webgrabplus.com">
<channel id="News 12 Connecticut">
<display-name lang="en">News 12 Connecticut</display-name>
</channel>
<programme start="20160120000000 +0000" stop="20160120235900 +0000" channel="News 12 Connecticut">
<title lang="en">News 12 Connecticut</title>
<desc lang="en">News 12 Connecticut.</desc>
<category lang="en">News</category>
</programme>
</tv>

Done.it creates a programme entry for whatever number of days you select in your config file.
No more manually creating dummy channels and running a script to edit start/stop times.

I didnt even know this existed,i happed to find it looking for sources for channels.