PDA

View Full Version : Amazon FireTV stick freezing issue

nib01
01-18-2016, 06:19 AM
I've an Amazon FireTV stick currently running the latest Kodi firmware and very disappointed because of the non-stop freezing every few seconds on almost the channels very unwatchable. I did all the suggested troubleshooting in this forum and other places online but neither of them work.

I've got the highest bandwidth blast speed from my ISP (comcast), and so my AP wireless signal is not an issue, and also FTV stick is sitting right next to AP.

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

buby78
01-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Witch kodi do you have? Are you using just kodi or are you running one of the other builds like, the beast, Spinz-TV, and so on? What trouble shooting did you do?

Alucard
01-18-2016, 02:44 PM
Did you try this http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?8228-Some-Kodi-settings-to-help-with-Live-TV-Buffering?

For Live TV, it not always about speed but also about round trip times. If the time is too long it will freeze as it will have missed a segment and has to re-sync. The above should help with this. If your using satellite internet, you can forget using this services as it will most likely not work. You have 600ms round trip time just round trip to the sat and back plus your normal internet delays. So if the server is slow to respond and your route to the server is also slow then that compounds things and that may be your issue. You could try VPN and change your drop point to see if that helps.

python
01-18-2016, 04:29 PM
easy advance settings for buffering

i have tried a lot of settings ,but i like this one the best for buffering issue...it works on pc and android
open kodi
programs
programs add-ons
get more
easy advance settings
install
exit ..
programs add-ons
easy advance settings
reset all settings
edit settings
network settings
network
cachemembuffer mode
buffermode
read buffer
exit exit exit
write xml file
see if it tell you file created
exit
exit
your finish

nib01
01-20-2016, 05:20 AM
Witch kodi do you have? Are you using just kodi or are you running one of the other builds like, the beast, Spinz-TV, and so on? What trouble shooting did you do?

I am using Kodi 15.2 Git:Oct-15. and PVR IPTV Simple Client.

Troubleshooting: Clearing cachemembuffer, disabling video acceleration, etc.

nib01
01-22-2016, 05:20 PM
easy advance settings for buffering

i have tried a lot of settings ,but i like this one the best for buffering issue...it works on pc and android
open kodi
programs
programs add-ons
get more
easy advance settings
install
exit ..
programs add-ons
easy advance settings
reset all settings
edit settings
network settings
network
cachemembuffer mode
buffermode
read buffer
exit exit exit
write xml file
see if it tell you file created
exit
exit
your finish

I've tried the above settings as well but buffering never go away.

Has anyone been experiencing the same issue?

ilan
01-22-2016, 10:03 PM
To be honest, I've been using a Fire Stick for months. I rarely have buffering issues, and if I do, I see a bunch of other people reporting issues, so it never seems to be just me experiencing the problem. I hope you get it sorted out.

I'm not sure how the Fire Stick handles the latest Kodi builds. I'm running 15.2 and will stick with it as long as I can.