PDA

View Full Version : User name and Password

mbry
01-17-2016, 02:57 AM
Just got a notice that we will need user name and password (Donation number) by Feb 1st.
How do we apply this to our service before the end of the month?

PayPerView
01-17-2016, 03:16 AM
Yeah, I just got that message also. I would imagine you enter the information in the server settings. When you go into server settings and click on "credentials" the box opens up to reveal entries for username and password. I would imagine our username and password would be our Rocket donation number just as it is with our satellite receivers. I think they should have used this option from the beginning instead of this whole mac address and serial number crap.

crazed 9.6
01-17-2016, 03:25 AM
That is exactly correct PayPerView. You will see it explained in the Avov Setup guides too, which I posted a month or so ago.
The Mac address will still be used as well.

With these Avov receivers, you can apply the User and Pass now in the Credentials area and it will work.
It will work with or without Credentials for now, till Feb 1st

mbry
01-17-2016, 12:25 PM
That is exactly correct PayPerView. You will see it explained in the Avov Setup guides too, which I posted a month or so ago.
The Mac address will still be used as well.

With these Avov receivers, you can apply the User and Pass now in the Credentials area and it will work.
It will work with or without Credentials for now, till Feb 1st

Any way you could post a link to Avov setup guide thread, Thanks

mbry
01-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I just got that message also. I would imagine you enter the information in the server settings. When you go into server settings and click on "credentials" the box opens up to reveal entries for username and password. I would imagine our username and password would be our Rocket donation number just as it is with our satellite receivers. I think they should have used this option from the beginning instead of this whole mac address and serial number crap.

After pulling up server settings do I go to edit settings and apply donation number in the credentials? Don't want to screw things up. Thanks

K00lKatT
01-17-2016, 03:28 PM
just as simple as that...

ccmarshal
01-17-2016, 03:48 PM
I go the same message but we where were using a add-on at the time and not using the rocket service. I have already put that information in when I got the box in order to use my rocket. Was this notice sent over the Rocket system or from TVONLINE+.

mbry
01-17-2016, 04:05 PM
I go the same message but we where were using a add-on at the time and not using the rocket service. I have already put that information in when I got the box in order to use my rocket. Was this notice sent over the Rocket system or from TVONLINE+.

I believe system as others have stated they got the message on their Mag boxes also.

Reaper
01-17-2016, 04:23 PM
Is their inst for MAG boxes also ?