PDA

View Full Version : AVOV TVonline+ and analog TV

PONCHO
01-15-2016, 08:44 PM
Hi
I want to let you know the AVOV TVonline+ analog RCA cable does not work with ant older analog tube TV the picture jumps and appears to go to pal I tested this with 4 older TV's I also tested the A/V cable with a HD TV and it worked fine but why would you want to use a analog cable when the TV has HDMI. I also tested the version 1 AVOV TVonline ( White Box ) and it worked with out a problem. I have not tested the AVOV TVonline version 2 or the Fuse but I suspect the Version 2 will also not work. I also started a ticket on this issue and hopefully a Update will fix this issue.

PayPerView
01-15-2016, 09:43 PM
Actually it does work. I have two old CRT TV's (Analog TV's with the big fat back) that only have RCA, S-Video, and coax hook ups. I had trouble with my TV Online + doing the same thing you are talking about and I too complained about it. after playing with it for a bit i got it working. It'll take some patients and skill, but it does work.

What you have to do i hook it up to your HD TV via the HDMI cable first. From the home screen count the number of right button pushes you have to do to get to settings (5), then hit enter (remember, you will be doing all this on a screen where you can't see anything so right down the count combination from the TV you can see the screen from). Now that you are in settings, count the number of right button pushes you have to make to get to display (3), hit enter. If all has gone right so far and you've not over pushed any buttons on the remote then you should be in the display settings now. Now push down 1 time you will be on mode; hit enter. The mode options will come up. Now you will need to remember where the green dot was from when you viewed this on your HDTV and move the up button however many counts that it takes to get to the option "automatically lock"; push enter. If all went right your screen will now pop in on your analog TV and you should be able to see the screen now. select "keep" and you're done.

I know this sounds like a pain in the ass and it is and it should not be this difficult, but it does work. The beauty is, once you do this and move the AVOV back to the HDMI TV and then back to the analog TV you will not have to go through this again. My box retained all info for the analog TV.

PONCHO
01-15-2016, 10:45 PM
Thanks I will give it a try as I been going back and forth with them on this Avov kept telling me it works and sent me a new box and A/V cable They later admitted they were using a HD TV. I am a staff member (CISCO)on another site close to this one.

Marley
01-15-2016, 10:52 PM
yes it work my son is running it on old tv using the a/c cable but all we did was just plug it in and went to tv2 input on tv

sston
01-15-2016, 10:53 PM
Great work PayPerView, you have solved an issue Avov could not explain, even though it is a tedious task just to adjust tv from hdmi to pal.
Good work done.

PONCHO
01-15-2016, 10:56 PM
The TV Online + because the version 1 works fine My Plus keeps going to Pal I am going to try what was posted in post #2 later thanks again.

a-team
01-15-2016, 11:25 PM
Actually it does work. I have two old CRT TV's (Analog TV's with the big fat back) that only have RCA, S-Video, and coax hook ups. I had trouble with my TV Online + doing the same thing you are talking about and I too complained about it. after playing with it for a bit i got it working. It'll take some patients and skill, but it does work.

What you have to do i hook it up to your HD TV via the HDMI cable first. From the home screen count the number of right button pushes you have to do to get to settings (5), then hit enter (remember, you will be doing all this on a screen where you can't see anything so right down the count combination from the TV you can see the screen from). Now that you are in settings, count the number of right button pushes you have to make to get to display (3), hit enter. If all has gone right so far and you've not over pushed any buttons on the remote then you should be in the display settings now. Now push down 1 time you will be on mode; hit enter. The mode options will come up. Now you will need to remember where the green dot was from when you viewed this on your HDTV and move the up button however many counts that it takes to get to the option "automatically lock"; push enter. If all went right your screen will now pop in on your analog TV and you should be able to see the screen now. select "keep" and you're done.

I know this sounds like a pain in the ass and it is and it should not be this difficult, but it does work. The beauty is, once you do this and move the AVOV back to the HDMI TV and then back to the analog TV you will not have to go through this again. My box retained all info for the analog TV.

Yes thank you PayPerView for that. Our team tested on HD TV and old ANALOG TV with our staff that have it at home. It worked in all occasions we tried to replicate the problem. Our team will look much closer into this, most definitely.

PONCHO
01-15-2016, 11:39 PM
Yes thank you PayPerView for that. Our team tested on HD TV and old ANALOG TV with our staff that have it at home. It worked in all occasions we tried to replicate the problem. Our team will look much closer into this, most definitely.

I have two online + boxes I am fixing now and your fix works I have a TV that can see Pal and indeed as I told Avov several times it goes to Pal so Yes this is a problem that Avov I guess did not test correctly Thanks again Pay Per View maby Avov will listen a little better when they hear from a Site staff member with a true problem This would make a good sticky.

crazed 9.6
01-19-2016, 10:32 PM
yes, I copied and stickied PayPerViews post.

This is not something that the avov team would be responsible for. You can not or should not expect the avov team to have posted these directions.
Anyone could figure this out really, and hopefully they would post their results for others, as did PayPerView.
I remember the nFusion and the BorisT bins. It was in PAL mode and it took some figuring but I did get it figured out on how to navigate the menu with there being no picture on the screen. nFusion did not help me with that. And same as the dreambox, that was in PAL mode too and took some navagating to get it out of PAL mode, but we all did.
Dreambox did not help with that either.

Thnx PayPerView once again , post has been copied and stickied :)

Marley
01-19-2016, 11:27 PM
you are so right on that

vampirito
01-20-2016, 04:22 PM
I first checked on my HDTV and the option is already in "automatically lock", do i have to follow the "blind" steps on my analog tv anyway? i ask because i have no image when i connect my avov to the analog tv.

PayPerView
01-21-2016, 04:52 AM
On your HDTV change the setting to something other than automatically lock and save it. Remember how many up pushes you'll need to do to get back to automatically lock and then go through the blind steps on the analog TV. If the automatically lock option is already selected when you plug into your analog TV, then there is nothing to change the settings to that forces the AVOV box to change its settings internally.

Marley
01-21-2016, 07:00 PM
i must be lucky all we did was plug it in and said device 2 on tv and bingo

PayPerView
01-22-2016, 03:07 AM
I was not one of the lucky ones. My TV Online worked just fine, but the Online + just would not give a picture on either of the fat back TV's I have. Trial and error going through the steps I posted got it working.

vampirito
01-22-2016, 06:08 AM
On your HDTV change the setting to something other than automatically lock and save it. Remember how many up pushes you'll need to do to get back to automatically lock and then go through the blind steps on the analog TV. If the automatically lock option is already selected when you plug into your analog TV, then there is nothing to change the settings to that forces the AVOV box to change its settings internally.

Thanks, i'll do that.

PONCHO
03-16-2016, 10:03 PM
Really that is only if you can see the TV because the Box came from the factory in PAL mode for analog TV and most users use HDMI which was working fine but it is good that a user solved the problem for Avov.