PDA

View Full Version : Fire TV/Fire Stick Channel Surf Fix

freeze
02-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Ok guys, it took me a while to figure out how to get the channels from auto selecting while surfing despite all of the suggestions. If you're like me, you probably just stayed away from watching live tv because of the constant crashes and the fact that you couldn't actually scroll through the channel list. I've seen suggestions about going into settings>profiles>test portal(if this is where you set you settings under)>stalker settings>check the box for "play in preview only by OK.

Many have done this with no success. If you did, go through the same process and uncheck "play in preview only by OK" and then exit out completely. i would even recommend relaunching STB. Go back into settings and recheck "play in preview only by OK" and exit completely again and it should work. Trust me, i've got five devices and have had plenty of practice. Hope this helps!!

Oh yeah, for those thinking that they don't have or can't see the stalker settings, you will need hold the scroll up putting and scroll all the way to the top of the menu and then hold the scroll down putting and then the stalker settings will appear. It's like there's a hidden menu that's activated by scrolling all the way up and then back down. Enjoy!!

magnetus26
03-20-2015, 12:11 AM
i dont see the stalker settings. and i tried but cant get it to show in my fire stick. did you try it on a stick or regular fire/. where in the menu should i hold scroll up / scroll down??

Marley
03-20-2015, 03:35 PM
top corner or bottom corner right side

freeze
03-22-2015, 11:45 PM
did you hold and scroll all the way to the top and then hold and scroll all the the way down and then all the way up again and then down to stalker settings? i may have left the up down up and then back down out of the original instructions.

freeze
03-22-2015, 11:45 PM
was that a question for me asft?

Marley
03-23-2015, 06:40 PM
no you already said that