PDA

View Full Version : Genesis News - Jan 11, 2016

whatsup745
01-13-2016, 04:40 AM
UPDATE – 11 January 2016
C&P TVaddons Forum

We know everyone is hungry for news regarding Genesis and we understand why but before we get to the news we have a couple items to discuss:

We continue receiving too many posts about Genesis that do nothing to contribute and more often than not just cause problems. We do our best to minimize exposure to uninvolved members but we can’t catch them all so these problems are often played out publicly for all to see. This obviously makes the community less enjoyable for everyone but it also wastes a lot of the precious time our developers, moderators and other staff members donate. All users need to take care to avoid the same behavior and actions that contributed to the situation we now find ourselves in with Genesis. Please do your part to help us curb the submission of unnecessary or inflammatory posts. If it doesn’t contribute anything to the discussion it probably doesn’t need to be said. Be careful not to reply while your emotions are high, take a little while to calm down and keep in mind that there is often a significant language barrier that can cause misunderstandings. Try not to overreact, especially with those new to the forum.
This post is also written to bring attention to and ultimately help put an end to the growing problem with extremely damaging blog posts, articles and/or videos from uninformed individuals claiming to know ANYTHING about the situation with Genesis just to get hits/clicks/likes on YouTube, Facebook or Twitter. If the information is from anyone other than lambda or someone on TVADDONS staff they have absolutely no ‘inside information’ or special connections that would allow them to do anything but guess. Their only goal is to get hits/clicks/likes for their website or group by pretending to have information others don’t. They do not care that they are causing significant damage to the community, all they care about is getting the next click. It is unfortunate but you will see some examples of the damage caused when we discuss the future of Genesis below. Except for ‘pre-loaded box sellers’, this group of people spreading lies and misinformation for clicks are probably causing more damage to our community than any other.

We will now move on to the Genesis news/update and finally answer the question of whether Genesis will live to see another version or not. We will also help put the things discussed above in perspective and provide some very specific examples of the damage discussed:

Originally lambda planned to release an update to Genesis that would include all the same features it had before along with all the improvements made. It was to include the same abundance of free links it used to have and support several new premium services. Unfortunately, with all of the lies and misinformation being spread by people that care for nothing more but hits/clicks/likes on social media he has decided to put an end to Genesis. He will release a new add-on but it will not be Genesis and it will not have library integration or favourites. These were the most used and most contentious features and he hopes removing them will help limit the new add-ons installed user base. We have discussed this several times already but in addition to removing library integration and favourites he has removed many scrapers and resolvers, specifically the free ones. The new add-on will rely heavily upon premium services like RealDebrid, RPNet, Premiumize.me and Easynews. This is another attempt to control how large the installed userbase gets and a way to eliminate the dependence on free hosters that cause the vast majority of problems with resolution.

psycon
01-13-2016, 08:29 PM
time to switch to salts if you want library integration

Kimbo
01-13-2016, 09:21 PM
I did SALTS and Velocity Addons feeling out the void left by Genesis!!

wickedjoker
01-13-2016, 09:37 PM
Sigh I have to do this but I'm feeling lazy. I did the premium account to to make salts work better.

expatter
01-13-2016, 09:47 PM
I refuse to get another premium account for any addon. SALTS does have all the bells and whistles but when I used it I just got an error and haven't felt like troubleshooting it just yet. 1Channel is good enough for the TV shows and even movies. One has to be careful when installing addons though... A couple of weeks ago when I was checking out new addons every single addon from every repo got installed and had to be uninstalled one by one (ticked me off big time). I also found out that there was a keylogger that got installed by the web browser addon. I have also had addons from time to time that were almost impossible to uninstall.

dara
01-14-2016, 01:58 AM
RIP Genesis

http://bestforkodi.com/rip-genesis-what-does-the-future-hold/

Marley
01-14-2016, 03:48 AM
greg we dont talk about that here please

idontknow
01-18-2016, 06:40 PM
Good alternative to genesis for tv shows is TeeVee

Android Man
01-19-2016, 04:37 PM
For new Kodi addons this site ill post always have the latest and greatest but some lame ones once in awhile. They keep it updated pretty well imo.
Gives you instruction to load new addons but also the addon installer program on Kodi will have some of the newer addons to that are on the site below.

http://tutorial-iptv-xbmc.blogspot.nl/search/label/XBMC

PopNfresh
04-01-2016, 12:10 PM
SALTS all the way... Genesis died with Sega and who doesn't like SALT on the popcorn?

Kimbo
04-01-2016, 01:21 PM
boy, this is an old thread!!LOL