PDA

View Full Version : Kodi and VPN.....any tutorials on how

freetvcan
01-11-2016, 05:44 AM
This is a great site....got Kodi and my paid Rocket going like gang busters....lol...thanks to the tutorials on this site......did it months ago and still no problems.....wondering how to do a VPN as to hide my place/computer/etc if I do some skulking around some of the sites that are somewhat risky???

psycon
01-11-2016, 06:31 AM
the tutorials would be endless ass all boxes and providers are different.. it really depends if your box supports VPN connections natively.. if not, there are also VPN clients that some providers make.. most vpn apps require root in order to work though..

your third option would be to get a router that supports dd-wrt and set it up to always be connected to your vpn, then all devices in your home that connect to that router are protected.

google will have the answers you are looking for. most vpn providers have tutorials on how to get their services working on different devices..

Alucard
01-11-2016, 04:25 PM
If your only concern is the NFPS traffic, I would not suggest using VPN for the entire device but use a separate VPN router and only rout the NFPS IP through the VPN router. That way you can still use your normal internet connection which may be faster for everything else. If you like UK stuff then use a UK drop and route the IK IPs through the VPN router as well to get the UK streaming channels.