PDA

View Full Version : MAG 254 portal loading issues

Devmeister
02-27-2015, 10:18 AM
My MAG254 has been working perfectly for the last 5 weeks, now it has major issues. I have tried everything, rebooted to factory setting and then updated the software and firmware.

The issue is that when it tries to load the inner or outer portal from NAND or NAND 2 if flashes up loading portal and then goes straight to a black screen, if i press settings to the remote i can get o the system settings and then load the embedded portal everything there works, youtube etc, internet, but when i use the external portal black screen appears and nothing else. I'm about to throw the box out of the window, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

BIO
02-27-2015, 03:25 PM
If your portal is loading into a live channel that isn't working at the time it will show a black screen. If that's the case, select ok with your remote to get back to the channel selections.

K00lKatT
02-27-2015, 03:27 PM
you may want to set it to boot to main menu rather than last channel watched...IMO

BIO
02-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Was waiting to see if that was the problem so I could give steps to correct it kool :) Should not get the black screen now because it seems all the channels are working.

K00lKatT
02-27-2015, 03:37 PM
correct, sorry, all workin here..

BIO
02-27-2015, 03:57 PM
You're good kool. I wasn't up this am so don't know for sure if the channels were being worked on or down. It's a good guess though since night seems to be when they do most their work.

Devmeister, leave the bios alone for now too, don't think you need to be in there for this problem. Nand and nand2 are the equivalent of having two hard drives on your pc with different operating systems. Except in the mag both hdds have the same operating systems and the second is a backup. If you set both them up the same way both will do the same thing.

Marley
02-27-2015, 04:18 PM
yea every night or so they work on iks and iptv sometimes just for for mins like a reboot or something

Devmeister
02-28-2015, 11:07 AM
i'm using an external portal in the sever menu. I didnt know about Nand and Nand 2 being the same on the HDD. When i get the black screen i'm not able to use the remote control at all, its seems like a crash state. I can only get it to respond by switching the power off and then back on again.