PDA

View Full Version : "Serial Information is Invalid" and "Bad or Missing Serial Number" errors

Previsible
01-06-2016, 10:13 PM
Hi there,

I purchased a sub through the right methods and I've been trying to set up my IPTV Stalker to work with my iVue TV guide. I went to the correct thread and downloaded the addon for this and attempted to set up using the instructions listed.

I have followed the instructions multiple times, and attempted to get this running properly to no avail. I continually get the errors: "Serial Information is Invalid" and "Bad or Missing Serial Number"

I have just made a backup of my settings and addons and I am debating installing the pvr.stalker.nfps but I'm not sure that will integrate with iVue.

I've tried repeating the steps about 6 or 7 times now, including closing and re-opening kodi, clearing cache, deleting settings in my %appdata% folder (video stalker folder ofc), complete uninstall of the addon including deleting all folders in my %appdata% folders related to the stalker plugin.
The serial number I created is 15 digits long and each device ID is 4 digits long. I've used a new mac address every time and I worry that I am screwing up the system by assigning new macs and attempting to use the serial information which would possibly be registering the information to those mac addresses.

I'm hitting a wall here. When I try to google it all I get are the instructions on how to steal stalker and not how to fix a paid sub.

ilan
01-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Try mimicking this format in terms of the placement of numbers and letters. Of course, change the numbers and letters. Just follow the format. Make sure IPTV Stalker and any PVR's are disabled. Start with a fresh Mac as before.

Serial: 1760631B40872
ID 1: 8345C
ID 2: 4903B
Sig: yuck1357

Previsible
01-07-2016, 12:15 AM
You're the boss!! Thank you so much, this works!

ilan
01-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Good to know. Enjoy!

samosb
01-29-2016, 12:18 PM
hi need some help with invalid or bad serial no.
bought donation, linked mac address and configured ip stalker.

However, getting message of Bad or Invalid serial no. I tried Ilan format and it did not work

Is there a format to assign serial no. and device ID?

Blackbear199
01-29-2016, 12:30 PM
serial is max 13 digit
device id's(both) 6-8 digits
signature 10 digits

some use alfa/numeric but sometimes have problems like yourself.
i use all numbers and above lenghts and never a problem.
serial must be 13 digits if recall right,other i dunno exact max lenght.

ilan
01-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Make sure you are starting with a fresh, new MAC when you use the configuration format. If you try with an existing MAC, it will fail.

samosb
01-29-2016, 06:53 PM
thanks. with your help i got it to work. much appreciated

ilan
01-29-2016, 09:54 PM
Glad it's working. Enjoy!