PDA

View Full Version : Removing Parental Control

keegster17
01-05-2016, 02:02 PM
How do you remove parental control on this unit?

addicted
02-04-2016, 02:42 AM
Hello, oddly enough, I'm also now receiving this request through kodi to enter my "parental control" pin number when I go to my pvr service under general and select to clear data. I get this popup that asks for my parental control pin. Same thing happens if I try to enter the parental control area.

Driving me crazy, this is a brand new fresh install using Kodi v16.0 “Jarvis” Release Candidate 2 on my fire tv box. I then installed the clairvoyance script as suggested on this forum and shortly after I keep getting this parental control issue. I had this problem shortly after setting up this new install here yesterday and ended up uninstalling kod and reinstalling again along with the clairvoyance addon.

The trouble is that I never even setup any parental pin on the box so this should not even exist. Interestingly last night after I uninstalled and reinstalled kodi along with the clairvoyance addon there was no parental pin setup. I was able to log onto parental area without being asked for any pin as it was disabled and I was also able to clear the data if necessary.

Today I logged onto my freshly installed kodi setup and noticed that darn parental control pin request was back again. Is this some sort of a glitch? Any experienced any troubles like this or know how to remove or fix this up?

Thanks for any help with this.

addicted
02-04-2016, 04:37 AM
Alright, I figured it out and thought I post back my findings in the event somebody else encounters this. I was reading another thread were it mentions using the code "0000".

I tried that out and indeed it worked. This was after my third uninstall and reinstall of it all. Gez. In any event, sure is nice to have found the answer to my troubles. Hope this will help someone else.

I like to add, I never added any pass code myself. Seems as if this was some default setup that was included without me being aware. Drove me crazy. There it is. Cheers.. :)

Marley
02-04-2016, 05:48 AM
yup 0000 is the default