PDA

View Full Version : We are happy to announce a new public release, V2.5.55, of the 1Channel/PrimeWire Add

Kimbo
02-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Major New Features:

The ablility to browse, manage, and play media from public and private PrimeWire playlists, including using a private playlist as your TV subscription list (See Change Log for details).
The ability to specify each subscription item should only be run on certain days of the week.
Ability to backup & restore the 1Channel DB.

Updating:
If you already have tknorris's release repository installed, then the update should happen automatically. If not, you can install that repository to install this (and future) public releases of the 1Channel/PrimeWire Addon.

Missing Themes/Icons?
One major change in this release is we have split the addon themes (i.e. pretty menu pictures) out into a separate addon called 1Channel Themepak. This has reduced the size of the update package by over 93%. This should cut down dramatically on the update issues people get during a new release. However, the consequence is the 1Channel.Themepak addon needs to be installed separately if you want to be able to see the menu icons for your chosen theme in the addon. The Themepak can be installed in two ways:

1. If you have tknorris's release repository installed, then from the main XBMC Menu, Go to System->Add Ons->Get Add-ons->All Add-ons->Program Add-ons->1Channel Themepak->Install
2. If you already have the tvaddon's "Addon Installer Adddon" installed, then you can select the "Install 1Channel Themes/Icons" menu item on the main menu of the 1Channel addon itself.

Regardless of which way you install the themepak addon, once it's installed you should see the icons again and be able to change your active theme in the 1Channel settings.
***Please note, that the themepak has NO EFFECT on the pictures and backgrounds that show up for Movies and TV Shows.***

Version 2.5.64
Various bug fixes when metadata is off
- Add Firestorm Theme
- Fix urls that start with //
- Set playlists to default view
- Fix playlist images
- Fix url update to work on all versions of sqlite
- Add new filter for promo hosts
- Fix new PW urls to match old ones
- Improve host header parsing
- Added PW Schedule to TV Section
- Removed PREPARE_ZIP from metahandlers
- Allow more chars into filename
- Fix User Agent string
- Make season.contents a blob
- Fix set default view
- Fix login for pw site changes
- Fix utf-8 in pages with mysql

Detailed Change Log:
Version 2.5.55
- Fix browse by genre defaulting to alphabetic
- add dialog background to project
- Add better algorithm to get DBID (thanks jhavens)
- Fix script error on empty searches
- Make empty searches cancel search
- Update code for season page change
- Add optional axel downloader import
- Improve unicode conversions for PW site to avoid occasional errors

Version 2.5.2
Major
Added PW playlists functionality:
- ***Note: Personal playlists are only available when Website Integration is turned on***
- Browse public & personal playlists
- Play media from public & personal playlists
- Add and Remove items from personal playlists
- Specify a personal PW playlist as the source for subscriptions
Rewrote subscription days function to be more usable and actually provide a meaningful function (i.e. the days of the week a subscription should be run on)
Add a performance option to allow users to selectively paginate most result sets.
Added ability to export and import the onechannel db to and from a csv file.
Added function to schedule a db export to serve as a scheduled onechannel DB backup
Rewrote the DB upgrade code such that db's on each addon version should be more consistent.
Added function to browse and set PW's watched list
Added function to browse and set PW's ToWatch list
Added option for the ToWatch list to serve as a movie subscription list (i.e. added to the user's library)
Added a context menu option on playable items to manually select a source when auto-play is turned on.
Added EXPERIMENTAL support for Axel Download Accelerator.
Moved themes to separate addon to reduce size of main addon (was 4.3MB; now 300K)

Minor
Added ability to add most menu items to XBMC's favorites.
More code unification/refactors to make the addon easier to maintain.
Unified startup and scheduled task function to allow code sharing between all scheduled tasks
Allow user to specify their first day of the week for schedule days presentation
Dynamically pull genres from PW site (at most once every 24 hours)
Replaced query parsing and massive if/elif statement with generic plugin url dispatcher
Fixed PlayTrailer if trailer is using YouTube
Add settings function to delete & recreate DB to make it easier for some people

Last edited by tknorris; 03-07-2015.

dara
02-26-2015, 10:24 PM
I looked, and I'm already on 2.5.63. I don't use 1channel all that often, but it had some struggles a few weeks ago, and now the main developer is tknorris... make sure you find and install his repository to get the most recent updates.

Kimbo
02-26-2015, 10:34 PM
I was looking for 2.5.63, I have TKnorris repository and their site and I could not find anything on it. wild!!! the above post was done by Tknorris today so I guess 2.2.55 still running.

dara
02-27-2015, 12:07 AM
Weird. tknorris also had a different development repository, but on his release repository he has 2.5.55 . Maybe they retreated.

Kimbo
03-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Version 2.5.64
Various bug fixes when metadata is off
- Add Firestorm Theme
- Fix urls that start with //
- Set playlists to default view
- Fix playlist images
- Fix url update to work on all versions of sqlite
- Add new filter for promo hosts
- Fix new PW urls to match old ones
- Improve host header parsing