PDA

View Full Version : Stalker Middleware Setup Questions

eyckzo
12-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Hi there!

My name is Jeff. I didn't know where to post this.

Here goes. I want to setup my own Middleware Stalker servers so that I can provide IPTV to other devices in my house or when I am out... I've been looking at this one:
http://www.infomir.eu/eng/solutions/free-middleware-stalker/ -- I understand setting up the server and everything, but the thing I don't understand is where do I get the channels from? Like IPTV66 or NFPS, how do they have 800+ channels? How would I get all of them into my Middleware server? I have Verizon Fios now. Could I somehow grab all of the channels at once from that? Or I notice all of the IPTV servers say Dish. If I get Dish Networks can I grab all of the channels from that?

Need some help! :)

Thanks

whatsup745
12-25-2015, 06:59 PM
Economically to setup a personal home server you would want to find the sources for channels online.
To use Dish or a cableTv service you would have to have a Tuner/converter set for each channel.
If off-air is used you could use a tuner program on a computer card however but for any channels that require unencrypting/decoding would require an appropriate box and would only do one channel each box.

dara
12-25-2015, 07:08 PM
The service either uses other linked sources, or creates the streams themselves. That requires a lot of connections, and hardware. Before you ask, the service doesn't readily provide the stream sources, and you may be able to capture some of the public ones, through sniffers, the ones created by the service have tokens that expire the streams to individuals when they multicast. To be honest, you shouldn't even step into this, for more than technical reasons.

tuxen
12-26-2015, 12:23 AM
when you found those links either from Verizon whatever it is or on the net create a m3u file and share that amongst your friends, much easier.
if you have a tuner on a server add another frontend pvr that matches, you can create a link to the transport stream too but then your friends will have to watch whatever channel you are watching.

but as said messing with links and tokens is a nightmare, and using a provider backend is going a bit overboard, unless you have a very good server and as many tuners as no. of your channels, and a lot of bandwidth.. :) and maybe a lot of friends to help the cost of it all.

there are many many other solutions that are so much easier/cheaper to deal with.. psst nfps

eyckzo
12-26-2015, 04:12 AM
Oh wow. That's a lot...

Thanks a bunch for all the help. I thought there was a way to pull all the channels at once from like Dish or something. I didn't realize that services like NFPS have like 800 cable boxes or something or grabbing streams from all over. Damn.

-Jeff

ShootAKite
12-26-2015, 08:55 PM
What are the Barriers To Entry in building a new private IPTV service? I could easily scale and administer to have the necessary network capacity and node redundancy to deal with the event of node failure/takedown. So it would appear the primary barrier to entry for most new private IPTV service providers is in raising the start-up capital to purchase video feeds. But this isn't really a high barrier to entry since if you were streaming 100 channels at $20/month per channel it would only take 240 IPTV subscribers paying $100/yr to break even.

Are the three IPTV private service providers using something like azhurb's 'stalker_portal' [1]?

Are three IPTV private service providers somehow related to one company? It appears that iptvprivateserver.is, iptvrocket.is, iks66.com, and iptv.tv use the same html code base and also have the same payment processors?

https://github.com/azhurb/stalker_portal/

dara
12-26-2015, 09:13 PM
It would be much easier to take your 'bought' feeds and create an add-on to Kodi to display those feeds, and ask for 'donations' to keep it going. The real barrier to entry is the creation of in-house or private feeds, and maintaining those, and hosting them in a 'secure' location.

For the answer to your question, there are other IPTV services but we don't discuss them. The three are related, you'll have to do your own research because their security is paramount in this hobby.

ShootAKite
12-27-2015, 06:05 PM
The real barrier to entry is the creation of in-house or private feeds, and maintaining those, and hosting them in a 'secure' location.

This seems like a very cool barrier since it is high enough to keep competition at bay but low enough to break-even relatively quickly. It would take someone who understands how to point satellites, hook up a multi-switches, low latency multi-hopping to secure a high-bandwidth stream, redundant of data-centers to stream to the kodi addons, etc.

This is very cool!

psycon
12-27-2015, 08:44 PM
if you jsut want to be able to watch TV all over your house, and out and about, why not just buy a bunch of NFPS donations and devices to go along with them.

dara
12-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Or build a legitimate reselling business, using secure payment methods that are mole-proof.

ShootAKite
01-03-2016, 01:28 AM
There would be no need for a new providor if the existing IPTV service providers could improve reliability. Based on a post made on 12-09-2015 it would appear this reliability problem is being caused by unpaid users streaming from their servers. So I'm really hoping the new authentication methods added to pvr.stalker.nfps close this issue!