PDA

View Full Version : Lost Live tv on Kodi

worrell1
02-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Recently i was doing some configuration on xbmc but accidentally lost Live tv on the menu bar, I,ve try to enable it in the live tv section where one would normally enable it but it cannot be enable, so if anyone has ever encounterd such problems could u state how do get back live tv. As it now stand i cannot watch live ip tv. Thanks for your assistance.

fireman
02-27-2015, 05:27 AM
Try changing MAC address in the TV plugin configuration. Someone might of happened on the one you were using.

UPDATE -- This has happen to me now too. Did a uninstall of old Kodi, installed new Kodi and the Stalker PVR Plugin. No luck. No little window at top update channels and turning on the TV icon.
Do know a issue with Window Kodi. Have Kodi and Stalker pvr on my Samsung Andriod tablet and still works correctly. Hopefully DVBKen is out there listening .....

xayoz
02-27-2015, 12:49 PM
disable stalker and live tv, factory set all live tv settingse, restart kodi, enable live tv and stalker, good to go

fireman
02-28-2015, 02:56 AM
Tried that just now. No change, no TV. Android still good. Windows not.

DarkSide
02-28-2015, 02:58 AM
are you using the default skin? if not, change to the default skin

floder2
02-28-2015, 03:08 AM
just checked my Kodi on Windows 7 ........Working fine..........It Loaded the channels and there is the "TV" Menu

floder2
02-28-2015, 03:13 AM
You might want to uninstall Kodi and install a newer version.fixes some problems with Windows......

"Kodi 14.2 Helix beta 1"
Fixes so far

* Fix: Application stopped responding on Windows
* Fix: Gap-less playback on MP3
* Fix: Playback of rtmp protocol
* Fix: Scanning of newly added episodes
* Fix: Fix multipath source scanning
* Fix: Loading external subtitles in some cases
* Fix: packaging of PIL module on Android. This fixes some script error when using weather add-on
* Fix: Fix video playback on all platform after refresh rate change
* Fix: Various bugs that were present in PVR add-ons.
* Feature: Bump OSX SDK to 10.10

fireman
02-28-2015, 05:52 AM
Fixed. Wiped Kodi older version out through Control Panel and uninstall. MUST CHECK the box that says DELETE PROFILE. After that simple install of new Kodi, Stalker plugin, enable TV, enable Stalker pvr plugin and configure for MAC and NFPS address.

Think it was the skin. I had installed a new one, then delete, old one never worked like before.
Thanks to all for help. Watching BBC America and Star Trek in upper Thailand and lovin it.
Moral to the story ... Stick with the Default skin if watching NFPS IPTV.

expatter
02-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Try changing MAC address in the TV plugin configuration. Someone might of happened on the one you were using.

UPDATE -- This has happen to me now too. Did a uninstall of old Kodi, installed new Kodi and the Stalker PVR Plugin. No luck. No little window at top update channels and turning on the TV icon.
Do know a issue with Window Kodi. Have Kodi and Stalker pvr on my Samsung Andriod tablet and still works correctly. Hopefully DVBKen is out there listening .....

Geez! I've been goin round and round with this for 2 days. The problem exhibited on 2 separate windows boxes; 1 32 bit and the other 64 bit (Kodi 14.1). When I first updated to Kodi months back the same thing happened so I reinstalled XBMC 13.2 since it worked so well.

After reading the threads in entirety 3 times I finally bit the bullet and uninstalled KODI on one box and then reinstalled. I still had the same problem. It turns out that once I tweaked the MAC and used the last 4 hex bits and rebooted the TV option was finally there. All channels but CNN seem to work just fine. (dang!) Then I moved the appdata folders back and restored everything.

Since this worked on one box I just went to my 64 bit one and changed the last 4 of the MAC and didn't even have to reboot - it imported the channels and they played!

So for others that have this problem I would suggest rather than spending 12 hours like I did and completely wiping the machine and reinstalling...DOUBLE CHECK THE MAC SETTINGS! I can't tell you how many times I enabled/disabled/rebooted these danged things trying to get this to work.

I know that 'reading is a powerful tool' but I just couldn't 'see' that I was not adequately changing the MAC address.

So thanks to everyone who posted (over and over again) the helpful suggestions. I'm officially a moron............

expatter
03-13-2015, 05:26 AM
Here's an update a month on: My 64 bit windows box is still fine while my much older Dell XPS with only 2 gigs of memory and a graphics cards that I've had to bake back to life 3 times already in 8 years (thanks, YouTube!) is having issues. The card probably needs to be baked and fresh thermal paste again since it's had BSOD several times lately and it seems like a few dead pixels when I first go into KODI. But I'm going to wear this thing into the ground before I spend any $$ on a new lappie. When I select a channel to watch all I get now is a spinning circle in the lower right corner. I'm guessing someone picked the same MAC could be what's going on with this one, too. Will try a few changes and then I'm just planning on getting a Mag 254 from a local dealer anyway. I've read several write ups from people who are very happy with them and they are genuine, not clones. And since they are right here in Montreal that makes me feel a bit better but they're only a little over $100 CAD. So it's a good thing to have. They also have quad core Android boxes for the same price so might also go that route since I don't have access to a Fire TV without extra import fees.