PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Simone0414
12-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Hello. I am new to this forum & to the Android/kodi world & have a few questions.

I have the MXQ Amlogic S805 Quad core with 1G of ram. Is this a good box? I have read I probably should have bought one with 2G.

A few issues I am having which may be because of the box I have or my internet connection speed or perhaps I just need to set my box up better.

I usually use Genesis when I am watching movies or shows. For the most part it works good but sometimes the show is very slow to load. Also the picture quality of some is very poor.

Live TV I use Phoenix. Is this the best Add-on for live TV? Alot of the channels listed will not work. Is there something I need to do there? Also the picture quality of some are really poor. Is there a way to download some kind of guide for the live channels. I see lots of videos on you tube that claim to have add-ons with guides but I cannot get any of them to work.

Thanks for any help/

sat-junkie
12-21-2015, 07:21 PM
The MXV box i have has 1 gig of ram.What i did was flash openelec onto it and wow what a difference on how fast content loads..There is nothing you can do about bad quality sources in phoenix

Openelec is Kodi but it's a standalone linux distro that you can flash onto your box which is a linux box..once you do this you DON'T have an android os on the box anymore..you can easily flash it back if you want to check out custom firmware other people have made or the factory rom,, there is so much you can tinker with on these boxes.. have fun and google on!