PDA

View Full Version : Fuse question and issues

racl
12-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Hi all, I've had my Fuse for about 2 weeks now and over all I like it. I have a MAG254 and it has a couple of features that the Fuse doesn't have or I don't know how to get those features to work on the Fuse.

1. When scrolling down the list of channels, the MAG254 displays pages (ex. 1 of 64). The Fuse has pages in VOD section but not while in the channel list.

2. The MAG254 has a complete channel guide. What I mean by complete channel guide is that if you press the "Info" button while in channel list mode, you get a guide that displays about 10 channels along with the programming. I love this feature. It is so easy to scroll through your list of channels and see the programming. Plus it helps that the MAG254 has page up and page down capabilities and the Fuse does not.

Issues:

1. After setting up TVOnline and Kodi (a few hours because I like to choose my own fanart) I was no longer able to connect via ethernet. I could not for the life of me get an IP address. Wireless worked but not ethernet. I rebooted Fuse, router, modem and nothing worked. I even tried different cable and port. No luck. So I had no choice but to do a factory reset. That seemed to fix the problem. Ethernet works now. Hopefully the problem won't reoccur.

2. I have about 400 movies on a NAS and they are all blu-ray rips to MKV. They are on average 25GB in size. When I try to play in Kodi they are unwatchable. I get continuous buffering every minute or so. I have Kodi setup on a GBOX MX2 and Minux Z64 and they have no issues playing these files. I also have some old home movies that I had converted from VCR tapes to MKV and again I constantly get buffering.

Hopefully issue #1 was an isolated case and won't happen again. But for issue #2, is there anyone that can help me with the buffering problem?

Cheers and happy holidays!!!
Racl

Marley
12-19-2015, 07:54 PM
1.they fix static
2. play in media

racl
12-20-2015, 04:31 AM
I can't play in media, my NAS is part of my home network and media is for usb connection.