PDA

View Full Version : Misc Folder filling up space on my box

Niteman
02-24-2015, 06:15 AM
I have an issue with my android tv box which I have never had with any other TV boxes. It seems that the MISC folder keeps filling up and I cannot figure out how to clear it. The only way I can get rid of it is by deleting Kodi and re-installing and its good again fro a bit until it refills back up. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks and I look forward from hearing from all of you.

Nite

BIO
02-24-2015, 08:24 AM
Temp folder should clear out space by itself when needed. Is it causing a problem or just something you noticed?

Niteman
02-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Temp folder should clear out space by itself when needed. Is it causing a problem or just something you noticed?

I have never noticed but I will keep you updated. It has went from 1.6 Gigs to 2.3 Gigs in space used.

Niteman
02-26-2015, 04:25 PM
Folder does not clear itself and I have tried everything. I wish there was a way I could delete it as its rather annoying now I have to redo the whole box again.

Marley
02-26-2015, 08:18 PM
no just go to setup under app will see folder or kodi and delete what you want

Niteman
02-26-2015, 08:41 PM
no just go to setup under app will see folder or kodi and delete what you want

I further investigated and it appears all that memory is being used by Kodi which I don't have the issue with any of my other boxes. Is there a possibility that this is caused by adding favorites or marking videos as watched? Any more help or hints would be appreciated. ASFT I have tried you you told me with no luck.

Niteman
02-27-2015, 07:07 PM
I will try clean master from the google store and go from there. Sorry about the other thread also.

Niteman
02-27-2015, 08:07 PM
I will try clean master from the google store and go from there. Sorry about the other thread also.

I have tried clean master. Thanks for the help this worked and deleted 6 gigs of files in the misc folder.

dishgawd
11-08-2015, 12:20 AM
I know this thread is old but when I searched for the same problem I read this and tried all the suggestions to no avail. I investigated further and realized that any video download goes into MISC 'folder'. I installed ES File Explorer/manager and was able to cut/paste or just delete these files to my USB/SD card. Now I watch my storage periodically to make sure it doesn't fill up again as the box will be difficult to navigate if memory is full. Hope this helps the next person.