PDA

View Full Version : Media LAN files

vampirito
12-14-2015, 08:40 PM
Is there any way how to play my computer's downloaded media with this box over LAN? i have done it with the MAG254 but with this one it only gives me the option to use USB or TIF cards. Have tried VLC but didn't know how to configure it. Have anyone be able to use it like that?

SebsiBC
12-14-2015, 11:56 PM
You may be able to enter the path+filename of where the file exists on your lan in vlc's "opeb file" dialog, however since there is no way to get your avov to join a home group I'm not sure if it'll work. Probably not, I'm guessing, but I've been wrong before.

tbird686
12-15-2015, 12:05 AM
i run my nas threw the kodi

i found the how to on the google

thats the only way i know so far

vampirito
12-15-2015, 03:47 PM
i run my nas threw the kodi

i found the how to on the google

thats the only way i know so far

Ok, let me see what i can find to make it work through Kodi then. Thanks

Marley
12-15-2015, 05:25 PM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.kore

vampirito
12-16-2015, 05:38 AM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.kore

Thanks asft.. but i'm looking how to play my downloaded movies from my laptop with my avov tvonline+ via LAN connection.

GCOOP
12-16-2015, 09:50 AM
NO!! you don't need kodi to play your computer lan media... first make sure you have media sharing enabled in your windows computer network settings...
also movies you want to watch need to be in the video folder on the windows computer... now go to main settings on the avov and click on airplay&dlna... then click
on dlna_dmp and it will then show your computers on the lan network.. go to the video folder and watch...

Alucard
12-16-2015, 12:23 PM
If this is only a temp setup then what gcoop stated should work. But if you plan on building a library of TV shows and movies then you will want to use Kodi for the best experience.

vampirito
12-16-2015, 04:35 PM
NO!! you don't need kodi to play your computer lan media... first make sure you have media sharing enabled in your windows computer network settings...
also movies you want to watch need to be in the video folder on the windows computer... now go to main settings on the avov and click on airplay&dlna... then click
on dlna_dmp and it will then show your computers on the lan network.. go to the video folder and watch...

Ok, let me see if copying my downloaded movies to the Video folder will show. Actually in dlna_dmp it showed my pc name but it said empty folder. I'll try what you say later on. Thanks

If this is only a temp setup then what gcoop stated should work. But if you plan on building a library of TV shows and movies then you will want to use Kodi for the best experience.

Thanks, i have many movies on my laptop that i normally download from time to time and save it there until i have free weekend, after watched i just delete them.

GCOOP
12-16-2015, 05:56 PM
you can have as many movies as your hard drive has room for.. this is NOT a temp setup.. this is one of the features the avov can do..
I have a 2tb hard drive on my pc and have many movies in my video folder and the avov sees them ALL!! I even get full concerts from youtube
and convert to mkv format and download to my video folder and also watch them with the avov...

Quailman
12-16-2015, 06:52 PM
Try using DLNA and plex media server.

tbird686
12-17-2015, 01:22 AM

i'm trying that too and it does not see my nas

i have a dlink small server thing

i know in the kodi it had the issue too but i had to go to a spot to enter my password

this does not even see it

vampirito
12-17-2015, 06:06 AM
I got to see my stuff doing what GCOOP said but don't like it because that process is managed through windows media player (which sucks).. also my MKV movies and folders are not shown (so i can't play them) and i can't set subtitles or secondary audio on any movie (not options at all! only play, ff, rw and exit that's like an old VHS :(). On my other Mag box i can see what ever i share on my network, play any movie file, set subtitles and secondary audio on those files.. would be nice if AVOV could make it easier to do the same as mags without the DLNA thing. Does anyone know other method to do it?

vampirito
12-22-2015, 06:34 AM
UPDATE.

I got it working very well now with Kodi 15.2 and without the DLNA stuff (i hate Windows Media Player) :). If anyone would like to know, i set proper sharing permitions, sharing a movies folder i have called 'Peliculas' to 'everyone' and with password protection, of course i turned off the homegroup option because that option is only for Windows 7 machines. Then in kodi, go to Videos -> Files -> add videos ->browse -> Windows Network (SMB), my PC appeared there, added my movies folder and set the User and Password. It will ask if you want to get information from internet of media you have, i selected 'movies' to get info from my movies, and then in the main manu of Kodi it appears a new tab called "movies" showing my movies and correct information. At the beginning the 1080p movies were playing like slow with stuttering so i changed some video settings to get it smoother: settings -> Videos -> playback -> 'adjust display refresh rate to: Always', then on Acceleration i disabled amcodec and ENABLED libstagfright and MediaCodec. Restarted kodi and now videos over my Local Area Network are playing perfect. Hope this helps.

dinkish
12-22-2015, 04:28 PM
UPDATE.

I got it working very well now with Kodi 15.2 and without the DLNA stuff (i hate Windows Media Player) :). If anyone would like to know, i set proper sharing permitions, sharing a movies folder i have called 'Peliculas' to 'everyone' and with password protection, of course i turned off the homegroup option because that option is only for Windows 7 machines. Then in kodi, go to Videos -> Files -> add videos ->browse -> Windows Network (SMB), my PC appeared there, added my movies folder and set the User and Password. It will ask if you want to get information from internet of media you have, i selected 'movies' to get info from my movies, and then in the main manu of Kodi it appears a new tab called "movies" showing my movies and correct information. At the beginning the 1080p movies were playing like slow with stuttering so i changed some video settings to get it smoother: settings -> Videos -> playback -> 'adjust display refresh rate to: Always', then on Acceleration i disabled amcodec and ENABLED libstagfright and MediaCodec. Restarted kodi and now videos over my Local Area Network are playing perfect. Hope this helps.

Glad you got it, i was going to mention why that one gent told you to go through Kodi, besides metadata, but looks like you've discovered it on your own, and have everything set up.

Nice work, and thanks for sharing for others. Cheers!