PDA

View Full Version : Live TV Video freezing? is there a fix for this?

AeroDunky
12-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Hey guys I have an Amazon Fire TV (box) and really like it. I wanted to try out kodi on it and IPTV and to start with i really liked it using i4atv but I got fed up with it going up and down and updates etc. So i bought a legit MAC and have been using it using IPTV Stalker. However in both I4ATV and IPTV Stalker about half the channels will start fine but 1-2 seconds into viewing the video frame freezes and the audio continues along fine. The next time you do anything in kodi it crashes and ur at the home screen of the Amazon fire.

I have done factory resets, install, uninstall, reinstall etc everything I can think to try and fix this to no avail. Ive also searched many other forums for an answer to no avail. So I am looking for someone who can help. Any leads I can run down are very appreciated!

Thanks

tonyintn
12-12-2015, 08:38 PM
I take it you have the latest Amazon tv 2nd version. There is a incompatibility issue with the acceleration. Go under settings then video make sure you have expert selected at the top then under acceleration make sure to turn off any hardware acceleration.
That will fix your freezing issue.

This problem only exist for the 2nd version of the Amazon tv the 1st version hardware acceleration works fine.

AeroDunky
12-12-2015, 11:22 PM
Hey thanks for the info. Is this a setting in kodi or the Fire?

Edit...
Found it. Its in Kodi.
Awesome!!! Thanks so much for the help

fernando1
01-27-2016, 05:48 PM
I take it you have the latest Amazon tv 2nd version. There is a incompatibility issue with the acceleration. Go under settings then video make sure you have expert selected at the top then under acceleration make sure to turn off any hardware acceleration.
That will fix your freezing issue.

This problem only exist for the 2nd version of the Amazon tv the 1st version hardware acceleration works fine.

Thank you sir, that did it for me.

gsh2012
02-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Seems like this is fixed for me now?

Can anyone else confirm that streams are working with hardware acceleration switched ON? Just went to test today and it works perfectly. I was getting freezing a couple of days ago with the acceleration turned on.

Willwoc
02-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Seems like this is fixed for me now?

Can anyone else confirm that streams are working with hardware acceleration switched ON? Just went to test today and it works perfectly. I was getting freezing a couple of days ago with the acceleration turned on.

What setup you used to got IPTV working on you AFTV2? I've been trying all this week and I haven't succeeded.

fleisch80
02-18-2016, 10:35 PM
amazon, either provide fire tv2 owners with a hardware fix or go f youself
people paid over 100 bucks and now they cant even have hardware accelerated video out,

seems like they intentionally were looking to f us.

and i will continue to blast amazon any chance i get !

no coincendece at all the accelerated video works for all their approved and purchased media sold by them !

Sleepy_Eyez
02-29-2016, 05:01 AM
amazon, either provide fire tv2 owners with a hardware fix or go f youself
people paid over 100 bucks and now they cant even have hardware accelerated video out,

seems like they intentionally were looking to f us.

and i will continue to blast amazon any chance i get !

no coincendece at all the accelerated video works for all their approved and purchased media sold by them !

I was told this is a kodi issue not Amazon.

zues29
05-08-2016, 11:33 PM
Im having same issues but with stb emu.