PDA

View Full Version : freezing in the night

tbone
02-23-2015, 12:47 AM
the box work good all day but when night fall it freeze a lot. Every day it the seem thing am using two different internet provider one 4mbps and 8mbps

alphablondy
02-23-2015, 10:19 PM
are you the only one in the house using your internet?
if everyone in your neighourhood is online at nite and if there all streaming it could affect your speed. that's a possibility.
if there just checking email and surfing normally I don't think it would be noticeable.

moskivb
02-24-2015, 07:21 PM
Mine is the freeze a lot too using 50Mbps internet and Mag 254.
Mine second IPTV service works very well.
Any ideas?

keepup
02-24-2015, 10:34 PM
Same here work fine during day, freezes at night.

tbone
02-24-2015, 11:32 PM
are you the only one in the house using your internet?
if everyone in your neighourhood is online at nite and if there all streaming it could affect your speed. that's a possibility.
if there just checking email and surfing normally I don't think it would be noticeable.
I have the box on the internet by itself

Marley
02-25-2015, 06:12 AM
i run two mag 254 wireless and avov 1 all work perfect no freeze at all update all boxes

moskivb
02-25-2015, 12:17 PM
asft, what about the Fire TV box?

Marley
02-25-2015, 05:17 PM
look now we are talking about emulator on firestick or dreamlink or any other that you load it to heck it has well let say a few problems that why i stick with mag or avov and happy and i really like my mag 254 if you want xbmc get a different box or buy a mygica they are coming out with new upgrade that will make magtv run the way it should but all and all they always said for best get mag254 and i run wireless 60 ft from my router with np on cheap jynx usb wireless stick think i paid 4 bucks for it on ebay maybe 5

were55
02-27-2015, 02:04 PM
Hi,

I'm having freeze at night too, I'm in Mexico and other IPTV links works fine, hope this can be improved.

K00lKatT
02-27-2015, 02:12 PM
have you tried google DNS on box and router???

theuduk
02-27-2015, 02:48 PM
The mag254 is the best box for wifi connection I have, one is in a area where is bad for wifi but only have issues when server is up/downdating.
Google in mag and router 7meg nominal D/L but only getting 5meg in area where mag is.

On old fogie time so after 11:30 is shuteye for me.

BIO
02-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Freezing at night can be a local problem. Evenings and weekends is when more people get online, so if your neighbors (or maybe as large as your town) starts using bandwidth it gets shared between everyone. Most internet companies do not have unlimited bandwidth and when there is more demand than they can offer everyone suffers.

Google dns is also only needed in your router or receiver. If your receiver is sending its domain requests to a public one the router will simply hand it off without checking. If your router is set to use a public DNS then all traffic going through will be handed off to that DNS. Both is not needed. I have used one public dns for my main and my isp for the second for years in my router.

Marley
02-27-2015, 04:15 PM
make sure you box is updated for me get this on cable i get freeze and on wireless i dont cant tell you why on this but wireless to me is better just cant tell you why that is and no dns at all

Sanford
02-27-2015, 06:01 PM
One thing to try if your internet is throttling your speeds making everything freeze is to use a vpn.

You can also use command prompt to find out what wifi channels your neighbors are on so you can avoid there channels.
(open command prompt , copy this and just paste it in and press enter) netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid

Another thing that helped with my friend who experienced horrible freezing all the time was to go into router settings and release and renew ip. I don't know why this worked but it was amazing the difference on his and he has had problems with this daily but now everything works good for him.

shiloh
02-28-2015, 12:52 AM
Would the vpn have to be placed at the modem level or can we install it on the mag

tbone
03-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Would the vpn have to be placed at the modem level or can we install it on the magwhat I find out is my internet was losing a lot of pack I trace it with ping plotter

shiloh
03-01-2015, 11:11 PM
Whats the cure for that if any I'm thinking VPN router based

fireman
03-02-2015, 01:00 AM
I have the same problem, but I am 12 time zones removed from the US. Yesterday watched BBC on IPTV all day. Next to no lags until 5 or 6 pm. Which tells me it's probably overall Internet traffic and nothing to do with a single home connection. The more people that cut the cable and start streaming at night will just make it worse.

Bkman2020
03-02-2015, 01:21 AM
Isp could be saturated will congestion that will def cause freezing issues.