PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink T6 setup

crazed 9.6
12-07-2015, 08:37 PM
To start out with and make something clear...
The Dreamlink T6 receiver is not the same receiver as the Dreamlink Smart TV Android.
They are two completely different receivers.

First thing you might wanna do after you unpack this new T6 receiver is to check what build version is currently onboard the T6
Connect the T6 to the TV and power it up.
Once you see the green light come on (powered up), you should next see a series of messages on the front display.

On the front display, you will see in order...
4 slashes (----)
boot
Hl
t-08

Once you see the t-08 on the display, you should now also see a Dreamlink T6 splash screen come up on your TV
Next, the display should change to the time display and at same instance on the TV screen, the T6 should take you thru it's language, timezone and pic size setup options.
Next, the TV screen will change to the Kodi startup splash screen. It'll show here that it is Kodi version Helix 14.2
Next time you shut it off and turn back on, it will go straight to the Kodi start-up splash screen.

Okay now we have the Kodi menu on screen. That's the blue background screen with some options shown in a bar.
Some people like to refer to it as the Kodi bar

In the Kodi bar, you see from left to right.
-Pictures
-Videos
-Music
-Programs
-System

Open the System Tab and you can see the following menu options available under that opened tab,
-Settings
-File Manager
-Profiles
-System Info
-Android
-Satellite

You'll see them listed with the options found under the System Tab on your T6

Okay, the first thing we wanna do is find out what file may already be onboard that T6
You can find this information two different ways thru the T6 menus , but we will just show one way for now.
In the Kodi bar and under System tab, open the Android option. In the next menu, open the MBox Settings option and then open the tab referred to as 'Other'
Here we will see the Model number, the Android version, the Build number and the Kernal number (which is a lunex kernal).
The Build number is where you'll see what file is onboard.
If the factory 20 file is onboard, it show (Build 20) in brackets.
If the 343 is onboard, it will show in brackets, (Build 343)
The version and date will also be there.

So no need to reload something that's already there.
Load files accordingly.
But no matter what is now there, I'd do a factory reset function before continuing further. Just to be sure it gets done since a file is onboard already (factory or other) and to be sure a reset is done after a file has been loaded (any bin file), do a reset now.
In that Android menu (same menu we found the Mbox menu tab), is where the factory reset function can be found.

Next let's connect the Ethernet cable if that is gonna be what's used for internet connection., WiFi is another option and you may have noticed your T6 came with a small antenna, that;'s the WiFi antenna.
In the System tab (on Kodi bar) and under the System Info tab is where you can see the Network tab to see your networking IPs are correct. If it's not correct or unpopulated, check internet connection and maybe reboot receiver to get it to populate.

Okay assuming the 343 bin has now been successfully loaded, and a reset performed afterwards, lets go and find out how to setup the IKS server and scan sats.

Exit outta that Android menu. When I say Exit, I mean to use the back button. The Exit function doesn't help us much with the setup. It is functional later when browsing menus and stuff, but for setup it's most times the back button function that we use.
Okay, enter the Satellite menu and under the Network tab.
This is where you setup your Server(s).
Your server settings will stay visible even after saving them, unlike other dreamlinks of the past. After finished and before exiting that menu, use the correct colored button to Start server.

Next is the Channel search tab is where we would set up our sats. That tab is in the same Satellite menu.
-Leave it on Auto Scan.
-Select your sat
-Antenna Setup is where you set your LNB Type and DiSEEqC ports and some other stuff.
-Transponders should be correct for the sats 110w and 119w, as I checked them with the correct current working TP list I have. The only thing not exactly correct is the Spot Beam TPs were left included and each has two slots, one for 20000 Symbol Rate and one for 21500 Symbol Rate. neither scan any channels, but don't worry about this. The needed TPs are there and correct, Spot Beams are not needed.
Next would be to Start Search.
Search that sat and then save.
And then setup and search any other sats you may have.
Now Exit that menu (back button) and you should see a small message up top right in the Kodi bar screen. that message should be saying EPG uploading client or something along them lines. You should also see the Kodi bar gain another tab... The TV tab should appear.
Open that Tab up and that's where your EPG and Channels will be found thru. Some other options there to.

Now after exiting the scanning menu and you do not see that epg uploading message, then go back and in the Android menu, delete channels and then rescan your sats and exit for results . The results would be seeing that EPG uploading message.

and every time you start up or change the server active slots, you will get the epg uploading clients progress. It is very fast thou and only once outta many tries at it, was I able to scroll to TV on Kodi bar and it wasn't ready yet.

ron123
06-23-2016, 01:59 AM
hello Sir I just got a new Dreamlink t6 HD reciever and I followed your instructions all the way til it says what my build is suppose to be, here's what I have
Android version: 4.2.2,Build number:version 20140428(Build: 18), Kernel version: 3.0.50, what do I do next since I don't have what you specified in your instructions and do I load the file that I need.

Panh
08-30-2016, 05:04 PM
how to put label name and user ip on server thanks

Panh
08-30-2016, 05:06 PM
cannot install iptv stalker

ddowder
08-30-2016, 08:58 PM
Try this :

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?16230-Dreamlink-T6-Stb-Emulator-Setup

4ktvfan
09-10-2016, 05:12 AM
Just got mine this very day, and stalker is nowhere to be seen and can't seem to download it. And on satellite side, I don't know what "key" they want, what label, what username, what password, and so on. I took my best gues but every channel that shows up says, "scrambled" after some delay. I'm donating to nfps if that makes a difference. Advice, please?
Thanks. The other threads are just confusing me (again.)

ungerbunion
09-12-2016, 02:12 PM
Just got mine this very day, and stalker is nowhere to be seen and can't seem to download it. And on satellite side, I don't know what "key" they want, what label, what username, what password, and so on. I took my best gues but every channel that shows up says, "scrambled" after some delay. I'm donating to nfps if that makes a difference. Advice, please?
Thanks. The other threads are just confusing me (again.)

Your KEY, PASSWORD and USERNAME should have been sent to you via email from the paid provider that you purchased from. As far as setup goes, you need to look at post 1 of this thread.

4ktvfan
09-13-2016, 02:56 AM
Thanks, Unger, but only "donation number" was supplied. If username and pwd are the same, still don't know what to use for key. And mine must be a clone, dang it, as it shows 344 and not 343. I had already performed all the steps in post #1, but no matter what I put in "key," I get "scrambled channel" and the "key" is always reset to all zero's. It is seeing at least one sat and scanned successfully.
Are we still only supposed to get channels above 9000, like the last 4,000 years?

Capt.Kangaroo
09-13-2016, 03:19 AM
Thanks, Unger, but only "donation number" was supplied. If username and pwd are the same, still don't know what to use for key. And mine must be a clone, dang it, as it shows 344 and not 343. I had already performed all the steps in post #1, but no matter what I put in "key," I get "scrambled channel" and the "key" is always reset to all zero's. It is seeing at least one sat and scanned successfully.
Are we still only supposed to get channels above 9000, like the last 4,000 years?

Username and Password is your Donation number
Des Key
6103 4034 4540 6970 9871 2341 2134

4ktvfan
09-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Is the DES key supposed to go back to all zero's each time you access that page???
This is (probably a clone) with build 344.

Marley
09-15-2016, 12:31 AM
yea lots clones out there more then real box i say

Capt.Kangaroo
09-15-2016, 01:04 AM
Is the DES key supposed to go back to all zero's each time you access that page???
This is (probably a clone) with build 344.
Cant remember off the top of my head but I think all info shows as blANK after you enter it and go back.
There was a program"Make2dream" that lets you input and see your info and then load it to your box.
It works on T4,T5 and maybe the T6..not sure.
Anyways its on the beta site if you wanna try it out.
http://ftabeta.com/showthread.php?t=65824

NBS
09-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Cant remember off the top of my head but I think all info shows as blANK after you enter it and go back.
There was a program"Make2dream" that lets you input and see your info and then load it to your box.
It works on T4,T5 and maybe the T6..not sure.
Anyways its on the beta site if you wanna try it out.
http://ftabeta.com/showthread.php?t=65824

no,no make2dream for t6

NBS
12-05-2016, 08:06 PM
If it came with 344 on it it's a clone

BIGMANNYC
12-05-2016, 08:29 PM
hello guys i also just setup a new t6 , it came with kodi helix 14.1 and build 344 (is this really a clone?) in pvr clients i only see the TVheadend HTSP Client? , i read you cannot upgrade to kodi 15.2 i need to add some emulator? (my other android boxes have kodi 15.2 with stalker client for iptv server info ) , i also noticed after i did the sat ch scan the ch came in and epg but (says scrambled) and in network area , i used newcamd , in label name i used the name of server n_ _ s , then port , in connect on init is "disabled" , then entered the des key 6103******2134 , the un/pw (donation) but it wont save when i click on red button (start) it goes back to default into with a des key of 01020304050607080910111213124 , they say you need to do some kind of reset? any help is greatly appreciated thx in advance

NBS
12-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Yes it's really a clone

Capt.Kangaroo
12-05-2016, 10:24 PM
no,no make2dream for t6
Thanks for the clarification NBS...:)

BIGMANNYC
12-05-2016, 10:46 PM
thanx for info nbs so its not worth to try to get it to work ,maybe thats why it had so many issues and cant setup , i will just return for a refund i am searching for an original...just ordered another from another seller contacted seller first they sent pictures of original and swore there are original form korea i will keep you guys posted thanx again and happy holidays...

NBS
12-06-2016, 12:34 AM
thanx for info nbs so its not worth to try to get it to work ,maybe thats why it had so many issues and cant setup , i will just return for a refund i am searching for an original...just ordered another from another seller contacted seller first they sent pictures of original and swore there are original form korea i will keep you guys posted thanx again and happy holidays...

originals come with factory only

Marley
12-22-2016, 12:23 AM
ya different animal for t6

4ktvfan
12-22-2016, 01:03 AM
For sats, I finally got it to stay setup. The key may be to disable "TV" while you're doing the passwords page entries. Then, if you leave that page and come back, if your passwords stick, then you're golden. Works fine after you fiddle with it enough to get it to work the first time. That is, until a big ECM hits and you are down for an undetermined about of time. The picture is as good or better than the Sonicview 8000HD so the effort is worth it, even on the clone. I just CANNOT seem to get IPTV to work on that same box, though. <censored> it.
And instructions? You MUST, repeat MUST have patience and do a LOT of digging through all these forums to find the tidbit here and the brief morsel there, that finally, after 6 weeks of looking, let's you get the picture you're after. I have yet to find one single post or forum that has the instructions for the Dreamlink T6 (clone) to work, either sat or iptv. I only have the sat working but again, the audio and video are phenomenal.
Oh, and you have to explicitly turn "newcamd" on.

crazed 9.6
12-23-2016, 05:22 AM
4ktvfan, there are reasons why you can not find a guide specific for a clone Dreamlink T6
Mostly because we don support that T6 clone.
The Chinese got a-hold of the T6 pretty much soon as it was put on the market. Clones came instantly and lots of them. They flooded the market. They out sold the original T6 and at a fraction of the cost.
Them clones may or may not fail on many functions., but in the end them clones are inferior, made of inferior parts. ANd a clone by definition, because it used Dreamlink software, just tweaked a small bit.
So a company (or companies) from China that cloned the work of another company, is not something we care to associate with.

4ktvfan
12-23-2016, 12:20 PM
That's all well and good and I heartily agree with the philosophy. Moreover, I do NOT buy from China if I can help it. The vendor who sold me this unit swore it is not a clone and stressed it was all factory software. Not being able to inspect ANYthing, I took him at his word and bought it. Boy, did I buy it. So how many of us got suckered in?
Aside: you can't **believe** how hard it is to buy shoes in the US if you won't buy Chinese products. Took a couple of months.

BIGMANNYC
12-24-2016, 06:55 AM
i had the same problem with the des key always going back to zero and also in xmbc the helix version i did not see stalker client. it came with some other type of clinent , i also noticed i had a clone and the seller was selling them as originals so i returned it for a refund. and got a jynxbox hd in the mean time and the picture looks amazing and it works right out of the box just enter server info and dish setup and presto , i have been using kodi lisengard with stalker client on my android boxes and this gets them up and running on iptv , i could not get it working on the stalker version on jarvis 16.1

OllBY
12-24-2016, 08:02 PM
I am happy (again) that this site do not support clones. Nevertheless I have never understood how one is against counterfeiting doing counterfeit business. But it is only my problem, is in't it? I've always thought the priority is to support the hobby. But again, it's my own mistakes.
I do have an T6 clone for more than a year and it works pretty fine for me. I do use IPTV through Kodi and IKS by subscription. I use it a lot. I mean it. So far everything works well and only things I do not like is to be stuck with Kodi 14 forever. But looks like originals share the same fate. Either you you do not upgrade the Kodi or you loosing the IKS. But the newest add-ons are not compatible with an Helix Kodi anymore.
So the main rule (so far) if you use IKS than Stalker and other PVR clients are no-no and vice verse.

BIGMANNYC
12-27-2016, 10:01 AM
ok ollby so the t6 clone you have is working on iptv with kodi 14? what pvr client did you use? because the one i saw on the clone did not seem to work for me. also did you get both the iptv & the iks working on this t6 clone? thx...

4ktvfan
01-03-2017, 09:55 PM
This whole kodi thing is extremely complex and neither setup nor day-to-day usage is terribly -intuitive. Looks like it was built one add-on at a time with no thought to simplifying the over-all architecture for the end-user. For example, the "video add-on's" allow you to install an add-on that requires a username/password to use but nowhere in the descriptions does it tell you that, not even when you try to view something!!!
It's a real mess.
And now to have a box (T6) that has such a great picture not be supported by anyone (apparently) and the boxes are certainly not free, nor is the iptv service you're trying to get, is really a screw-over.
Not to mention that the original manufacturer of the Dreamlink T6 has apparently been out of business FOR OVER TWO YEARS, so the clone has now become the mainstream and you can't even find a "real" pirate box to buy, while vendors swear to you that their clone is the real thing.
And as ollby says, pirates not supporting the pirate of a dead pirate box? Does anyone see the irony in this?

4ktvfan
01-03-2017, 09:56 PM
How hard would it be to install the "real" T6 software/firmware into these clones?

crazed 9.6
01-03-2017, 10:10 PM
the file extensions are different between the clones and the real McCoy
But simply changing the extension thou will not work.
Some have tried loading original bins with the extension adjusted onto a clone and vise versa but ended up with bricked receivers.
The differences maybe able to be seen thru a Hex Editor. They did not change much, I think it was the boot up process that was changed in the files.

I have wrestled with this clone discussion that has invaded my T6 tuturial thread, in fact I have deleted the posts once but then restored them later.

You guys wanna play with these inferior cloned models then be my guest, but you will never see a clone T6 file posted here at iptvTalk.org :eek:

BIGMANNYC
01-08-2017, 02:52 AM
hello guys i just setup this t6 original from korea it came with the 363 file and i was able to put the iks info in network area and scanned chs and its working on iks but it has kodi 15.0 only with the tvheadend pvr client , has anyone figured out how to use both iptv and iks ? that was the reason i got it thinking it would do both and you would just enter the server info for both...i though installing the latest emulator for nfps would help....i already linked the t6 mac to donation... i wish there was a way to get the channles to load or install stalker client , has anyone tried to update kodi on this t6? im afraid of loosing the sattellite tab? thanx

BIGMANNYC
03-08-2017, 03:09 AM
hey guys i returned the clone and got an original with original remote just scanned channels and added network info and it works fine it came with kodi 15.0 , i believe they have not upgraded to later version because kodi 15.2 and later versions have stalker client and you can add server info there , but then there may be a conflict unless there is a way to switch between iks and iptv , thats the main reason i bought this box so i wont have to use the other two...im hoping they come up with something that allows us to use both with this t6...

crazed 9.6
03-10-2017, 12:27 AM
thnx for the report BIGMANNYC :)

4ktvfan
06-15-2017, 02:08 PM
So, anyone have a suggestion to replace the clone with, that gives as high a picture quality as the clone T6??? Must be HD capable. Both my SonicView 8000's have died.
thanks.