PDA

View Full Version : Internal memory not 4gb

Rambo2000
12-04-2015, 11:41 PM
I have a TV online + box, everything I have read says it has 4g of internal memory. When I go to internal memory on my box it shows 1793 mb free space and 58mb used space no where near the 4g the specs say I should have. I have sent this question to Avov and the only response from them so far is to perform a manual factory reset, which I did but did not help my problem. Am I doing something wrong?

PayPerView
12-05-2015, 12:59 AM
Hmm.....Didn't pay attention, but yip, you're right. Mine says 1050MB free, 770MB used. That's a total of 1820MB (1.8GB), with some miscellaneous Mega Bytes being used here and there. They do advertise 4GB and it seems we only have 2GB. For the price I paid I feel kind of ripped off now.....

Marley
12-05-2015, 01:22 AM
for plus always was 2 that why fuse for 4

Rambo2000
12-05-2015, 01:46 AM
I know I feel kinda ripped-off too. ASFT if you go to AVOV website it states for the plus ":Internal Storage: 4 GB NAND Flash"
And everywhere on here it has said the same. On the thread comparing the plus and non plus the different memory was questionable on the two. Some said both had 4gb and some said only the plus did.

Capt.Kangaroo
12-05-2015, 01:47 AM
plus supposed to be 4GB
Fuse 8GB

Rambo2000
12-05-2015, 01:54 AM
Thanks for that post Captain, does your plus have 4gb?

Capt.Kangaroo
12-05-2015, 01:56 AM
Thanks for that post Captain, does your plus have 4gb?
Honestly I haven't checked. When I get home I'll check and report back

Rambo2000
12-05-2015, 02:40 AM
Thanks I look forward to hearing what you have. Hope others see this post and report what size memory they have.

floder2
12-05-2015, 03:01 AM
My avov TV-Online Plus and my TV-Online V2 both have 2g of memory...................Now if you go to system info in the Plus box with the new skin.....it list memory as 4g.......but in the Application manager it shows 2g..........shows you the free space and used space...............not sure what to believe......................Avov website sure says 4gb of memory for both boxes..................

CyberDawg
12-05-2015, 05:16 AM
check kodi, system\sys info\storage and see what it reads. kodi will let you know what it is running on.

eureka
12-05-2015, 05:30 AM
Surely it's the same as other boxes, smartphones, tablets etc & that some of the internal storage is used up by the operating system, any pre-installed apps, as well as any other apps that you install yourself? So when something is advertised as having 4GB internal memory or storage it's not claiming to have 4GB available, just what it's overall capability is.

PayPerView
12-05-2015, 05:39 AM
Kodi reads:

Storage/Emulated/0
size 1.8G
used 0.7G
avail 1.0G
use% 41%

PayPerView
12-05-2015, 05:44 AM
Surely it's the same as other boxes, smartphones, tablets etc & that some of the internal storage is used up by the operating system, any pre-installed apps, as well as any other apps that you install yourself? So when something is advertised as having 4GB internal memory or storage it's not claiming to have 4GB available, just what it's overall capability is.

It would still show a 4 gig capacity just with a good chunk used up for apps and operating system. It does not show the 4 gig capacity, only 2 gig. Your computer and smart phone uses up internal memory for the operating system, but the hard drive/chip capacity still reads a total storage capacity. The portion of the drive used by the operating system is not "hidden".

whatsup745
12-05-2015, 06:11 AM
Sounds like the flash is not formatted properly.

Rambo2000
12-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Now I am wandering about other AVOV boxes, is AVOV misleading on all there boxes......

floder2
12-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Anyone with a Fuse..........check to see if you have 8gb memory

Capt.Kangaroo
12-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Anyone with a Fuse..........check to see if you have 8gb memory

In the Market my Fuse shows
663.61M Used
4590.41M Available
thats 5.25 GB

Rambo2000
12-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Captain was your plus the same as ours on not showing 4gb? Is there anyone that can get in contact with AVOV to clear this up? As I stated in my first post I contacted them and they responded once with no help, I have since replied back but they have not answered me.

Capt.Kangaroo
12-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Captain was your plus the same as ours on not showing 4gb? Is there anyone that can get in contact with AVOV to clear this up? As I stated in my first post I contacted them and they responded once with no help, I have since replied back but they have not answered me.
I haven't got my plus hooked up right now. I'm sure mine was the same as everyone elses.

timezone12
12-05-2015, 11:49 PM
Someone will come on and correct me if I am wrong, (and I am going to skip a bunch of the finer details,) but the OS is created in a separate 'partition' of the internal storage, and the remaining space is left in its own partition. Settings->Storage reports the space in the non-OS partition. Again, I too wish I could see the OS partition in these numbers.

More importantly, I wish manufacturers would report actual available storage on the packaging of a device, it is such a kick in the pants to get home with your brand new device and find that you have only half the space it says on the box. Very frustrating.

Hope this helps.

Capt.Kangaroo
12-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Someone will come on and correct me if I am wrong, (and I am going to skip a bunch of the finer details,) but the OS is created in a separate 'partition' of the internal storage, and the remaining space is left in its own partition. Settings->Storage reports the space in the non-OS partition. Again, I too wish I could see the OS partition in these numbers.

More importantly, I wish manufacturers would report actual available storage on the packaging of a device, it is such a kick in the pants to get home with your brand new device and find that you have only half the space it says on the box. Very frustrating.

Hope this helps.
thanks tz, thats should clear up the questions...:)

Bruicer
12-06-2015, 05:18 AM
I just purchased the avov plus and mine shows Free space 1662mb used 162mb right out of the box what the hell add said 4gig...

K00lKatT
12-06-2015, 05:20 AM
of course you're smart enough to realize KitKat and Kodi and your apps take up space....:)

Bruicer
12-06-2015, 06:27 AM
Captainkangaroo I haven't even loaded Kodi yet

Capt.Kangaroo
12-06-2015, 06:29 AM
Captainkangaroo I haven't even loaded Kodi yet
Ok?..........

Rambo2000
12-06-2015, 01:30 PM

Hope this helps.

The problem I have with this is usually the device will show you this in settings. It will show how much space you have and show you how much space they have used for there system etc... If AVOV is using over 1/2 of the advertised internal memory than they should show that.

PayPerView
12-06-2015, 02:53 PM
If AVOV is going to use up half of our storage memory then the next update they come out with needs to allow us to be able to use external memory storage. Just as with our mobile devises we can stick a 32 gig micro SD card in the box and download apps to it when internal storage is full. Currently external storage can only be read from not downloaded to.