PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Regarding Differences Between Android / Streaming Boxes vs. Roku...

tvtalk
12-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Hello. I am hoping that someone on this forum can clarify some things for me. I currently own a Roku box and can stream channels, including paid subscription(s) like Hulu and Netflix. However, I have been reading about U Box’s, Android Boxes, etc, which are supposed to allow you to stream thousands of channels, pay channels, movies, tv shows, pay per view events FREE (without subscriptions). With the Roku, I have to enter channels individually, I would like to have a box that is self-updating.

1. What are the differences between a Roku Box / U Box / Android Box?

2. What is the best box you would recommend?

3. How do the U Box / Android Boxes offer free paid channels and pay per view events without subscription?

4. What box offers the best ease of use?

Thank you in advance.

K00lKatT
12-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Roku boxes do not work with our system, thks..

whatsup745
12-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Android boxes do what your Roku does but also you have access to many free APPs that stream VOD (Video on Demand: any TV show or Movie ever out virtually) and there are Apps and Kodi Add-ons that offer Live streaming however it is not as organized as the pay services but if you want a channel and willing to search for a few moments.. you can find virtually anything out there.

Roku is such a controlled apps platform whereas an Android box is not controlled and you can install anything ever made for the Android system..the sky's the limit.

Farmer1
12-07-2015, 07:02 PM
I'd say avov technology is second to none and very user friendly
my personal favorte is TVOnline plus

nada233
12-08-2015, 06:09 AM
I agree with farmer1,and second I would say mag254,they are very reliable and of easy to use.my vote goes to avov.