PDA

View Full Version : Why emulator instead of Kodi

matrixebiz
11-30-2015, 12:32 AM
Hello, I'm confused as to why you would install an IPTV emulator on an Android box instead of just installing Kodi to watch IPTV?

psycon
11-30-2015, 12:38 AM
the emulator was out before the kodi clients..,, everyone and their dog uses Kodi now...

matrixebiz
11-30-2015, 12:40 AM
the emulator was out before the kodi clients..,, everyone and their dog uses Kodi now...
Ah, got it. Thx

daddyrat50
11-30-2015, 12:43 AM
Can you send me a link where to dowload the emulator for firestick or will it work with that. thanks in advance

dara
11-30-2015, 01:01 AM
Hello, I'm confused as to why you would install an IPTV emulator on an Android box instead of just installing Kodi to watch IPTV?

The one valid reason would be if you absolutely need to test the offered VOD from the supported servers. However, you can easily find those using other addons in Kodi. The other reason is that someone doesn't want to learn how to run Kodi.

dara
11-30-2015, 01:04 AM
Can you send me a link where to dowload the emulator for firestick or will it work with that. thanks in advance

Look in the stickies in the private server forums, or in the IPTV Emulators forum.

Yourmomsfav
03-13-2016, 02:42 AM
I'll say this. Using Kodi and a Emulator separately, gives me the ability to change my kodi version anytine without the hassle of no EPG(tv guide) and i loooove a tv guide.lol.

Deadwood
03-13-2016, 04:16 AM

I'm a bit confused as to why anyone would want to install kodi on an Android box and use the emulator to watch IPTV when a PC has far more resources, graphics, memory, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Truth is, Android boxes will run it but they aren't on the same level nor have comparable resources to that of a PC with Win 10 and a high end graphics card. I have a Dreamlink T5, good for IKS but the Dreamlink Android, I gave it away, no soap.

Marley
03-13-2016, 05:19 AM
I didnt buy a computer to watch movie maybe you did but i didnt and yes a computer is bad azz lets see 1,500 dollars or 99 wonder which one has a better picture or my 20 dollar stick

bdotp
03-13-2016, 05:29 PM
My reason to not use kodi for iptv was the fact that if a channel is not working you have to wait it out with no way to stop it from trying to stream it. I am not sure if this is no longer a factor with the addons available but I remember it being very frustrating.

Gtest413
03-14-2016, 10:59 AM
I found on my firestick and fire TV that kodi lagged even with all the fixes I did. My firestick would also crash due to low ram. That's why I went with firetv and emulator combo. I havnt had a problem in a long time.

kaka99
03-15-2016, 12:37 AM
these stb emulator, stalker clients and iptv stalker all are ben chod and rocket as well i dont know what the hell they doing ? its been over year still shits down or broken or benchod server issue there are more iptv server just running fine and they look like just started yeasterday i been testing rocket , nfps seens they came up with this iptv chutt still cant figure out i dont get it iks working ok still up and down for many years some iks am testing they never go black no kidding benchod .

Gtest413
03-15-2016, 11:06 AM
these stb emulator, stalker clients and iptv stalker all are ben chod and rocket as well i dont know what the hell they doing ? its been over year still shits down or broken or benchod server issue there are more iptv server just running fine and they look like just started yeasterday i been testing rocket , nfps seens they came up with this iptv chutt still cant figure out i dont get it iks working ok still up and down for many years some iks am testing they never go black no kidding benchod .
.... That gave me a headache.

Neal Perry
04-22-2016, 10:29 AM
Hello! What could be the best emulator setup with Kodi ?I want to run game emulators directly through Kodi yet uncertain how to set it all up appropriately.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!