PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather vs. Pacquiao official for May 2nd

jetta
02-21-2015, 12:34 AM
Mayweather vs. Pacquiao official for May 2nd

It's official.

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will fight on May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada in one of the most anticipated fights in boxing history.

Details of the agreement between the two pugilists are still scarce. Yahoo's Kevin Iole reports Mayweather and Pacquiao are set to split purses 60-40 with Mayweather taking $120 million while Pacquiao earns $80 million. The bout will be contested at welterweight, or 147 pounds.

"I am glad my decision to meet with Manny and discuss making this fight happen helped get the deal done," Mayweather said via release. "Giving the fans what they want to see is always my main focus. This will be the biggest event in the history of the sport. Boxing fans and sports fans around the world will witness greatness on May 2. I am the best ever, TBE, and this fight will be another opportunity to showcase my skills and do what I do best, which is win. Manny is going to try to do what 47 before himf ailed to do, but he won't be successful. He will be number 48."

Sleekyboy24
03-04-2015, 10:43 PM
The long awaited fight! It would be nice if its up and running by that time.

alphablondy
03-05-2015, 12:04 AM
rooting for Manny to win .

Marley
03-05-2015, 01:13 AM
i like to see both get knocked down a few times for money they are making but manny for me at end

jetta
03-05-2015, 03:25 AM
A fight to remember hopefully...and Mayweather for me..