PDA

View Full Version : Kodi w/ ext. hhd...?

CyberDawg
11-24-2015, 02:40 AM
Has anyone figured out how to record or playback a video library with an ext. usb hard drive via Kodi?
Since there was no manual included in the shipment, as was advertised, nor one available online yet.

I've tried a powered 500 Gig FAT32 & a 1TB plug and play NTFS (both Seagate). Tried with micro sd card in & out. The only thing I can record to is the micro sd.

So far I've tested a 32gig class 10 that works but is a joke when it comes to storage. Anyone know the maximum it will take?
I was considering getting a 1TB micro sd but the price tag was a little high to gamble on.

For the time being I'm pulling from from my network share to view media. But I wanted this to be a stand alone device I could use seperate from the network so another user could set up their own library.

psycon
11-24-2015, 02:56 AM
http://kodi.wiki/

CyberDawg
11-24-2015, 06:30 AM
http://kodi.wiki/

not sure why you pointed me there. nothing about external hard drives & the fuse.

i've got hard drives hooked up to 3 other kodi systems. the fuse is the only one that won't recognize them.

Marley
11-24-2015, 03:29 PM
wow it should nothing new are you on the right device

Lowteck
11-24-2015, 06:24 PM
There are several ways to record in KODI. One way is to install Dreamcatcher or Send to Alex. Both have to be set up as to where to record to in the Config section of the app. These apps record while watching a movie or anything but live TV. The other option is through the movie services that support this function. Not all movie services allow this but they download indipentent of the viewing of the show. They also need to be setup throught the config. I do not know of anything about the live feeds. If someone does, let me know!

CyberDawg
11-24-2015, 06:37 PM
I got the 500gig FAT32 to record last night after psycon pointed me to wiki page. but as soon as the box was reboted i lost the dba1 path in kodi.

I was able to change my background picture from a file on the dba1 also, again after the box was rebooted i lost my custom background when dba1 disappeared.

it talks about rooting the device i didn't think that was an option with the fuse because of mickyhop.

Marley
11-24-2015, 07:53 PM
can you click on files then files again to add a drive to download movies too

CyberDawg
11-24-2015, 11:29 PM
can you click on files then files again to add a drive to download movies too

No, it can be viewed from there but there is no path to add it to the library. I was expecting it to show up in the line marked External Storage . the sda1 folder does not show up in the path to be added to a movie/tv source.

Although, it can be scanned for new content and play anything it picks up. Same w/ the micro sd card. It doesn't show up in the path to be added to the library source that is set up via network share.

It seems Bass Ackwards not to have it in the path for external storage.