PDA

View Full Version : Question about picture quality

vampirito
11-23-2015, 07:30 PM
Hello,

I'm thinking in purchasing one of these boxes to test it and would like to know if this box does have a better or fluid image/picture than mag254. I feel mag's have a lot of jittery on camera movements (which i do not see using Kodi in a MXQ box i have), so maybe is a codec or firmware thing with those. How's the picture with these AVOV boxes, does it looks fluid or at least no jitter frames present? thanks

nelsonlfs
11-24-2015, 05:00 AM
todos dicen avov pero yo compre una nvidia shield y es otra cosa...

Capt.Kangaroo
11-24-2015, 05:38 AM
todos dicen avov pero yo compre una nvidia shield y es otra cosa...
English please.........

dinho
01-17-2016, 03:35 PM
Vampirito did you purchase the AVOV ? i am having problems with my MAG 254 while watching sports as it is very jittery/choppy.

vampirito
01-17-2016, 04:55 PM
Vampirito did you purchase the AVOV ? i am having problems with my MAG 254 while watching sports as it is very jittery/choppy.

Yes, i bought it. In terms of that you can install Kodi and a lot of other apps is better, but picture quality is the same as mags, no info when watching a channel, no page surfing so you have to manually change channels one on one, the guide is not that good either. They may fix those things with a firmware update but still haven't happened. I understood that the pixelated or jittery/choppy picture on many channels comes from the server, so we can't do anything to fix it until they do it.

Marley
01-18-2016, 01:46 AM
mag or avov has same picture for iptv now for kodi avov rocks on 1080p

PayPerView
01-18-2016, 02:15 AM
Yes, i bought it. In terms of that you can install Kodi and a lot of other apps is better, but picture quality is the same as mags, no info when watching a channel, no page surfing so you have to manually change channels one on one, the guide is not that good either. They may fix those things with a firmware update but still haven't happened. I understood that the pixelated or jittery/choppy picture on many channels comes from the server, so we can't do anything to fix it until they do it.

You do understand that no info when watching a channel, no page surfing, the guide not being good have absolutely nothing to do with the AVOV box. That information is provided by the server you are connected to, in this case Rocket. Buying a new box will not change any of that. Picture quality also greatly depends on the amount of data the server you are connected to feeds you. Some live TV channel have poor quality pictures while others have decent quality pictures; just depends on the amount of data they are serving. None of the live TV is great regardless of what box you use. When watching Kodi, I have watched some shows/movies that really looked great and I've watched some that sucked....has nothing to do with the AVOV box.

vampirito
01-18-2016, 03:53 PM
You do understand that no info when watching a channel, no page surfing, the guide not being good have absolutely nothing to do with the AVOV box. That information is provided by the server you are connected to, in this case Rocket. Buying a new box will not change any of that...

That's not entirely correct because i had a mag254 before my AVOV and that one does show the channel information when watching a program (pressing the INFO button) and also pressing the << (rewind) and >> (forward) button will page when surfing the channel list, so i think is more a firmware limitation on AVOV right now. Even Kodi have those features, so is not a server thing. But anyway i like the avov, is a great box, i just would like them to add that for easier surfing.