PDA

View Full Version : Remote control

Goldyflix
02-20-2015, 02:26 AM
why is there 2 power buttons on the mag254 remote control, i would assume you could control your tv with it... But i cant find where and how to program it for my tv.. Both of the buttons turn off my mag254. Maybe i missing something , but i cant find that information

BIO
02-20-2015, 02:59 AM
The mag remote is not an universal remote, nor is it programmable. Take a look at the paper guide that came in the box, it says the blue on the left is "Programmable Selection". The programming of that button is up to the server operating the portal, at least I think it is?..

Marley
02-20-2015, 03:36 AM
sure is on that info need glasses to see it

BIO
02-20-2015, 03:43 AM
Naa asft, I put a pic of the remote in the setup thread so it can be zoomed in for us that need binoculars to read :cool:

You're on your own for the rest though

dreamscape
02-21-2015, 01:12 PM
To program the buttons do the following:

Press the «On/Off» and «A/V» buttons at the same time and hold it for 2 seconds. When the green light of the «On/Off» button will stop blinking and will light steadily, it means the RC is ready to learn.

Press the button you want to «teach» — the green light will start blinking.

Place the infrared lamps of two RCs opposite each other and press the button on the RC of the other device, the function of which you wish to copy on AuraHD Plus RC. Hold for 2 seconds.

After the green light two quick blinks you may continue programming other buttons.

Repeat the procedure described above for all buttons you want to program for controlling external devices.

Press the the «On/Off» and «A/V» buttons to save the programmed data; the green light should fade off .

Reset

Press SETUP and OK button at same time and hold for 2 seconds red LED will flash 5times. Reset is done.

dreamscape
02-21-2015, 01:13 PM
http://wiki.infomir.eu/lib/exe/fetch.php/new_rc_en.png?w=1500

BIO
02-21-2015, 02:11 PM
Great job dreamscape, I did not know that and stand corrected.
Going to make your post and pic a sticky for ya :)

wineonnine
02-21-2015, 03:32 PM
what green light are you talking about -- i dont see one on my rc

dreamscape
02-21-2015, 06:38 PM

Hiya BIO, thanks, can you change the title please though, only mag 254 new remote as far as I know, i.e not 250 one....

Marley
02-21-2015, 07:20 PM
yes thanks going to save that on my computer bio didn't even see that getting old

'chasing...
02-21-2015, 07:25 PM
what green light are you talking about -- i dont see one on my rc

the left power button(blue-programable) button glows green when pushed.....

dreamscape
02-24-2015, 01:03 PM

Hi BIO, You didn't make it a sticky and it's about to disappear off the bottom of the page, people will start asking again if you don't and we don't want that! :D

BIO
02-24-2015, 01:18 PM
I set it to stick once, guess I didn't use enough glue :)
May have reset when I changed the title, or I'm just getting forgetful.
Either way, it's stuck now, thanks.

Bandit5906
03-10-2015, 10:01 PM
I have a problem with the remote: I cannot get out of one portal to select another. Also I do not see a way to reboot other than pulling the plug. I cannot believe there is not a way to bring the page back up which shows the portals? what am I missing?

BIO
03-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Easy fix, scroll over to settings for both. Portal, reload portal, and reboot device are all there.

Marley
03-10-2015, 10:12 PM
try up button

Bandit5906
03-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Easy fix, scroll over to settings for both. Portal, reload portal, and reboot device are all there. I found that just before I found your reply: Thank you!

It just seemed to me that a button would do the job without having to go into the settings for that portal? Sort of like the exit button would have done it?

BIO
03-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Don't want to make it too easy do you lol'ol?
For people with only one portal it could confuse them to have an extra button there for no reason IMHO. Have to remember they market the mag to legit iptv companies.

jarodrig
04-25-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm starting to believe that what BIO is saying is correct.....

In another thread, I've explained that the instructions on "programming" the remote to control a TV or other device applies to a different model MAG remote ........NOT the one pictured in the instruction manual......

The mag remote is not an universal remote, nor is it programmable. Take a look at the paper guide that came in the box, it says the blue on the left is "Programmable Selection". The programming of that button is up to the server operating the portal, at least I think it is?..

BIO
04-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Don't worry about what bio says, he's wrong sometimes. I've never tried on mine because I don't use factory remotes, but others have been able to get theirs to work.