PDA

View Full Version : Multiple devices one donation

nlsal
11-18-2015, 06:56 PM
Okay I have a mag 250 and a working donation. I am happy with the service and it was a easy setup. However, I now have a second box but I do not need a second donation because I will only be using the second box in another room when I'm not using the my first box. The problem is that I can't do that because my donation is linked to one MAC address. So with all the technology the administration has displayed, is there a way to have multiple MAC address linked to one donation? I was able to do this with iks as long as both boxes were not using the same donation at the same time. So is it possible that you guys can work on something like that for us who have multiple boxes but can not afford two donations? Please advise if there is away to currently make this situation work for me. Thank you

Marley
11-18-2015, 08:16 PM
yup they wont fix that one mac per box but am i wrong some boxes you can set up with same mac i think as long as both are not on never tried

nlsal
11-19-2015, 02:41 AM
is there a way to change the mac address on my mag 250 to the custom mac address I made for my kodi iptv stalker?

dara
11-19-2015, 02:43 AM
is there a way to change the mac address on my mag 250 to the custom mac address I made for my kodi iptv stalker?

No, you can't. The MAC is embedded in the mag's firmware.

Lowteck
11-19-2015, 06:22 PM
I wasn't trying to run two on the same sub, but I bought two M8S and set one up for me and then proceeded to set the other one for my sister. I liked her setup better so I used backup in KODI and copied her information to mine so mine would be the same without all the instillation hassle. I unknowingly did this after I linked a mac address to her box. When I finished mine was linked to the same mac address since I had not transferred my account to this box. So you can in KODI.

manny786
11-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Yes, You can, I have tried and it works

nlsal
11-19-2015, 06:32 PM
So you use the same MAC address for both kodi and your iptv box? Now did you have to make up a custom serial number and the three other device names? Please advise?

dara
11-19-2015, 07:16 PM
You cannot use the same MAC between Kodi and a dedicated STB, unless you know how to transfer the Serial number, device IDs and signature from the STB to a Kodi Client. There is a method to do that, see the 1.0.18 IPTV Stalker thread OP. You can't modify the MAC, or the other credentials on an STB.

You can use the same MAC on other devices, using Kodi add-ons, as long as you keep the same credentials for the serial number, etc, and likewise for emulators. You aren't supposed to use a MAC simultaneously, though.

The other rule is "one donation - one MAC". If you want to use a different MAC, you would change that using the correct donation/rocker/route checker. Changing from one MAC to another essentially resets the previous MAC, but may not do that immediately.

nlsal
11-20-2015, 08:29 AM
Do you have the specific link to the instructions on how transfer the Serial number, device IDs and signature from the STB to a Kodi Client. Thanks please advise

nlsal
11-20-2015, 04:14 PM
I got the Mac and serial number but how do I get the device 1 & 2 and signature ID from my mag 250 so it can mirror my kodi ip stalker. That way I can use both without changing macs all the time as long as they are not on at the same time.

dara
11-20-2015, 05:31 PM
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?6856-IPTV-Stalker-video-add-on-all-platforms-(File)&p=54761&viewfull=1#post54761

Bottom of Post #1

It's specific to the MAG 254. The method may work for the MAG 250. Have at it.

nlsal
11-20-2015, 08:06 PM
thanks for the link but I'm not sure how to do the ssh command. Turn on the MAG254 and go to Home Portal. Don't open any portal.
Open the ssh and execute the commands:

Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://www.handgrep.se/repository/CXtools/sh4/tcpdump/tcpdump-4.3.0-static
chmod a+x tcpdump-4.3.0-static
./tcpdump-4.3.0-static -A -vvv | grep -Eo "(sn=[0-9a-zA-Z]*).*(device_id=[0-9a-zA-Z]*).*(device_id2=[0-9a-zA-Z]*).*(signature=[0-9a-zA-Z]*)"Open the portal and get the information on console.
You can update the information manually on config. Go to userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.stalker and edit the file settings.xml

nlsal
11-20-2015, 08:08 PM
I would need some step by step instructions or video. thanks

dara
11-20-2015, 08:41 PM
I would need some step by step instructions or video. thanks

You probably would be waiting for one for a long time. I just posted it so that you would get an idea on how tough this is.

nlsal
11-20-2015, 10:30 PM
It would be easier for everyone if the administration would simply add a second area where we link our Mac to our donation so can have multiple macs tied to one donation. I figure out how have both mag 250 and kodi iptv stalker, but I have to change the mac everytime I want to use a different device. I'll just use this method till we get a better one! Too much security just to watch tv. Lol

dara
11-20-2015, 10:55 PM
It would be easier for everyone if the administration would simply add a second area where we link our Mac to our donation so can have multiple macs tied to one donation. I figure out how have both mag 250 and kodi iptv stalker, but I have to change the mac everytime I want to use a different device. I'll just use this method till we get a better one! Too much security just to watch tv. Lol

That won't happen, unless they become generous. The rule is "one donation - one MAC". Who knows, they might allow a single donation to have multiple macs, but then you would have people that would abuse it, even "lending" MACs to their neighbors and friends.

nlsal
11-21-2015, 02:29 AM
That is true, but I was thinking more like you can have all the macs you want linked to one account, but one Mac at time would work not all at the same time. For example, if I'm down stairs using my mag 250 then disconnect. Then go upstairs and turn my other device with a different Mac, but same donation and it would work because they both are not on at the same time. Thanks

Marley
11-22-2015, 04:47 PM
it be easier to take box downstairs then change mac all time could lock mac at some point

manfredz
11-22-2015, 09:03 PM
you're expecting some significant reprogramming in the handshaking and imput program to affect a small handful of people. As mentioned, not much work involved in moving your MAG from one room to the other. Or buy two subscriptions.