PDA

View Full Version : Route Details

nardsbarley
11-13-2015, 08:01 PM
I just signed up for a month of service from IKs66.com a few days ago, and I can´t get it working although I have followed the setup instructions carefully. My credit card was charged and I was assigned a route. When I search the route, the details show my mac address as 00:00:00:00:00:00. When I try to change the MAC, it says Mac already exists.

My question is should my route details have 00:00:00:00:00:00 as the MAC address? It seems to me it should be the MAC address for my MAG254 which I provided at the time of my order.

nardsbarley
11-15-2015, 02:04 AM
So, in response to my support request, I received an email asking for a photo of the back of my MAG254 which I sent.

In response they sent my an email with my route number, mac address, server Info, status etc. I guess that was their way saying everything is ok on their end.

My question is related to the "server info" which consisted of the following address: 66.iks66.tv:50066. In the setup instructions for the mag254 the portal should have the address "http://66.iptv66.tv". So what is the relevance of the server info they have provided me in the email? How am I suppose to use that address in my configuration or testing, if at all?

By the way, despite this email from support, I am still getting the horizontal blue status bar. I have tested successfully my Mag 254 using a trial period using an iptv service called Telly Connect. So that tells me my box is working fine and the problem is with IKS66

nardsbarley
11-15-2015, 02:20 AM
Ok, got it running. I got rid of the the http:// and just used 66.iptv66.tv and it worked. Don't know if that was a fluke...

nardsbarley
11-20-2015, 04:11 AM
One day after sending a photo of the back of my MAG254 and watching the ultimate fighting championship, I was unable to connect. The support staff is now ignoring my emails. While I can´t prove it, I think my IP address is being blocked. Maybe it is because I am in Ecuador. In any case, they are losing out because I know a bunch of retired people that would like to use this service.

P.S.
If anyone knows of an IPTV service that works well apart from the three services supported on this forum, I would appreciate their name. thx

crazed 9.6
11-20-2015, 04:16 AM
did you get iks or IKS and iptv ?

If just purchasing IKS without iptv then that would explain that.

No one here is gonna give you help with getting another srervice (besides the 3 here).. that would be advertising their services over ours... which seems rather silly for us to allow !!!

nardsbarley
11-20-2015, 04:35 AM
did you get iks or IKS and iptv ?

If just purchasing IKS without iptv then that would explain that.

No one here is gonna give you help with getting another srervice (besides the 3 here).. that would be advertising their services over ours... which seems rather silly for us to allow !!!

What is silly is the crappy support, especially because I support dozens of retirees in Ecuador who I could resell this service to. And yes I paid for everything. Here is a portion of my initial email

I
PTV PORTAL: 66.iptv66.tv
SERVER: 66.iks66.tv
PORT: 50066 (Dish) 60066 (Sky Mexico) 55066 (Dish Mexico) 33066 (Claro TV 50W) 35066 (Media Net)
DESKEY: 1234123412341234123412341234

Please use the following IPTV + Free IKS Route(s) as the Username and Password in your Receiver:

K00lKatT
11-20-2015, 04:39 AM
sigh, I'll warm up the bus...:(

crazed 9.6
11-20-2015, 04:40 AM
okay, yes that is for both.
What about the no connection ?
Is it a block mac address thing or something else?

crazed 9.6
11-20-2015, 04:46 AM
sigh, I'll warm up the bus...:(

no need KatT :)
I can see our friend's frustration and with no response thru email and again no response on this thread till today, well it's understandable about any frustration. With email, it's tough to get a response because most emails are not showing any facts that it is not user error, so to answer emails of some types, then the server admins might as well spend 24/7 here on a support site instead... that's not for them to do.

I wonder if it's something to do with being Ecuador thou. I don't know how ISPs work there.

crazed 9.6
11-20-2015, 05:00 AM
nardsbarley, I need to know if this is a MAC addy block that you may have seen in an alert message on your iptv box .
Without that knowledge we can't proceed.

Be good to know about what I mentioned about Ecuador too :)

nardsbarley
11-20-2015, 05:38 AM
nardsbarley, I need to know if this is a MAC addy block that you may have seen in an alert message on your iptv box .
Without that knowledge we can't proceed.

Be good to know about what I mentioned about Ecuador too :)

Thank you for your reply. I have not seen any message indicating that I am blocked. The blue loading bar appears and never goes beyond that. That was case before I got it working for that one night after I had provided a photo of the back of my Mag254 to support. The next morning I turned on the device I got the blue loading bar. No changes had been made to the box.

Question: Are there any regions of South America that this service is known to blocked for some reason?

crazed 9.6
11-20-2015, 05:42 AM
yes, PR had some issues, along with some other places in South America. I think them issues were fixed at server level thou, but before that... users from that area could not connect without using some kind of proxy or VPN
That's why I ask or mention about that.

If no Mac addy block then we gotta look at Ecuador ISPs and possible block there or at account you have with server and a possible fault there someplace.

nardsbarley
11-20-2015, 06:08 AM
yes, PR had some issues, along with some other places in South America. I think them issues were fixed at server level thou, but before that... users from that area could not connect without using some kind of proxy or VPN
That's why I ask or mention about that.

If no Mac addy block then we gotta look at Ecuador ISPs and possible block there or at account you have with server and a possible fault there someplace.

I just tried connecting my Mag to a router connected to a VPN in Austin Texas, in the United States and I still get the blue loading bar. That seems to rule out the possibility of it being my ISP in Ecuador.

crazed 9.6
11-20-2015, 06:17 AM
I just tried connecting my Mag to a router connected to a VPN in Austin Texas, in the United States and I still get the blue loading bar. That seems to rule out the possibility of it being my ISP in Ecuador.

okay, I am sending this issue to 66 server admin now.
I can't guarantee what kinda results we'll get, but message is sent to correct people.

nardsbarley
11-20-2015, 06:20 AM

Many thanks. If their conclusion is that everything is fine on their end and that it must be my box, I will live with that.

crazed 9.6
11-20-2015, 06:26 AM
well, we shouldn't have to live with that.
I'll do my best to get this resolved.

K00lKatT
11-20-2015, 06:30 AM
wishin ya the best, nardsbarley, Crazed is the "man" to get this cleared up...:)

nardsbarley
11-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Well, I received an email from suppport saying I should try it again yesterday. I got it working fine last night, turned it off and went to bed, and this morning I turned it back on and there was a splash screen that said something about my STB being blocked by my provider. Then I rebooted the Mag254 and when I try to load a portal and I just get the blue loading bar.

So basically the same thing as last time. I get it working for a day and then the next day it reappears blocked. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

nardsbarley
11-25-2015, 07:18 PM
Could this situation be caused by someone else using my MAC address? Although I am still learning about this process, I get the impression that people using KODI create their own MAC addresses instead of using a physical address, as we do with the MAG254s. Is that correct?

big dady
11-25-2015, 09:36 PM
You are correct. Now try re-link your mac address and try it again to see

nardsbarley
11-25-2015, 10:04 PM
You are correct. Now try re-link your mac address and try it again to see

Thanks for your suggestion. If I click on the "link a Mac" menu item from the iks66.com website, it asks me for my "Route" which I enter and then it displays my "route details" which includes the correct mac address for my MAG254. This process doesn't seem to have any effect on my ability to get the service, since I reboot the device and it I still get the blue loading bar.

theuduk
11-25-2015, 10:09 PM
Once you get it running again I would suggest not turning the box off as less chance of someone sneaking in and causing ,note I leave mine on 24/7 without any problems if you are in a servere Lightning area you can weigh up the risks/solutions.

big dady
11-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. If I click on the "link a Mac" menu item from the iks66.com website, it asks me for my "Route" which I enter and then it displays my "route details" which includes the correct mac address for my MAG254. This process doesn't seem to have any effect on my ability to get the service, since I reboot the device and it I still get the blue loading bar.

when you get to route details go to change mac and 1 or 2 numbers after successful change it back to the original mac address that will reset your mac now reload portal twice and it will work

nardsbarley
11-25-2015, 10:56 PM
when you get to route details go to change mac and 1 or 2 numbers after successful change it back to the original mac address that will reset your mac now reload portal twice and it will work

I was able to modify the MAC as you asked, but when I try to change it back to the actual MAC it gives me the message "MAC address already exists"

big dady
11-25-2015, 11:29 PM
try changing it again. maybe the server was slow

nardsbarley
11-26-2015, 05:12 AM
try changing it again. maybe the server was slow

Same result. Even if there is another donation/rocket/route associated with my MAC address, shouldn't they give priority to those with the physical MAC addresses and just prevent anyone else from using it?

K00lKatT
11-26-2015, 05:21 AM
you may have to send the provider a pic of the label with mac on the bottom of your mag. also use the same email you ordered with and supply your order info along with it, I know it's an inconvenience but what can I say. Lots of folks out there trying to nab legitimate macs to use without paying....

nardsbarley
11-26-2015, 07:58 AM
you may have to send the provider a pic of the label with mac on the bottom of your mag. also use the same email you ordered with and supply your order info along with it, I know it's an inconvenience but what can I say. Lots of folks out there trying to nab legitimate macs to use without paying....

First time I got it working it was after having provided them a photo of the back of the MAG. If there was a mac address conflict that should have taken care of it. At this point I think I have exhausted all avenues with support.

crazed 9.6
11-26-2015, 08:07 AM
that's the problem with mac addys
Outta 12 digits, a person only needs to duplicate 6 of them to have use of that Mac
With programs out there that have the ability to use IPTV services, there are literally 100s of thousands that have use of Stalker and other IPTV programs that they can run on almost any android device , including the home computer.

Ironically, Stalker versions have now a more tighter secure way of keep the Mac from be duplicated... I know nardsbarley this is of little help but that is why this happens, mainly.

nardsbarley
11-29-2015, 02:07 AM
that's the problem with mac addys
Outta 12 digits, a person only needs to duplicate 6 of them to have use of that Mac
With programs out there that have the ability to use IPTV services, there are literally 100s of thousands that have use of Stalker and other IPTV programs that they can run on almost any android device , including the home computer.

Ironically, Stalker versions have now a more tighter secure way of keep the Mac from be duplicated... I know nardsbarley this is of little help but that is why this happens, mainly.

Thanks for the explanation. I suppose if I all i needed to do was "link a MAC" each time I wanted to use the service it wouldn't be a big deal. But for some reason it doesn't allow me to do this procedure suggested by Big Dady.

It raises the question whether I am better off trying to use Kodi on a computer with this service rather than a MAG254?

Another question I have is between the three services that are supported on this forum, is the quality of support different or the turnaround time faster between the different websites?

Marley
11-29-2015, 03:39 PM
look its just to ez to do for mag or avov a no brainer

Phill
08-23-2017, 05:17 AM
Any reseller here that can give routes cheaper?

crazed 9.6
08-23-2017, 05:58 AM
cheaper?
what, you mean like 1 dollar on 10 ?

This is not an auction block.
For you it will be double price.. that includes security in your order (which cant be offered otherwise, like thru someone that may respond to this cheap ass request :)

Security with your order is what you want.
Most resellers take that seriously, others do not.
The main source always does :)