PDA

View Full Version : connect to home server

tbird686
11-11-2015, 01:36 AM
can anyone figure how to connect this to your home server nas

i like to download movies when there service is not working but its old school to download then move to usb then bring to the device

i could get on my home service with the mag box

i did submit the ticket to them but no reply yet............maybe people here may know

thanks

crazed 9.6
11-11-2015, 01:44 AM
that's really not a 'ticket' issue.
I'd suspect you won't get an answer.

sorry I don't know thou... good thread thou.. thnx

tbird686
11-11-2015, 01:50 AM
well maybe they can make a micky hop app to do it

crazed 9.6
11-11-2015, 01:57 AM
an app to do what a USB stick could would be like making an app to find your car in a supermarket parking lot.
The car already has the beep beep function, just hit your keyless entry fob :)

crazed 9.6
11-11-2015, 01:59 AM
don't mind me.. I barely know what a good app would be to what color my socks are each day.
They usually are different colors on each foot :)

tbird686
11-11-2015, 02:04 AM
well i had to download an app for my lg g3 to connect to my home server

so ya then can do it

its just like avov can't do an automatic update they didnt set it up that way you will have to download a file then update the old school way

its crazy they put a Ferrari engine in the box but govern it to half the capabilities it can do

talk about shooting yourself in the foot

if your in competition then beet the other guy........the mag boxes are good but they dropped the ball with the mag 260
if they make a box to do the kodi better then avov will have to step it up

there box can be the best if they do some updates

timezone12
11-11-2015, 02:22 AM
I don't have my fuse yet so I can't do this hands on what I need to know can third party apps be added to the fuse?

crazed 9.6
11-11-2015, 02:25 AM
I don't have my fuse yet so I can't do this hands on what I need to know can third party apps be added to the fuse?

yes, thru Kodi.
Same as some other AVov models.

timezone12
11-11-2015, 02:28 AM
can a apk file be installed like on the fire tv or the nexus player

crazed 9.6
11-11-2015, 02:34 AM
can a apk file be installed like on the fire tv or the nexus player

no... not unless you hack the avov's desktop, so to speak...
Get behind that and it's an android like all others.
But why?
The avov does things the way they do to give the best service it can, or maybe even others can. Is why they do it.
The 'desktop' hack can be done but then you'd end up with a unsupported android box that at one time had best support available.

:eek:

timezone12
11-11-2015, 03:21 AM
as I said I don't have my box yet so I don't know yet what can and can't be done yet. the android box thing is all new to me I do know cell phones and I have rooted all the phones that I've had to make them better. I don't think that I will be doing that to the fuse because it sounds like it can handle what's thrown at it. It has to usb ports on it I saw but don't know what file format it can handle can't a terabyte drive?

crazed 9.6
11-11-2015, 03:25 AM
as I said I don't have my box yet so I don't know yet what can and can't be done yet. the android box thing is all new to me I do know cell phones and I have rooted all the phones that I've had to make them better. I don't think that I will be doing that to the fuse because it sounds like it can handle what's thrown at it. It has to usb ports on it I saw but don't know what file format it can handle can't a terabyte drive?

i put a tetrabyte drive and full drive, at my Vixo2 avov, works good

tbird686
11-11-2015, 03:35 AM
ya but a terabyte or 2 still you have to down load to the computer then move to the external hard drive

come on lets use the network its 2015.........its not new my old neo 5 did it

these guys bought the idea quickly made it then rushed to sell it.........it is what it is and it happens with all these boxes hen some one will stand up with hurt feelings indirectly telling me to hush up

same thing happend with the darn pinwheel

high hopes and walked away

im not saying these guys will do it but there on the 4th generation and there are a lot of up sellers but no one owns up to what the older boxes did that the newer avovs can't do

please please for the 200 we spend

just do what you would want at your house not just another quick buck..........just my two cents

timezone12
11-11-2015, 03:38 AM
well then there you go I'll be happy!! Well I'll be even more happy when I get the fuse lol I asked them to send me the box and then the tuner but they said that I'd have to wait seeing that I won this from the contest last month and it would save avov some money to send them together. Boy am I going through withdrawals not having a new toy to play with LOL

timezone12
11-11-2015, 03:42 AM
well if you want to be a techie you can get this SanDisk - Connect 128GB USB 2.0 Type A Wireless Flash Drive LOL
ya but a terabyte or 2 still you have to down load to the computer then move to the external hard drive

come on lets use the network its 2015.........its not new my old neo 5 did it

these guys bought the idea quickly made it then rushed to sell it.........it is what it is and it happens with all these boxes hen some one will stand up with hurt feelings indirectly telling me to hush up

same thing happend with the darn pinwheel

high hopes and walked away

im not saying these guys will do it but there on the 4th generation and there are a lot of up sellers but no one owns up to what the older boxes did that the newer avovs can't do

please please for the 200 we spend

just do what you would want at your house not just another quick buck..........just my two cents

tbird686
11-11-2015, 03:54 AM
i love it spend 160 usd then have to buy the add ons to make the product work the way you had hoped it to work
good times

okay ill wait and see how the box goes before i start to say bad things

crazed 9.6
11-11-2015, 04:44 AM
before you start to say bad things ?

ummm huh !!!

crazed 9.6
11-11-2015, 04:45 AM
tbird, I already know about reselleing your product in PMs ...
Bring attention on yourself and I will react.

crazed 9.6
11-11-2015, 04:47 AM
tbird, I already know about reselleing your product in PMs ...
Bring attention on yourself and I will react.

I reacted !!

CyberDawg
11-11-2015, 04:52 AM
I can find my other devices on my network but I can't see my network shares like on the mag stb. But thru kodi you can access anything you have on your network. it can even be set up to scan for new content from your pc.

go to video, files, add videos, use the SMB to find your network. then you can set it up to scan as a movie, tv show etc.

CyberDawg
11-11-2015, 04:53 AM
ooops guess its too late for that... oh well, maybe someone else can use the info.

things happen fast when your typing around here ;)

sat-junkie
11-11-2015, 04:32 PM
no freedom of opinion on this forum at all..so quick to ban when people call out the over priced boxes sold here..I'd bet every mod here got a free box thats why they are like this..like watching fox news around here so one way

Marley
11-11-2015, 04:41 PM
then why did i pay for avov 2 box and i tell true been happy with them for a long time and yes they had problem like all new boxes have but for most part i'm very happy i dont have any boxes that are perfect what is that some want this others want that

catz
11-11-2015, 06:46 PM
sat-junkie has a little time off to adjust his/her attitude.

tbird686
11-13-2015, 04:08 AM
I can find my other devices on my network but I can't see my network shares like on the mag stb. But thru kodi you can access anything you have on your network. it can even be set up to scan for new content from your pc.

go to video, files, add videos, use the SMB to find your network. then you can set it up to scan as a movie, tv show etc.

i tried that but it didnt see my network i'll keep trying tough.......i'm not too proficient with the kodi

tbird686
11-13-2015, 01:11 PM
well google was my friend lastnight again

i have a password on my nas so i had to just fill that portion out and now its connected..............

just nice to have this option for one of those days everything is not working or just when you want a movie that you can't find like use the other day it was
who framed roger rabbit.

thanks for the help!!! Cyberdawg

CyberDawg
11-13-2015, 06:24 PM
Glad you got it worked out. ;) I shut my password protection off in Windows to skip that step. I'm not running NAS either, just a 3T ext hhd.

remit
11-15-2015, 07:22 PM
I'm assuming Kodi has DLNA support built in correct?>

timezone12
11-15-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm assuming Kodi has DLNA support built in correct?>
yes as far as I remember it does

Alucard
11-15-2015, 09:35 PM
This is not hard to do. Just setup network shares to your Movies and TV folders. Then in Kodi setup your Movie and TV folders pointing to the shares you created. Kodi will do the rest and load the movies and TV shows.