PDA

View Full Version : Blocking Adult channels in PVR Stalker client

longodongo
09-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Hello peeps,does anyone know of a way to either block or delete adult channels from the list on stalker client? Thanks in advance.

salcido
09-10-2015, 10:16 PM
same question here does anyone know how to block or delete the adult channels stalker client dont seem to have parental controls

tuxen
09-10-2015, 10:25 PM
you can make them inactive (hide) them in channel manager, bring up context menu on a channel to get to it.
there is a "catch" though or its rather logical; if you clear data you will have to do them over.

eureka
09-11-2015, 02:03 AM
If someone is old enough to want to watch adult channels the chances are they're also savy enough to unhide channels!

You can actually hide & lock channels through Parental Control in TV settings & Parental Lock in Channel Manager, & they end up being hidden from the guide & channel list.

1) Click/choose the main System Tab, go down to Parental Control, choose Enable & then enter a PIN.

2) Go back up to General, then Channel Manager & highlight the channel you want to lock. Go over to Parental Locked & then enable. Then Apply Changes Now. Do this for all the channels you want hidden & locked, then Apply Changes & OK.

Doing the above two steps both locks & hides the channels. A PIN is then required to disable Parental Control & to unlock the channels.

This only applies to the Live TV feature in conjunction with the PVR Client. It doesn't apply to the Stalker Video Addon.

bryansuavo
09-11-2015, 04:00 AM
Thank you eureka

tuxen
09-11-2015, 11:22 AM
nice trick, didn't think of that..

manny786
11-11-2015, 12:22 AM
I don't know if its the right thread, but let me ask this question for blocking or hiding adult channels, Somehow i manage to hide these in tv settings in pvr, but cannot block in stalker, Anyone, please share if you have any suggestions. Thanks

manny786
11-11-2015, 12:23 AM
Eureka,
Cant do it in IPTV Stalker, any suggestions?

dara
11-11-2015, 12:34 AM
You should be able to use the Channel Manager in PVR Stalker Client NFPS.

eureka
11-11-2015, 12:36 AM
Eureka,
Cant do it in IPTV Stalker, any suggestions?
You can password protect the IPTV Stalker Video Addon in the addon settings in the 'Parental' tab & choosing 'Enable' & setting a password. This will result in that password being required to access the Adult Channels in the IPTV Stalker Video Addon, but the problem is that all anyone has to do is disable Parental in the addon settings which is easy to do & disabling doesn't require a password, which is a bit counter productive. You can password protect access to addon settings (instructions are included in the video I link to below), so there are a number of choices.
The best thing to do is to set up a completely separate profile for minors & to password lock the master profile IMO.

Watch this video for instructions on how to do that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-hvdcFJET8

manny786
11-11-2015, 12:37 AM
I tried that, I am using Rocket, does it makes a difference. It blocks and hides in pvr but not in stalker.

dara
11-11-2015, 12:47 AM
What do you mean by 'stalker'? You posted in the PVR Stalker NFPS topic, which is essentially the same as PVR Stalker, with some simplification for new users. If you were using PVR Stalker just fine, there is no need to use this version.

dara
11-11-2015, 12:53 AM
This is for anyone that is posting about issues with 'stalker'. You have to be specific about what client you are using to prevent confusion.

IPTV Stalker - video add-on
PVR Stalker - built in "Stalker Client" used in TV/Live TV
PVR Stalker NFPS - same as PVR Stalker, simplified for easy configuration.

manny786
11-11-2015, 01:19 AM
Sorry It was IPTV Stalker and did worked by going into IPTV Stalker configuration and in parental control. Thanks Dara.

manny786
11-11-2015, 01:19 AM
One more question, Does Ivue works with IPTV Stalker.

Alucard
11-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Here is a tool that can help in this to restore your guide data easily should you have to reset the database. http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?8634-Kodi-PVR-Channel-Template-Loader

I have not added adult lock on it yet but will in the next update.