PDA

View Full Version : New to IPTV

Ozzman
02-16-2015, 09:45 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get a little help. I have the Mag254 up and running, it's awesome so far I only have a couple of minor issues I can't seem to figure out:1. I cannot get the weather on the main screen to come up in Fahrenheit, I have changed it (and hit save) in the inner portal many times but it just wont budge, is there a trick to this or is this just a glitch that hasn't been addressed yet? 2. I cannot figure out how to stream from my PC that is on the same network. The Mag254 sees my network, my PC but nothing within the PC, I have my drive with all my media set to share within the network and it is visible from other devices but the Mag254 wont pick it up. I also have tried it thru the UPND? But it does not show anything, any ideas? Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

wee-haggis
02-17-2015, 03:54 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get a little help. I have the Mag254 up and running, it's awesome so far I only have a couple of minor issues I can't seem to figure out:1. I cannot get the weather on the main screen to come up in Fahrenheit, I have changed it (and hit save) in the inner portal many times but it just wont budge, is there a trick to this or is this just a glitch that hasn't been addressed yet? 2. I cannot figure out how to stream from my PC that is on the same network. The Mag254 sees my network, my PC but nothing within the PC, I have my drive with all my media set to share within the network and it is visible from other devices but the Mag254 wont pick it up. I also have tried it thru the UPND? But it does not show anything, any ideas? Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!
To stream from your PC you will need to set up a freebie like Plex Media Server on your computer. This will allow you stream via UPnP

Ozzman
02-18-2015, 06:33 PM
Thanks wee-haggis, I will try that. Any tips on the weather issue?