PDA

View Full Version : Fire Stick best IPTV build and guide

darren2331
11-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Guys,

I have an amazon fire stick and a paid donation to IPTV. Have tried a few builds for a tv guide only none seem to work efficiently (Spinztv, ChrisB, Blackbox). Does anyone have any suggestions for a light build with IPTV access and EPG only? Apologies if this is on the forum as I could not find it.

Darren

eureka
11-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Why don't you just use plain old Kodi v15 or above with confluence skin & use the pre-installed PVR Client which works in conjunction with the built in Kodi Live TV feature which, when correctly configured using latest authorisation protocol provides full EPG, channel list etc.

From what I hear/read, memory is sparce enough on a firestick as it is without clogging it up with any of the above mentioned builds which are packed with addons the majority of which you won't need or ever use.

darren2331
11-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Why don't you just use plain old Kodi v15 or above with confluence skin & use the pre-installed PVR Client which works in conjunction with the built in Kodi Live TV feature which, when correctly configured using latest authorisation protocol provides full EPG, channel list etc.

From what I hear/read, memory is sparce enough on a firestick as it is without clogging it up with any of the above mentioned builds which are packed with addons the majority of which you won't need or ever use.

Yeah that was my plan but I cannot seem to get the PVR to interface correctly, I'll keep looking.

DAZ

ilan
11-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Have to agree... I understand the desire for aesthetics, but I'll take function over form in this case. The Fire Stick can handle a PVR client if it is properly configured, but even then one can tell its limits are being tested. Keep it lean and mean, and it will serve you well.

ilan
11-09-2015, 11:23 AM
What specifically is the issue? What PVR client are you using?

darren2331
11-09-2015, 11:44 AM
What specifically is the issue? What PVR client are you using?

I have been using IPTV Stalker but find it a hit and miss, I must admit I am new to this and have tried to configure the simple PVR client which does not pull through. Have used renegade and ivue for tv guide.

Daz

ilan
11-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Most would suggest that you use PVR Stalker, although I've had decent success with IPTV Stalker in addition to PVR Stalker. What version of IPTV Stalker are you using? What do you mean it is hit and miss. If it's configured properly, it should work, and there shouldn't be a gray area.

darren2331
11-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Most would suggest that you use PVR Stalker, although I've had decent success with IPTV Stalker in addition to PVR Stalker. What version of IPTV Stalker are you using? What do you mean it is hit and miss. If it's configured properly, it should work, and there shouldn't be a gray area.

It appears to be a hit or a miss depending on which build I use, works fine with Chrisb but will not always access IPTV when using the channel guide uses other less reliable sources(channel1 SALTS etc). I think I have used a few different versions of IPTV stalker and there in lies the issue in not using the most up to date version. Will try using PVR stalker, can you use a EPG through that one?

Daz

ilan
11-09-2015, 12:17 PM
I would jetison the builds. Get back to confluence and configure things so they run smoothly.

You need to use the latest version of IPTV Stalker, version 9.0.21. It's available here...

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7379-Modified-IPTV-Stalker-%289-0-21%29-iVue-compatible-send-serial-number-enabled&highlight=ivue+guide

The latest build of PVR Stalker NFPS has the EPG built-in. It's available here...

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7161-Stalker-Client-NFPS

If that doesn't work, the native PVR Stalker will work if properly configured.

darren2331
11-09-2015, 12:23 PM
I would jetison the builds. Get back to confluence and configure things so they run smoothly.

You need to use the latest version of IPTV Stalker, version 9.0.21. It's available here...

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7379-Modified-IPTV-Stalker-%289-0-21%29-iVue-compatible-send-serial-number-enabled&highlight=ivue+guide

The latest build of PVR Stalker NFPS has the EPG built-in. It's available here...

Thanks bud, I will do it tonight and let you know how I get on. Out of interest are you using the latest Kodi or the Beta version?

Daz

ilan
11-09-2015, 12:59 PM
I'm still running 15.1. It works well, so for the moment I'm not inclined to make any changes.

Good luck with things! It should turn out well...

rossws
11-09-2015, 11:25 PM

I also want to know the OP's situation but to your answer, what would be the benefits of using both IPTV Stalker and PVR Stalker NFPS? Wouldn't they just show the same channels anyway?

ilan
11-09-2015, 11:34 PM
Wouldn't they just show the same channels anyway?

Essentially, yes... But on the off chance the EPG Ninja guide is down, I still have a back-up using iVue guide with IPTV Stalker.

vctorea
07-23-2016, 12:57 PM
Hello! My name is Victoria. I am very very new to the. KODI sticks. I have a big problem. I just got done writing a quite lengthy explanation and introducing myself me a copy and then paste it to you and explain my problem and see if you could help me I will warn you it's a bit lengthy is house to basically I guess in a nutshell with these with the cold PVR, TV Guide westerns and getting everything to work but again I am a newbie

floder2
07-23-2016, 02:26 PM
I found that Bare bones Kodi ver 15.2 works best with firestick........ver 16 seems to give problems....I would start with that

indiana
07-30-2016, 02:57 AM
Best build to me is Spinztv premium lite. I have tried the rest and they seem boggy or more for UK users. I use Stb emulator with iks but lately the service has sucked balls next time i will go with spinztvpro or i here also a newer iptv called REBOOT is pretty good has bet-mtv and vh1 in his pkgs hes's still working on his guide though but all channels mostly in HD