PDA

View Full Version : Avov+ need Wifi help

Flameangel
11-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Hello everyone!I just am confused as to why my AVOV TV Online+ will not connect to my Rogers network.My Rogers uses a combination Modem/Router but every time I tried Connect it would only keep connecting but will not connect to my network.My Rogers ISP use an SMC Modem/Router since over 10 years old but no problem with Wifi in the house.I tried using a Powerline Network Adapter but to no avail.The box is okay because I tried connecting it to a different newtwork and the Wifi works.Please HELP.Thank you so much for your anticipated response.

Flame

Marley
11-08-2015, 05:00 PM
wireless should work when you add the right password to it and make sure its your router when adding that ethernet cable should start without anything but my be need to reboot router

alucard1983
11-09-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm a computer tech.. with masters in networking. .. I can tell you the router/modem combos are garbage... myself I disable the wireless on the modem/router... then I have a netgear 3500l with a third part firmware with a bridged to the modem/ router box... modem/router combo boxes usally only suppose 3-4 wifi address after that it bogs down. So I have a devoted wifi router handling that part

theone
11-09-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm a computer tech.. with masters in networking. .. I can tell you the router/modem combos are garbage... myself I disable the wireless on the modem/router... then I have a netgear 3500l with a third part firmware with a bridged to the modem/ router box... modem/router combo boxes usally only suppose 3-4 wifi address after that it bogs down. So I have a devoted wifi router handling that part

I couldn't agree more. I called Rogers for mine and had them take out the Wifi part and used my own router and have had no trouble at all with all my connections.

Flameangel
11-10-2015, 05:12 PM
I'm sorry for taking so long to read your responses but I'll try all your suggestion and make use of it.Thank you so much all.

Flameangel
11-16-2015, 11:57 PM
Well,I got the box to work and all I did was reset the router/modem and then reconfigure it all over again.Thanks for all your replies.